Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted November 15, 2015
To start off with my not saying the teachers are bad or anything thing to do with the academic part is bad it's the fact that, the so called "counselors" specifically Mrs. Kile, doesn't care about their students. My 8th grade year I told my counselor that I was going to do academic honors. She completely forgot I was going honors and now as a senior I had to drop to core 40 because I don't have the required classes that I should have taken in previous years. On top of that my senior wrestling season has basically ended. I was told I was ineligible until January and our sesason is done in February. The reason I'm ineligible is because my "counselor", Mrs. Kile, didn't know that you need 6 current classes in order to participate in a sport. I'm currently in 5. I'm getting punished because I tried hard through school to make my senior year easier on me but instead it turns out to be the worst year I've ever had at Greenfield Central. So if you are reading this I urge you to go to a different school because the administration does not care about their students and they only care about the high test scores so they look better on paper.

Greenfield-Central High School 1

Posted April 13, 2015
I hate this school. No one cares about the students and their futures. And when someone does apparently that's the one they fire. They fire them because it makes everyone else look bad. So done.

Posted February 13, 2015
GCHS is a terrific school! I put three kids through there and nothing but positive experiences. I have watched my peers struggle with the private school decision for high school, especially with their kids coming out of private elementary schools, but we had no such concern with GCHS. First class teachers, great administration that is smart and caring, and an excellent education. Small town values with big city resources!

Posted January 10, 2015
My three kids graduated from 2006-2012. They received an excellent education and have graduated and excelled at Purdue and Ball State. GCHS helped them build a terrific foundation, with a small-town feel, ethics and sensibility, but with a first-class academic resume. I have watch their friends graduate from Pharmacy Schools, enter Medical Schools, and all-around exceed as young adults. If you want to see what this school is made of, simply attend a parent-teacher night and watch the wonderful interaction of parents, kids and faculty in the halls. I love this school!

Greenfield-Central High School 1

Posted October 22, 2013
This school system is CLUELESS of what is going on when it comes to teaching, students being bullied and the massive drug use that takes place right in front of their face daily! The staff concentrate more on someone wearing a pair of jeans with a hole in the knee rather than helping any struggles that a student is facing. It is all about who knows who and who likes who that will determine the kind of experience students have. After having two children go thru Greenfield, I am disgusted with the people that make up this school system and the downright backward ways in which they operate.

Posted December 14, 2010
We have two daughters within the greenfield school system and I must say I am very disappointed! The academics are on average but if you challenge the teachers about what they are teaching and/or how, you will get the cold shoulder. The real problem I have with the Greenfield School System is the blatant favoritism that infects the school system. The administration openly allows some students to do as they please with little to no consequences. Unfortunately, the children that are not on the "list" have a really hard time with the school environment. One of my daughters who is more outgoing had an easier time with teachers and the administration. My other daughter with ADD and a learning disability had a very hard time. We are looking into switching schools or moving away. Its very unfortunate because I know there are good students and teachers!!

Greenfield-Central High School 4

Posted May 26, 2007
I think our school is a good school for kids to go to but i juss think we should do more activities and maibe have more clubs so that students could spend time and maibe get help. I also think we should have more rally's because that motivates you and also makes school fun. I think the Caffeteria food is good but i think they should also give healthy snacks to go with our food.

Posted July 19, 2006
The four years that I went to GCHS were probably the best four years of my life. I thought that the principals and staff were awsome. As long as you followed the rules and the attendance policy you will have no problems. The teachers are great and very professional at what they do and I feel that the teachers at GCHS do want nothing but the best for all of their students. Just for all you people out there that are making rude comments about the attendence policy think of it like this. They are getting your child ready for the real world. Do you think that an employer is going to put up with bad attendence? I tell you what I haven't found one yet that will. I feel that it is very important to prepare kids for the real world and GCHS does a fine job of doing that.

Posted September 06, 2005
This comes 2005 graduate. I feel that Greenfield is a fine school. The people that complain about the attendance policy have not read the handbook in which the guidelines are clearly laid out. Some teachers are not always the greatest, but no one is all the time. The parents can be as involved as they wish, or if they choose not to,that is their freedom. The academic programs are of high quality and improving all the time. My only quarrel with the school is the lack of space. Our community is growing so fast that this year the freshman class out-numbersmy graduating class by 100 students. This is really out of our control. The atmosphere is generally friendly, but you can never control all students in a group as large as this. I'm disappointed when people say that they don't like the way things are done. They can change this!

Posted May 27, 2004
Do not send your student to this school. They preach respect but do not practice it. They openly choose favorites and grant special priviledges and better grades. They do not teach tolerance as they openly let racist and homophobic comments to be stated by students without any recourse. They do have a strict attendance policy which follows most of the other schools in the nation. However, they do not try to determine if a child has an ailment that is reoccuring. The bus transportation is inadequate from elem. to high school which is why way too many parents take their kids to school. If you are within a certain distance, and it is a walk, your kid, regardless of age, has to walk. Teachers teach from their own lessons even though parents still have to pay a high book rental for out of date books. Poor school!

Greenfield-Central High School
810 North Broadway Street, Greenfield, IN  46140
Last modified Greenfield-Central High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.