Bad
Good

This school is a great place to send your child to learn. The only concerns I have with this school is how the teachers talk to the children. They are usually talking in an harsh manner and instead of instructing a child to do something, they tend to "bark" it at them in a mean way. I also noticed that numerous teachers talk to the parents the same way. If the teachers learned how to communicate better this would be a great school all around.

The school is good but they go too far with their attempts to be strict. If you child is tardy four times they suspend them for a day. Even if they are a straight A student and this is their first infraction. This is a bit excessive and can negatively impact their status as a 21st Century Scholar. Unfortunately it is the best Gary has to offer and it is still mediocre at best boasting only a grade of C.

I am currently a high school senior at TBLA and I love it. I've tried going to public school and I hate it. There's nothing like attending a place where the teachers not only care about you learning, but they care about you period. I love this school, it's DEFINATELY home for me ! I wouldn't change a thing, maybe except the uniforms every day lol :) ...JDLR

This is my son's freshman year; so far so good! I strongly appreciate the rappor that I've had with his teachers! They show genuine concern for his academics as well as his sportsmanship! I look forward to registering my other child for TBLA next year! Keep it up TBLA!

im a current student at thea bowman and i think you can do better for your kids . this school treat the basketball team like there so type of god . they always let them get away with any and everything . every thing you learn here you can learn at a public school . the teachers are better their always in the students business about everything . also if your child is late they miss their whole first hour class . thats why the test scores are so down because they dont teach you anything if i was you let them stay or allow them to attend a public school because your not missing anything by going here .

I have both an elementary and high school student who attend, and I am extremely impressed! The level of higher level thinking skills the teachers push the students to use is phenomenal and I'm very proud to say my kids go there.

Thea Bowman is a excellent school,and the teachers,principal and whole school adminstration is concerned about their students.I would recommend this school to anyone .My grandaughter will graduate in june and her younger brother and sister attends here.

Thea Bowman School teaches values that will help make our world more peaceful. Some of the values are responsibility, accountability, respect, equality, honesty, trust, and these will help students become good leaders in our society.

I love Thea Bowman Leadership Academy because it produces graduates who are respectful of others, who enjoy learning and who want to be persons who are leaders.

I love this school, it is a great experience to have my children attend this school. The falculty and staff has excel these children to the highest level of education. This school provides a safe environment for my child. Kudos for Thea Bowan elementary and Jr/Sr. High

Last modified Thea Bowman Leadership Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.