PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

St Rose is good in theory. A small school with a good Christian base. Children learn to treat each other with respect and be courteous. That is where it ends, except for the affluent. The middle school is really a waste of space. It is embarrassing to see how immature the students are, and how little they learn. Elementary school is ok, but giving a child multiple attempts to get a good score on a test is not productive. Unless you are a non-working parent and can dedicate much of your time to the school, or are highly affluent and can donate tons of money, your child is just a number. They will accept anyone to try and get their numbers up, including students that have been behavior problems in public school. I do believe some of the teachers genuinely care about the students, but the principal is cold and uncaring, unless it is a child of one of the above mentioned types of parents. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

It really depends on the teacher, but I'm finding many are burned out and don't care anymore.

Develops character: Disagree

It is very obvious that parents that can't be present for every event, or parents that don't have as much money have children that are not treated as well

As a parent of 4 students, 3 of which began their education at St. Rose of Lima as PreSchool students, we have been highly satisfied with the education and excellent life building skills St. Rose has provided. Each of our children have received personal attention for each individuals needs. With the new principal we have gained an Enrichment Program for advanced students, Google Chrome Technology for our middle school and several building renovations, to list a few. St. Rose has only excelled to be one of the best schools Johnson County has to offer. Currently being a State Rated A school has only proven St. Rose is on the right track. We love this school, and highly recommend it.

St. Rose is amazing. My daughter is in the Lion Cub classroom and all the teachers make her feel safe and happy. She sometimes starts the prayer at home before we eat and has the best stories about her day. We love how much extra care goes into her day. The staff greet us with smiles and go out of their way sometimes to accommodate for her and her happiness. The older kids seem to know her and are a nice group of role models. My daughter cheers about making it to school in the morning. That feels great and starts my day off right too.

We did not find the school or the parish to be very welcoming. There is lack discipline, quality instruction, and academic rigor. There was a lack of discipline for serious issues and too much discipline for minor issues. The middle school loses students every year because of the already mentioned issues. Even with a new Principal the same issues seem to present themselves. The school is a private school and has a 'C' rating from the state. Along with all the other issues you have to ask yourself, why would I pay good money to get my child a 'C' quality education? It was easy to come to the conclusion that my child will not attend school there next year. I pray that the school can make the necessary changes and become the quality school it once was.

My children started at St. Rose when they were in 4th and 6th grades. We d homeschooled for several years, and I believed that St. Rose would be the "next best thing" to that level of one on one attention. Within a week of their first school year at St. Rose, I knew I d made the right decision. St. Rose teachers and staff take time to know your family and truly care about your children, and the entire school works together to provide a nurturing, supportive environment for learning. Attentive faculty and staff provide inventive curriculum which is constantly adapted as student needs are assessed. After five years with St. Rose, one of my children will be a junior at Roncalli, living up to their high standards of excellence and on the track to receiving an academic honors diploma. My other child placed in the top ten scores on Roncalli s placement test and will also take a full load of honors level classes his freshman year.

Choosing St. Rose has been the best decision we could have made for our daughter. St. Rose is a value-centered learning environment that ensures academic excellence. I am thankful for the wonderful support network of teachers, staff and parents. There are opportunities for involvement for both parents and children and numerous extracurricular activities to add to a child s experiences. I believe they are providing my child with the knowledge, skills and experiences to reach her full potential.

We have a 2nd grader at St. Rose, this is our second year and we could not be happier. The teachers really care about the children as individuals. The teacher and child ratio allows that individual attention. The parent involvement is very strong which helps ensure strong values are upheld. St. Rose has more sports and clubsfor the grade school level than the public schools. It was refreshing to hear children saying the Pledge of Allegiance which is something the Public School has taken out.

An atmosphere like no other around, St Rose has provided our children a fun filled and enriching education. We were very happy to see St Rose' ISTEP to be the highest around. Its a wonderful blend of Christian values and wonderful academics.

Last modified St Rose Of Lima School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8