Bad
Good

All they do is send your child home when he or she has an behavior instead of redirecting the child and continue to teach them , they take the easy way out and send them him or her home and that's not doing anything but stopping them from furthering there education.

Gary Lighthouse College Prep, Graduating 100% of the senior class with 100% accepted to colleges is fantastic. Principal Hart and her staff deserve the lion's share of the credit. This is a great school.

I agree this school has the same challenges as any other school but I think that they meet them much better than the 'public' schools. I like that the teachers are young and not jaded and worn down and can relate to things in this century.It is up the parents to teach their children respect and that is a parenting skill that seems lacking in this area.

Gary Lighthouse Charter school is no different than other schools in Gary. Its test scores are similar to Gary schools. Many of the students come from homes where their basic needs are not met. Schools can only do such much for any child. It always comes back to the parents. I think many of the parents see the school as a babysitting service because of the extended hours they have.

Unfortunately, I can't blame the school for its downfalls and problems. As a future teacher I know it is going to be my responsibility to teach children. But, I hope the parents understand it my job to teach their children and not raise their children. If parents today would take a much more active role in their childrens educational journey I think that no matter what school they go to they would be extremely successful.However, Gary Light house Charter School isn't the greatest school because it is way too small to handle the size of children that attend their so parents lets come to gether and demand excellence for the school,Teachers, and our children.

This school has been a disappointment to me and my children since it opened. The children are not improving, hence the letter I just got in the mail re: inprovement standards (failures). Lighthouse Charter is basically, the same as other 'Public Schools'. You get fooled by the outwardly appearance....but the true work that's NOT being done there is evident in: reputation, discipline problems, student attitudes toward many of the young teachers, the lack of academic improvements, and the many complaints from other parents (including my family)... about the lack of educational opportunities for students who are able to be challenged beyond the 'regular' scheduled coursework. We are looking for a better school for our children.

I am not very pleased with this school. There is no respect in the classrooms only in the lowest grade levels I seen respect. The principal of this school always has the meanest look on her face and the worst attitude towards my children. All of my children are on honor roll but I also feel that they are not being challenged enough. These teachers are learning to teach these kids on a day to day basis. They just got out of school too.

I wasn't impressed with the Gary Lighouse School. The first year it was opened, I felt like my daughther was being taught. The second year they changed principals and everything went down hill. The teacher was very young, and sometimes got down on the students level. There didn't seem to be alot of control in the class room, and the students didn't seem to respect the teacher. My daughter received very good grades, but I didn't think she was being challenged.

Since Gary Lighthouse been open I help me a lot for my children. My kids have been on the honor roll and know complants.

this is a great alternative for students in the gary public schools. the teachers are all extremely intelligent and care about their students academic and social progress.

Last modified Gary Lighthouse Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.