St Rose Of Lima School

Private | PK-8 | 192 students

We are best known for value-centered program.

Living in Franklin

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $90,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $780.

Sweep tile

Posted March 20, 2012

My children started at St. Rose when they were in 4th and 6th grades. We d homeschooled for several years, and I believed that St. Rose would be the "next best thing" to that level of one on one attention. Within a week of their first school year at St. Rose, I knew I d made the right decision. St. Rose teachers and staff take time to know your family and truly care about your children, and the entire school works together to provide a nurturing, supportive environment for learning. Attentive faculty and staff provide inventive curriculum which is constantly adapted as student needs are assessed. After five years with St. Rose, one of my children will be a junior at Roncalli, living up to their high standards of excellence and on the track to receiving an academic honors diploma. My other child placed in the top ten scores on Roncalli s placement test and will also take a full load of honors level classes his freshman year.

Posted December 8, 2011

Choosing St. Rose has been the best decision we could have made for our daughter. St. Rose is a value-centered learning environment that ensures academic excellence. I am thankful for the wonderful support network of teachers, staff and parents. There are opportunities for involvement for both parents and children and numerous extracurricular activities to add to a child s experiences. I believe they are providing my child with the knowledge, skills and experiences to reach her full potential.

Posted August 16, 2011

We have a 2nd grader at St. Rose, this is our second year and we could not be happier. The teachers really care about the children as individuals. The teacher and child ratio allows that individual attention. The parent involvement is very strong which helps ensure strong values are upheld. St. Rose has more sports and clubsfor the grade school level than the public schools. It was refreshing to hear children saying the Pledge of Allegiance which is something the Public School has taken out.

Posted March 13, 2011

An atmosphere like no other around, St Rose has provided our children a fun filled and enriching education. We were very happy to see St Rose' ISTEP to be the highest around. Its a wonderful blend of Christian values and wonderful academics.

Posted October 13, 2010

Best decision I ever made....Taking my 1st grader from public school system to St. Rose. My now 2nd grader has made a complete 360! Excellent Outstanding School!

Posted August 29, 2010

A school that provides and practices value-centered education. A great learning environment for students. The school consistently has all student equaling or exceeding state standards. With state of the art technology, good facilities and wonderful teachers it is a great school for our grandchildren.

Posted April 29, 2010

I currently have 2 children at St Rose. We've been at the school for 4 fast years. I am so pleased with the progress of my children. The academics are strong but it is the environment that makes St Rose the right place for my kids. The teachers are caring, the parents are involved, the children are respectful. My kids are learning and developing in a compassionate, faith based community.

Posted April 27, 2010

I have had my daughter at St. Rose since the first grade, my son started there in Pre-K. Moving my family to St. Rose school was the best decision we could have made. The small interpersonal relationships between students and teachers is wonderful. The parents are involved, and they are truly interested in the children suceeding.

Posted February 3, 2010

I went to St. Rose from 5th through 8th grade. I came in behind other students my age and now I am getting ready to go of to college something I never new was possible for me because of how much trouble I had in school. Everyone at St.Rose cares and will do all they can to make you the best you can be!!! I love St.Rose and still help with all I can at the school because we are all a big loving family! Trust me St. Rose is the place for everyone!!
—Submitted by a student

Posted December 29, 2009

I've had 4 children attend St. Rose. Two of them have graduated, my oldest daughter is a freshman at Franklin High School where she is taking Honors classes and doing very well in all of them. She has also been involved in sports. I know that St. Rose has well prepared her for this step in her life, and given her the right tools in dealing with the pressures of High School. I have two daughters left at St. Rose and I am thankful that we are a part of this community. I love all the things that are offered at St. Rose, the Extended Care program, sports, Mass and Scouts to name a few. I could not ask for more!

