Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Develops character: Strongly disagree

There is no transparency within the administration. I believe they are dishonest in their intentions.

The teacher turnover rate has been especially high since the arrival of the recent principal in 2013. Some of the best teachers have resigned because of working conditions and morale. If a teacher disagrees with the administration, that teacher is made so miserable they resign. Athletics is heavily supported but the Performing Arts is not. Forbes recently named Fairfield the 12th best school in the State of Indiana, which is sad because it may look like a wonderful school in reports to the state and DOE but in reality neither the students or teachers are thriving like the administration would want the public to believe. The administration is not looking after the best interest of the students.

My daughter attended New Paris Elementary School (part of the Fairfield district) for 6 years and loved it up until 4th grade. The bullying is horrible and the teachers are rude. When my daughter went to Fairfield for 7th grade it was awful. I wouldn't recommend this school for anyone that wants to go to this school.

I'm a parrent of two attendee's, this school is top notch. Teachers, guidance, and admin really want the kids to succeed and develop into outstanding individuals. I went to a rival school and would have loved to had a chance to be part of this school district. Both my kids have minor learning disabilities, teachers with our help have brought their levels up and focused areas has great improved. I recommend asking anyone involved with this program their story and thoughts. Great school.

After researching Fairfield statistics I found the graguation rate is in the high 90th percentile. What other school in the area can offer that? I purchassed my home in Fairfield district for my children to have the small town advantages. Christian community, everyone knowing everyone, helps a develping child to hold up their responsibilities of who they are and going to be. For the staff, whatever special need my child required, they are always concerned and helpful, and followed up. After school activities has the most support and involvment I have ever seen by a community. Support of the parents is a constant here. Fairfield Community Schools is a great place to raise well rounded, determined, respectful children.

I'm a former parent of a student of Fairfield Jr/Sr High School. I give Fairfield two stars. I believe Fairfield's environment is entirely negative for anyone who is not a part of the Christian community. I believe they've taken student discipline overboard. The sad thing is that I don't think there are very many discipline cases that aren't minor, and other students have to suffer because of it. It's such a shame. The teachers care little about their students, and the principle is a joke. There are very few extracurricular activities, and the sports department is drastically overfunded. Greatschools.org doesn't allow me to be brutally honest, but just know you should avoid this.

I attended Fairfield my entire highschool career and loved it. Of course student interests will vary but I found as a student inclined towards the arts I was over all fairly pleased with what Fairfield had to offer. It is more of a small town school where every body knows everybody which can have its ups and downs. I really enjoyed my experience there though.

Last modified Fairfield Jr-Sr High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.