Posted August 06, 2014
The office staff are unhelpful, rude, and uninterested in what parent or student needs are. Everyone else in the school is friendly and kind for the most part. The school nurse is great, for instance. However, as a parent, I groaned every time I had to call or stop by the office. The teacher used corporal punishment, which I feel is inappropriate, particularly for talking in class. Is it really necessary to resort to that for such a minor offense? There are extensive plumbing problems--just try to find a working water fountain. I'm pulling my student from this environment.

Posted December 06, 2013
The teachers are very concerned for the children's needs and are nice and respectful. However, the office staff (two ladies) need strong customer service training. I've been there about four times and they are rude. The first day I went they were very rude with me and with all the parents that walked in the office. It's like a norm for them to be rude. The assistant principal cares if you have been helped. He's a nice man.

Jacques Marquette Elementary School 0

Posted April 15, 2010
I love Marquette School because the teachers take a sincere interest in helping the children learn and surpass their norm of doing good and instil in them the importance of doing great!

Jacques Marquette Elementary School 0

Posted December 02, 2009
Marquette is a good school. The teachers are very concerned with the childrens' school performance.

Posted October 23, 2009
I believe that the principle and staff at Marquette are exemplary! They are concerned about the children and they are very respectful of parents. I must say that Mrs. Lawson, Mrs Davison and Ms. Kirkendall rate a ten. Keep up the good work!

Posted June 07, 2009
my son has been going there for 2 years. I love this school

Jacques Marquette Elementary School 3

Posted January 21, 2009

Posted October 27, 2007
My son attends Marquette and I honestly have to say that I love the school. The principle is always busy, but she is kind and concerned. So is the assistant principle. I live in the Glen Park area, and I do not regret having my child attending a school that is on the other side of the city, because the teachers are team players and respect parents that want to be involved in their childrens education. The area is also one of the safest in the city.

Posted August 29, 2007
I feel Marquette has made some important strides in improving the quality of the education. Concentration is on Math, Science, Reading and Writing. Generally the teachers seem pleased to be Marquette. The Building is new and definetly welcoming, however as my son pointed out on the first day of classes one of the drinking fountians remains broke from last year. As a parent I have expereinced a lack of good decisions by the adminstration and teachers. On the little items I wonder why as educators and professionals they continue to lack the skill to make common sense decisions. The Big issues really did take a while to resolve and sometimes never fully were resolved to my satisfaction There is a lot of violence at the school between the kids and the school would do well to address this with some conflict resolution. The children, my wife and I have been disappointed.

Posted July 07, 2007
Marquette School provides an excellent learning environment for my child. The teachers are great and the principal is the best. The building in which they learn is new and equipped with the latest technology. Parent workshops are provided to help inform parents on what strategies and skills are being taught. Parents are well informed of there child's progress including grades and test scores. Children learn and good teaching occurs at Marquette

Jacques Marquette Elementary School
6401 Hemlock Avenue, Gary, IN  46403
Last modified Jacques Marquette Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jacques Marquette Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.