Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

If you are looking for a school system that genuinely has the best interest of your child in mind, you may want to look elsewhere. There is little consideration of parental feedback when it comes to the path of your child's education. I tried multiple times to weigh in on possible areas that may be a better option for my child with no effect. The math program seems sub par, with many graduates taking remedial math courses upon entering college. My children will not be graduating from this school, as I want to try to give them the best background they can possibly have for college and life beyond and North Decatur is most definitely not going to do that.

My daughter went to North Decatur for kindergarten and 1st grade and then we moved out of state. A year later and my one big regret is leaving this school. We absolutely loved the school. The teachers and staff were so friendly and genuinely cared about their students. You could tell they enjoyed their jobs and it made for a great learning environment.

I'm really impressed with the kindergarten teacher.my son was not doing very well and they broke things down and helped him to get where he needs to be without feeling left out.i was worried about my son goin to north because I wasn't from this area but I'm really glad he's at north know they have relieved all my worries thanks to all the staff at north

As a grandparent who has two grandchildren in N.D.E.S., I am extrememly happy with the way the school does things now, opposed to the way they did things when my children attended. From the principal to the cooks and janitors, they all have the best interest for the children in mind. Their principal should be given an award for his determination to keep the children safe and protected. The teachers report immediately to the parent if their child needs help with a class, or needs disipline. When my children were in school the teachers didn't care what happened and never had any contact with the parents. A lot of problems could have been avoided with just a phone call or a note to the parent. I know that first hand! I am glad my Grandchildren are attending a school where the teachers are there because they love to teach; not just to pick up a paycheck.

TO THE FIRST COMMENT...IF YOU THINK NORTH DECATUR IS BAD..TRY BATESVILLE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL..THEY ARE HORRIBLE AS WELL AS THE TEACHERS..!!!!!!! THERE IS A 1ST GRADE TEACHER THERE THAT IS MEAN AND RUDE TO STUDENTS..ANYTHING GOES IN HER CLASS..IT'S REALLY SAD!!!

I have three children that have atteded north ele. my oldest being in college and my other two are still attending north high as well as the elementatry itself. I as a mother am not very happy with the ethhics of teaching of some teachers. times have changed old school ways of techering is out or should be. Teaching is suppose to be a fun experience for teacher as well as student make it fun interesting exciting to learn not a chore or just because i say so. This is a school were certain teachers have been teaching for years and i believe they should move on to different things such as retirement. I as a parent want fresh up todate learning experiences for my children. besides have you ever herd of a school that wont let the kids play ball at recess look at north's 2 nd grade classes

Last modified North Decatur Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.