Bad
Good

Posted June 18, 2016
Amazing teachers and administrators!!! It's like home! We feel so welcome and can always ask the teachers for anything!

Posted May 29, 2014
To the parent that is discouraged by the superintendent please come in and see me. I love Easten and I love our students. I am sorry if I offended you in so e way.

Posted May 27, 2014
We moved to this tiny town BECAUSE of Eastern. We have been so happy knowing that Mr. Mauer and the fantastic teaching staff are taking care of our kids during the day. Good job Eastern Elementary! At the same time we have been discouraged with the superintendent. We absolutely have no faith that he has our children's best interests in mind, they are only dollar signs to him. But, we will not let that cast a shadow on the beauty of this town and our lovely elementary school.

Posted October 06, 2013
I would have to disagree with the last two entries. As a parent of a middle school and an elementary student, I find the quality of teaching excellent. The teachers build relationships with the students and provide them with relevant projects on the iPads. It is my understanding that the school does market itself to attract students. But, the reputation of the school and the quality of the instruction are what sell the school. I live in Greentown and speak with many families who want to go to school here. No one chooses Eastern because they have iPads-you can go about anywhere for that. I could go elsewhere, too. But I choose Eastern every year because it is a great school system that cares about my kids. I would encourage anyone to call the principal, Mr. Maurer, and ask for a tour or info about the school. He is very welcoming and loves the kids.

Eastern Elementary School 2

Posted March 10, 2013
I totally agree with the review that was posted on Oct.18,2012. I went to this school myself as did my husband and older son and in the last few years under our new superintendent our values have gotten totally off track.It is know longer about our children.It seems being the first to do something (iPads for instance) out sourcing our cafeterias and a whole list of other things that are not in the best interest of the children,but that does not seem to matter to him or the corp. as long as they are saving money and making a name for themselves. So sad this has been allowed to happen.

Eastern Elementary School 2

Posted October 18, 2012
Many of the teachers that built Eastern's reputation are retiring. There seems to be constant conflict between the teachers and administration. Eastern has become very image conscious and seems to be selling itself as a product to lure new students rather than tending to current issues. iPads are an insufficient replacement for quality educators. I hope some of this will be addressed to cultivate a future as bright as Eastern's past.

Eastern Elementary School

Posted May 12, 2010
Eastern Elementary is a 4-star school and they care about their students!

Posted April 24, 2010
The teachers are like a family and look out for each and every kid like they are theirs. We never have to worry about our children when they are at school. The teachers are professional and work with students to keep them at the highest level of learning available in Indiana.

Posted March 16, 2010
An excellent and progressive school with old-time values. Love that my children are able to attend this school. The staff are great to work with, the principals do a super job and are kid centered, the secretarial staff - aides - lunch workers - custodians all seem to care and create a wonderful environment for the kids. All the attention to details show - the kids are happy, the testing performance is at the top, and the school seems to keep getting better despite the economic downturn. This may be the closest thing to a private school that a public school can get.

Posted December 18, 2009
Eastern has been a wonderful school for not only my children but for me also when I went to school there. The new principal is wonderful and you can tell he truly enjoys being with the kids and the kids love him. The Eastern staff has been very good with my children and they enjoy school very much and are able to take advantage of the advanced courses offered. I am not overly fond of all the testing that takes place but I understand why it has to happen. The only thing the kids complain about is that the lunches aren't that great. If you are looking for a school in the area I strongly advise you take a look at Eastern.

Eastern Elementary School
308 South Harrison Street, Greentown, IN  46936
Last modified Eastern Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.