Posted November 27, 2009

I was a student at St. Rose. St. Rose had wonderful teachers that gave every student the attention they needed, but middle school did not prepare me at all for high school both academically and socially especially if you went on to a public highschool. I would fully recomend St. Rose up until middleschool. Specificaly if your child intends on attending a public highschool, I strongly suggest leaving after 5th grade. Many of my class of 20 stayed until 8th grade year, and most, if not all of us debated leaving mid-year because our Middle School experience was most definately dificult and unpleasant.
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 25, 2009

My son has been a student at St. Rose since he was a 3 yo preschooler, and he is in 6th grade now. We are now parishioners at St Rose, but at the time we enrolled him, we attended St. Barnabas, and live in the extreme northern part of Johnson county. All of the teachers at St Rose have been excellent. Moat of the staff know my son and myself by name. The school is small, but, there are plenty of extracurricular activities to involve my son--scouts, football to name two. The extended care program is excellent, and provides excellent aftercare for the children.

Posted November 4, 2009

Our son attended the St. Rose Preschool program and is currently enrolled in Kindergarten. St. Rose provides a nurturing environment, well-rounded curriculum and opportunity for spiritual growth. The dedicated educators and staff both encourage and provide the opportunity for our child to excel towards achieving his personal best in all he does. We are thrilled to be part of the growing St. Rose family!

Posted October 31, 2009

St Rose has been a great experience for us. Many of the teachers have been there since the school started and it shows that they care about the kids. Great enviorment for any kid.

Posted September 9, 2003

We are so very happy that our children attend St. Rose. The teachers are creative and helpful to one another. Each grade has one class and the class sizes are small. We feel as if every teacher knows who we are and who our children are. Parental involvement is amazing!

English/Language Arts

The state average for English/Language Arts was 85% in 2013.

26 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 80% in 2013.

26 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % passing

In 2012-2013 Indiana used the Indiana Statewide Testing for Educational Progress-Plus (ISTEP+) assessment to test students in grades 3 through 8 in English language arts and math, grades 4 and 6 in science, and in grades 5 and 7 in social studies. The ISTEP+ is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Indiana. The goal is for all students to score at the passing level on the test.

English/Language Arts

The state average for English/Language Arts was 84% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 74% in 2013.

English/Language Arts

The state average for English/Language Arts was 79% in 2013.

22 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2013.

21 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 74% in 2013.

22 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English/Language Arts

The state average for English/Language Arts was 78% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 84% in 2013.

18 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 69% in 2013.

English/Language Arts

The state average for English/Language Arts was 74% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 69% in 2013.

English/Language Arts

The state average for English/Language Arts was 76% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 70% in 2013.

Scale: % passing

In 2012-2013 Indiana used the End-of-Course (ECA) assessment to test students in middle and high school in Algebra I, Biology I, and English 10. The ECA is a criterion-referenced assessment developed specifically for students completing their instruction in Algebra I, Biology I, or English 10. The goal is for all students to score at the passing level on the test.

Source: Indiana Department of Education

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Test score rating
Student growth rating

1-3 Below Average

4-7 Average

8-10 Above Average

How schools in the state rate:

of schools in the state are Below average
of schools in the state are Average
of schools in the state are Above average

Test score rating 20131What's this?

This school
District
State

Student growth rating 20132What's this?

This school
District
State

Math growth at this school

Reading growth at this school

1 Test scores are based on 2012-13 ISTEP and End of Course Assessment results.

2 This rating is based on 2011-12 and 2012-13 Median Growth Percentiles in Math and English Language Arts

Multiracial 5% 4%

• Spanish

Health & athletics

• Access to sports fields
  • Gym

Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • Before school
  • Mrs Rebecca Floyd
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
  • Coed
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (317) 738-3583

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Core knowledge
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer
  • Gym
  • Library
  • Playground
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Indianapolis

• Choir / Chorus
Performing arts
  • Creative writing

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Student newspaper
  • Yearbook

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
  • Parental involvement is high! parents help in classrooms, assist with fundraisers, talent show, field trips, tutors, facility maintenance and technology committee.