North Decatur Elementary School 5

Posted April 02, 2014
I'm really impressed with the kindergarten teacher.my son was not doing very well and they broke things down and helped him to get where he needs to be without feeling left out.i was worried about my son goin to north because I wasn't from this area but I'm really glad he's at north know they have relieved all my worries thanks to all the staff at north

North Decatur Elementary School 4

Posted September 11, 2013
As a grandparent who has two grandchildren in N.D.E.S., I am extrememly happy with the way the school does things now, opposed to the way they did things when my children attended. From the principal to the cooks and janitors, they all have the best interest for the children in mind. Their principal should be given an award for his determination to keep the children safe and protected. The teachers report immediately to the parent if their child needs help with a class, or needs disipline. When my children were in school the teachers didn't care what happened and never had any contact with the parents. A lot of problems could have been avoided with just a phone call or a note to the parent. I know that first hand! I am glad my Grandchildren are attending a school where the teachers are there because they love to teach; not just to pick up a paycheck.

North Decatur Elementary School 1

Posted December 12, 2011
TO THE FIRST COMMENT...IF YOU THINK NORTH DECATUR IS BAD..TRY BATESVILLE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL..THEY ARE HORRIBLE AS WELL AS THE TEACHERS..!!!!!!! THERE IS A 1ST GRADE TEACHER THERE THAT IS MEAN AND RUDE TO STUDENTS..ANYTHING GOES IN HER CLASS..IT'S REALLY SAD!!!

North Decatur Elementary School 2

Posted May 01, 2007
I have three children that have atteded north ele. my oldest being in college and my other two are still attending north high as well as the elementatry itself. I as a mother am not very happy with the ethhics of teaching of some teachers. times have changed old school ways of techering is out or should be. Teaching is suppose to be a fun experience for teacher as well as student make it fun interesting exciting to learn not a chore or just because i say so. This is a school were certain teachers have been teaching for years and i believe they should move on to different things such as retirement. I as a parent want fresh up todate learning experiences for my children. besides have you ever herd of a school that wont let the kids play ball at recess look at north's 2 nd grade classes

North Decatur Elementary School 5

Posted July 24, 2006
North Decatur is an excellent school, they encourage parents to be involved in everything that involves the students. When there are field trips they ask for volunteers and choose different parents each time so the same students parents' aren't always attending. They have an excellent PTO organization that focuses on students and their needs, the PTO pays the majority of the cost for the field trips so that no child is left behind on activities outside the school. I find it refreshing to have a school that doesn't promote segregation of students based on parental income, all children are treated equally regardless of the parents' income. There are a wide variety of extracurricular activities for the students. They promote all activities; each week they even recognize outstanding art students in their newsletter. Through the newsletter, parents are kept well informed of the schools' upcoming activities.

North Decatur Elementary School
3300 Indiana 3, Greensburg, IN  47240
Last modified North Decatur Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Decatur Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews.