Bad
Good

Longfellow Elementary School 4

Posted March 09, 2006
As a former student at this school I am pleased to see so many positive changes. Particularly, with the overall attitude toward students. The staff and principal are excellent.

Longfellow Elementary School 2

Posted April 17, 2003
Although my child seems to enjoy school as well as his teachers, the faculty and staff responsible for discipline during recess and lunch hours are quite another story. I have had numerous conversations with the principal regarding stolen lunches, children taking food from my son's lunch box without asking, rowdy behavior on the playground, children bending and breaking my son's glasses and a lot of negative physical contact (i.e. pushing, punching and shoving) from other students which none of the 'matrons' seem to be aware of or concerned with. My son has learned a tremendous amount and has excelled far beyond my expectations but the lack of supervision is such a major drawback that I do not recommend Longfellow Elementary School to my friends and family. I have also taken the necessary steps to transfer my son to another school out of the district we live in because I am getting no results from my conversations with the principal. I will have to pay a rather high tuition but I see no other alternative. If the matrons were better equipped and able to handle the discipline of the students, I would love to have my child remain at Longfellow School as I was a student there myself and feel it was the best school in the area at the time.

Longfellow Elementary School
45th/Calhoun Sts, Gary, IN  46408
Last modified Longfellow Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Longfellow Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top