Georgetown, IN
Students enrolled: 1,525

Posted September 28, 2014
I am a student at hhms and I think this school is very good. The staff and faculty is very nice. the facility is in a very good environment. this is An A+ school. The only problem I had this year so far has been the 7th grade orchestra teacher, mrs. Johnson. She yells a lot and at our last concert she was very rude to the students and parents. My mother was very upset that she was one of the role models I am around everyday. All of us students agreed that we liked mr. Elmore better in the music department. But over all the school is still great

Highland Hills Middle School 2

Posted January 25, 2014
My child attended HHMS until we moved away from Indiana. We now live in a different state in a much more academically-minded community, and I see daily all that she was not taught at HHMS. There are some truly awful teachers at this school, and in spite of parental complaints, nothing is done. There is also a great deal of bullying that goes on that is not addressed, and again, parental complaints are ignored. To be fair, we found some terrific teachers at HHMS, and the music department is truly phenomenal. I hear that they are adding the International Baccalaureate diploma at FC, which is a challenging standardized curriculum. Given our experience, I don't see how time spent at HHMS would prepare anyone for this. We moved to Floyd County based on reviews we found on Great Schools, and I hope my review will help others. If you are looking for an OK school that has fantastic Arts but loves its athletics more than anything else in the world, then HHMS will work for your child. If you want an excellent education that will prepare your child for high school and college, you won't find the skills and content here to make that happen.

Highland Hills Middle School 3

Posted March 28, 2013
When I first went to HHMS for fifth grade, I was excited and nervous because it was so big. I had a lot of fun in fifth grade, but sixth grade I didn't have the best time ever. One of the teachers weren't very pleasant and we complained to the principal but they didn't really help that much. I miss my friends there and might go back for seventh grade. The lunches are great, the activities are great, and choir is a lot of fun. I think classes just depend a lot on teachers. (:

Posted September 22, 2012
I am currently an 8th grader. We have a wide variety of sports and clubs for everyone. Some examples for sports are swimmimg, diving(since we have two pools in our school), football, soccer, track, golf, tennis, cheerleading, dazzlers, wrestling, cross country, basketball, and volleyball. For clubs we have chess, science olympiad, spelling, and many more. I also advise if you are going to be a new student going into the 8th grade to contact the school a year earlier in the case that you want to go to the eighth grade Washington D.C. field trip or else you can't go. Bullying is strongly delt with here. Especially if you talk to the principals. Classes can be challenging if you are in the gifted and talented program but they are easy if you apply yourself and study. Apart from the obvious subjects of Math, Science, English, and History you have the object to take Orchestra, Choir, Band, Handbells, Business Tech, Office assistant, Teacher assistant, Library assistant, Media and Core. Also alternating days between Health and PE and once a week for 18 weeks we swim. There are cliques, but you just have to find people who are your true friends and you'll love it here. Hope this helped.

Highland Hills Middle School 2

Posted August 28, 2012
HHMS has some positive and negative points. Positive points: Many of the teachers are amazing and really care about the students. They do offer extracurricular activities ranging from athletics to the arts. Negative : They do not really following their bullying policies that they set forth. Some teacher turn their heads while these types of actives go on. The bullying ranges and verbal threat to physical harm.

Posted October 31, 2010
Highland Hills is a terrific middle school. I volunteer at the school and am consistently impressed with the quality of people I encounter there. The teachers and staff are excellent educators who genuinely care about their students. It's also a beautiful, clean facility. It's truly a great school.

Posted October 30, 2010
I was new to Highland Hills this year, and my last day of summer break I was flipping out, we had drove past the school earlier that week, and it was HUGE. I went through HHMS once I got my schedule and right then I knew where everytthing was! Now I love that school, and hate it when I'm sick because I want to go to school so bad. I also love how they give you time at the end of the day to work on any homework, which is such a great idea. I reccomend Highland Hills big time!!!

Highland Hills Middle School 0

Posted May 06, 2010
Highland Hills Middle School has a real life place for kids to enjoy learning with down-to-earth teachers giving more than 100% of their time and engery to make a difference. They are realistic about challenging each student. The teacher's value system is truly Amercian. It offers the students a way of life that leads to success, wholesome character, and integrity. Shall we say, they offer a moral compass by their very example of caring and sharing. While students obtain superb academic knowledge, they learn how to become a whole person who will be an asset to their community and the world. In all of this, they truly enjoy the journey that leads down the paths of learning. EXCELLENCE, in all things, is a target to always strive toward. What a school!

Posted November 21, 2009
I used to go to a small public school, but my mom wanted me to be in a larger environment. When I came to this school I got scared because it was so big. But after a couple days I already had twice as much friends as I had at my public school.

Posted November 15, 2009
i love this school it is teh best middle school ever and my kids are in sixth grade and they love the school :)

Highland Hills Middle School
3492 Edwardsville Galena Road, Georgetown, IN  47122
Last modified Highland Hills Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highland Hills Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top