Theodore Roosevelt Car & Tech Academy 3

Posted November 07, 2012
As a parent, I understand the direction that the school is going with it's leadership, to get the past condition and leadership of the school back on track. I do not agree with some of the extreme student policies in place. I currently have a child that attends this school and will be attending college within 2 years. I have have experienced, since my son's attendance at this school, that there is not a balance with how students are disciplined. My son has been suspended twice this year for infractions such as being out of dress code and texting in class. My son was actually responding to a text that I sent him regarding transportation and was suspended on the spot for 2 days. Instead of a balance of having a detention system or in-school suspension in place, there is an extreme of out of school suspension. My son is a B average student and now he is missing time from school for minor infractions that will go on his school record. Again, I agree that there should be a discipline system in place but it should fit the crime or infraction. I will be looking more into this matter to fight for a balance of discipline to be in place.

Posted February 08, 2012
THIS SCHOOL IS HORRIBLE AND NEEDS TO BE TORN DOWN THE KIDS WALK OUT THE CLASS WHEN THEY FEEL LIKE IT SMOKE WEED AND COME BACK IN THE TEACHERS ARE THERE FOR A CHECK AND A CHECK ONLY SINCE WHEN IS IT OKAY FOR A TEACHER TO HIT A STUDENT IN THE HEAD WITH A BOOK MY KIDS WENT A DAY AND A HALF AND WAS TRANSFERED RIGHT BACK OUT A SECURITY GUARD PUNCHED MY 15 YEAR OLD SON IN THE CHEST AND NOTHING WAS DONE ABOUT IT ALL BECAUSE MY SON WAS NEW GOT LOST AND WAS ON THE WRONG FLOOR I PRAY FOR ALL THAT ATTEND THAT SCHOOL AND BECAUSE I WAS AN ACTIVE PARENT THEY FELT LIKE IT WAS SOMETHING WRONG WITH ME SO IF YOU LOVE YOUR KIDS AND CAN AVOID SENDING THEM HERE PLEASE DO SO SMH

Posted September 09, 2011
As a CURRENT student at this school, I am ashamed to go here real talk. To be honest, I defend this school in public only when someone is bashing it...but in private, i am truly ashamed to attend here! The only thing that is nice and historic is the architecture which is in poor shape. The students are ghetto as heck and crazy! Many of the teachers are only there to collect a check! We are moving to Crown Point for better schools at the end of the semester. I was mad at my parents at first, but now I am ready. God bless Roosevelt but we have no other choice.

Posted September 07, 2011
My review of this outstanding school, Roosevelt High School is one of with great concern of its future, its time to stop putting down this land mark of a traditional public icon, that has and will continue to develop the future minds of young women and men who will with out any doubt contribute the to community, and nation as a whole with positive results for everyone to be proud of. Thank you for your support and investment in our kids.

Theodore Roosevelt Car & Tech Academy 0

Posted September 18, 2009
I am a roosevelt student and i resent the fact that this school is the worse that parent has ever seen. You shouldn't judge anything that you haven't personally experienced. This is a wonderful school and the teachers are great. Every school has its faults but people need to stay off of roosevelts back and get a life

Posted April 16, 2009

Posted December 10, 2008

Posted April 17, 2008

Posted January 22, 2008

Posted May 10, 2007

Theodore Roosevelt Car & Tech Academy
730 West 25th Avenue, Gary, IN  46407
Last modified Theodore Roosevelt Car & Tech Academy is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Theodore Roosevelt Car & Tech Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top