K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Granger Christian School 5

Posted July 25, 2016
I definitely would have given this school 2 stars before I tried a public school. After trying a public school, I noticed that the atmosphere was so negative and it was pulling me away from the Lord. I went back to GCS mid-year and I hadn't been happier. We had a new principal and new teachers who made it feel like a breathe of fresh air, even though I had already gone there. The school is amazing and it's a positive environment, but it all depends on your attitude towards things like the dress code, or the rules, because if you have a crappy attitude, you might disagree.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted July 25, 2016
The reason that this school has an extra dose of respect is because of the principal. Our school had different principals each year, but this principal is definitely the best I've seen.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted July 25, 2016
I think the school does its best to develop those things in students, but the students are the ones that have to make the choice that they are going to change.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted July 25, 2016
Our principal was our history teacher and he makes sure our school and everyone apart of it is taken care of. Also he establishes Christ in people. He is an awesome Christian man who is the perfect principal. He addresses every problem in a very firm, but calm manner.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 25, 2016
The principal makes sure we don't get stressed over our work load and he is a perfect fit for that school and he makes that school great!

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted July 25, 2016
They are amazing Christian people who love to establish a growth in their spiritual and academic lives.

Granger Christian School 4

Posted May 31, 2015
In response to the previous review, I am a student of GCS and have been since Kindergarden and will continue to go to this school until Graduation. I have been to this school long enough to see many people come and go. Some that have come from public schools that were in my grade were behind academically many years. The teachers here have been great in helping me and other students do there best throughout the years. I'm sad to here that you think that this school made you stray from your beliefs, but please think on it and revise whether it was truly the school that caused you to stray. Everyone is going to go through ugliness and bad experiences in their life, and that doesnt mean that we should duck and hide from God at the first sign of trouble. My parents have been at the verge of divorce for many years now and they call themselves Christian, but I'm not straying from my beliefs. I'm not saying that you have to have your child comet to this school, you are allowed to make your choices. This school, its teachers, and the student body have all continuously encouraged me to grow in my relationship with God. Yes, we are taught not to judge others, but as God gave us the Ten Commandments, no one is perfect and no one can be trusted to follow any of His teachings perfectly. I'm truly sorry that you have strayed from God and hope that you will find his voice again because no matter what He will always love you.

Granger Christian School 1

Posted January 21, 2015
I attended GCS K-8 grade. My sister (7 years older than me) also attended, and was expelled. After her expulsion, I was treated much differently. It was as if the administrators were just waiting for me to make mistakes like my sister did. In addition, it felt like you received special treatment if you AND your family were actively involved in the school and church. Those of us who weren't lucky enough to have parents involved, were left on the back burner. I am now researching schools for my daughter, and I continue to see GCS pop up with wonderful reviews and 5 stars, and it blows my mind. I transferred to Penn High School my freshman year. I was expected to do things at PHM that GCS NEVER taught me academically. I will NEVER send my child there, though I wonder if they would even accept her, since she is a part of my family. Sadly my experience with this school is what made me stray from my christian beliefs. As Christians, we are taught NOT to judge and the administrators and teachers at this school cannot be trusted to follow such teachings.

Granger Christian School 5

Posted April 29, 2012
My child has attend Granger Christian school for 7 years and will continue through high school. Granger Christian fits our religious beliefs and is very strong in its biblical tradition; there is chapel and prayer, and bible class. The academics are outstanding, and the teachers are very caring and excellent. My child plays sports and the coaches are wonderful and the athletic programs are wonderful; my child may not have had the opportunities to play at a much larger school. My husband and I are very pleased with Granger Christian School.

Granger Christian School 4

Posted April 28, 2012
I have two children at GCS. They each have attended since kindergarten. I like the atmosphere of the school, and I am pleased with the overall acdemic program. Overall, the teachers are very good to excellent. I like that when contact the school support staff about an issue, it is always addressed. The sports program is not very big; there are pros and cons to that, but I do like that my children have been able to play sports. If they had been at a public school or a much larger school, then they probably would not have had the same opportunity. In addition to a good academic program, the school is providing a good faith-based environment. My oldest has been attending GCS for nine years, and I am happy with the decision we made.

52025 Gumwood Road, Granger, IN  46530
Last modified Granger Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.