Gary, IN

Posted March 21, 2014
awesomeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this school its the best school ive ever been to ... the students sre great... the staff is great....and I love it!!!! :)

Posted February 29, 2012
This school is the best school ever. It is so much fun. It's a great school because while the students are learning there also are having so much fun.

Posted December 13, 2009
i am a student at emerson. i've been there from sixth grade to ninth grade. it's a good school. i enjoy the feeling of how safe the environment there. most of the children have a more sense of responsibility than those at other schools. most of the teachers are really good and others are only there to hold a job. our principal is excellent with structure, he keeps us in line. our parent involvement should be increased but everyone has their own personal situations that are involved in their lives. since we are getting sports next year, the extra-curricular activities shall be awesome.

Wm A Wirt/Emerson Vpa 3

Posted October 28, 2009
im a student at emerson and this is my 3rd year here and this school is like other schools exept you have a major and a minor but i like it here. i wouldn't change it if i could.

Posted June 22, 2008
Emerson is a great school as far as the preforming arts. The Academics are wonderful also. Yet, the parents must be involved because it isn't the schools responsiblity to be the parents for your child and show indivual attention to each and every student. You must take care of them at home

Wm A Wirt/Emerson Vpa

Posted August 21, 2007
I currently attend Emerson. There are some teachers that really care about seeing the students suceed in life, while others are only there to collect a paycheck. Personly i believe the students could achieve more if we had a building that is up to part. The walls are falling down, the bathrooms are inadequate, and their is no air conditioning in the buildon those hot summer days.

Posted June 10, 2007
I'm a former student of Emerson VPA. I was there when the school was just 5th through 8th grade. I believe this was the best thing that ever happened to Gary, and I credit my success in life to attending Emerson VPA instead of regular public school. My teachers, not just those for music but all, were genuinely concerned with my success in life.

Posted April 05, 2007
I am a former student of EVPA, graduating from the almighty class of 2006. EVPA is the greatest school in the City. There are some great teachers in the school, and some very poor teachers. The spirit, and the wonderful teachers Emerson has makes up for the poor instructors. Emerson Math and Science Department needs a lot of improvement. Emerson has one of the greatest Social Studies Department. The following people are people who has made a difference at Emerson: Lea Larson, Marion Lynn Boynes, Janet Cowan, Robert Herr, Larry Brewer, Rae Scott, Tillman Buggs, Mr.Grass, Ms. Davis, Gloria King, John Rentel, Francisca Modrowski, Jim Spicer, Carolyn McCrady, and Steve Sutton.

Posted August 24, 2006
The greatest asset in Gary is the student body and next to that are the schools e.g. Emerson. Emerson allows students to establish academic skills and arts in areas not taught in regular curriculums. Students are introduced in various fields at the 6th grade and enhance their skills via a faculty of experienced and focused teachers. The class sizes are small as found in JR colleges. Whereby, Emerson students do not have a difficult time adjusting to university life. Two of my 3 children have graduated from the Emerson Arts. One in the area of Drama and the other in Band. My third child will be graduating from studies in Orchestra. I thank God for the spiritual atmosphere found at Emerson and the discipline shown by the many students. If this site were to have sports they could challenge other schools competitively in any field.

Posted August 10, 2006
I have been a student at emerson for two years now. The 2006-07 school year will be my senior year. Although I am given an opportunity to develop my talents, the academics standards are set way too low. Much is not expected when it comes to the hiring of the staff. Yes, Emerson is a family environment and leaves room for unprofessionalism because of it. But when it comes to every activity that we, the children, are involved in, the parents show great support! I believe that Emerson should be moved to a larger school so that our own sports team can be developed. In light of moving to a larger school, Emerson could except more students.

Wm A Wirt/Emerson Vpa
210 North Grand Boulevard, Gary, IN  46403
Last modified Wm A Wirt/Emerson Vpa is a Public school that serves grades 5-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wm A Wirt/Emerson Vpa Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top