Bad
Good

As a community volunteer and a substitute teacher, I have made many observations such as: The entire staff treats all students and fellow staff members with respect, care, and compassion. The leadership is the very best you will find. The leadership and the staff have a vision for Rural Community Academy; and they work tirelessly toward that vision. Last summer after school was out I asked about six students, 'Are you glad school is out for the summer?' Of those six students, five students said, 'No'. To me that speaks volumes about the school and the entire staff.

Our philosophy of education is teamwork for the adults and student growth coupled with a sense of self for the child. With dedicated staff who truly cares and understands what we are trying to accomplish, with a community who knows where we have been, and with parents who want their children to be the best that they can be, we work together to educate kids using a place-based curriculum to teach the Indiana State Standards. Our philosophy includes student growth in smaller learning environments with individualized, differentiated learning groups. When parent and community volunteers come together with our staff, something good happens. Anyone who cares about this school knows that the most gratifying aspect is the kids. To see these kids grow physically and emotionally, to see them accomplish learning, and to eventually see them become our peers, our neighbors, our co-workers, and our friends is what RCA is all about.

I have been with RCA in various positions since its inception and through the transition to reality. The school has grown into an example for other charter schools to follow. Students work at their own level, the community is involved in curriculum presentation as well as extra curricular activities. Community members, staff and administration truly care about the welfare of the students. I would recommend to any parent that their student attend Rural Community Academy, a tuition free public Charter school in Graysville, Indiana where students learn from a placed based curriculum structure to meet their needs.

Great School! I love the fact that I can think outside the box to teach students new concepts. The children learn better in an environment where the staff can present the material in a manner that is fun and the kids still learn. Also, a school where all the staff work together and get along is a benefit.

I have had two children at RCA, both with very different learning styles. The teachers at RCA do a great job adapting to the needs of the students facilitate learning. I have found that the classroom activities are effective as the teachers use auditory, visual and tactile means of teaching a subject. The use of place-based education has given my children a sence of relevancy for thier education and a greater respect for people throughout the community. I can't express graditude I have for all of the volunteers. As a teacher within a separate school corporation, I have never witness such an eagerness for community involvement. Countless hours are donated by the community each year.

I have sent my children to this school since it first opened its doors four years ago. As the doors opened, a tidal wave of quality eduation, compassion, and patience ebbed onto anyone that chose to walk through them. Is it 100% perfect? Is anyone else perfect? The last time I checked, 98% is still an A. What's 20 hrs. a year of volunteer time when they are in school for 185 days a year and 7 hrs. a day. Our teacher's work very hard to make sure our children succeed. I think 20 hrs. is just a drop in the bucket.

RCA is a school completely dedicated to the students. Together, the parents, teachers, and community members work to give students a great education and wonderful experiences. With place-based education as its backbone, RCA gives back to its community by teaching students to be successful and respectful citizens by being proud of their 'place'.

This school is great! I have seen the staff truly make an effort to identify each child's learning style. They try to teach in a way that allows each child to flourish.

Rural Community Academy is a wonderful school. I really like the opportunity to use a wide variety of teaching tools to teach my students. RCA provides experiences that students may not get at home, hands-on activities, community resources, parent and community involvement, and much more. We have an open door policy and anyone can come in to observe or help with activities at any time. Learning new things from our community members is a great experience for both teachers and students. My child is a student at RCA and is very excited about his school. He loves learning new things and really likes his teacher, classmates, and school. RCA is a school where students can feel comfortable and safe. Students are challenged at their own levels and have many opportunites to use their strengths and creativity. I am a very proud teacher and parent of RCA.

This school has excellent academic standards. The staff truly cares about the future of their students. They are always thinking outside the box and take the time to care.

Last modified Rural Community Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.