Posted August 05, 2012
I have had 2 kids go through JBS and we loved it! The teachers are awesome and the school runs extremely well.

Posted August 16, 2011
Both my boys went through JB and we couldn't be happier. In fact our oldest was a top ten student in 7th grade so actually dispite what others would have you believe JB is a great school. The teachers care some times to much and the principle works her tail off to ensure all children are treadted equally. I'm sorry your smart kids are failing. Instead of complaining about what the teachers aren't doing bring your kids to the open houses etc. Allow them the opprutunities to take advantage of what their school offers instead of attempting to place blame. The school isn't to blame when a child is held back often times its for the childs own good. Believe me I've seen alot of the smart kids get passed and it never benefits the child as much as another year to master whatever their insufficancies are. Keep up the great work staff. The parents that knows it takes a village are behind you. The ones that expect you to smartin up their kids are never going to be much help or kind or even understanding when things go out of their control.

J B Stephens Elementary School 4

Posted August 04, 2010
We have 3 children who will be attending JB Stephens this year- a kindergartener, 1st grader, and 2nd grader. I am thrilled that the youngest two will be with the tried and true teachers that my oldest had in previous years. JB has programs in place for advanced students, so they are not forced to stall their learning. At the same time, when a student needs special tutoring to learn a new skill, JB goes out of its way to involve the parents. I have been on both ends of this spectrum, and have always been happy with my children's progress. If you believe, as I do, that being a teacher is not the same thing as being a tutor (or babysitter), and that you bear some responsibility in the success of your child, then JB Stephens will serve you well.

Posted April 07, 2010
I am very happy with J.B.S. and I think they are doing a great job!!!

J B Stephens Elementary School 0

Posted May 27, 2009
I have 3 kids that go to JB Stephens and i hate the way the teacher and principal act. They say they will do something but don't!! my kids are all smart and they failed this year!! makes no sence to me. They the staff need to do their job. So if you have a choice in where to send your kids do not pick J B Stephens.

J B Stephens Elementary School 2

Posted April 07, 2008
The shool building is new that is the nicest I can say. My son is in second grade and my daughter is in kindergarten, they attend JB Stephns. Both of my children are smart kids, my son has always tested well above his level, but at JB they are not being encouraged enough to go beyond then the expected norm. My daughter has not learned how to completely learn how to read and she has trouble ryhming. They blame it all on me and say I need to do this and that. I blame the school for not implmenting a better program to get her reading. She goes to school from 7:25 till 10:05 and during that time she will play more than work on her fundamentals. The teacher states she has 20+ students and does not have time to give any individual attention.

Posted March 07, 2007
- a staff

J B Stephens Elementary School 2

Posted November 09, 2006

J B Stephens Elementary School 4

Posted January 04, 2006
My daughter transferred from Warren Township in Indianapolis to JB Stephens mid-year. I am amazed at how much she has learned in the half-day JBS class, compared to the all-day program in which she participated in Warren. Can't say enough about JB Stephens! Highly recommend this school to any parents of elementary-aged children.

J B Stephens Elementary School 3

Posted August 28, 2005
J. B. Stephens has been opened for 4 years now and continues to bust at the seams with new students every year. Yes, it is a beautiful school with the latest technology. However, the teacher/student ratio and lack of assistants is very poor. My son had 28 kids in his class by the end of last year. MANY of the teachers there are highly qualified....a few are not. We ended up moving so that my son could attend a school with fewer students. He complained a lot about not knowing the kids from other classes because there were so many. Like I said, a very beautiful school, but when you cram almost 800 kids in there someone is bound to get left behind. Smaller schools are better for many reasons. Level of parent involvement...POOR! Extracurricular activities...POOR!

J B Stephens Elementary School
1331 North Blue Road, Greenfield, IN  46140
Last modified J B Stephens Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3
J B Stephens Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews.