Greenwood, IN
Before care: Yes

Posted July 31, 2014
Not sure where the previous parents saw such things, but the experience for my two children was tremendous. We moved to Greenwood area when my oldest was a 6th grader. Academically it was more challenging then where we were before and spiritually it has been great journey. Middle school is a tough age, and I think the faculty overall does a nice job. One bad apple can't be allowed to spoil the bunch.

Posted November 05, 2013
For my middle school child, the school is not worth the money. I wish I had another option as this point. The new Middle School math teacher is one of the most immature and unprofessional teachers I have dealt with. The children need to prepare for their end of course assessment. They will be ill-prepared because of her. I hope the principal, administration, school board realize this asap. The fate of too many children's futures are at stake.

Posted September 16, 2013
I have 2 children that attended OLG, things were good until Middle School. The principal allowed the teachers to walk all over him and allowed children, especially from certain families to get away with things that were unacceptable. The religious program may have taught religion but certainly did not display Christian attitudes and the religious leaders of the church did not display good behaviour for the children to look up to. The past middle shcool teachers (I think many in the middle school have retired now) were the worst bullies to the children, many times right in front of administration and nothing was done except comments made by the administration that the teacher's behavior was not exceptable. My children have lost much of their Catholic faith due to the actions of the teachers and the examples they saw from the religious leaders of the church and the way the church treated those in need yet spent money not approved by finance commities for housing for the leaders of the church.

Posted August 27, 2013
The education is excellent. Teachers are really good. Administration is not good. Principal doesn't know how to handle bullying issues. The principal and school admin bully some parents. My child goes there for the education but don't expect a great principal or admin. Never thank parents for volunteering. Need a policy for bullying. Principal is nice but lacks skills of being a principal.

Posted October 01, 2011
Great environment with excellent teachers. In a time when foreign language, art and music are being phased out due to budget cuts, OLG has been able to provide their students a balanced and challenging curriculum with the above mentioned specials. It is not a coincidence that it was named a Blue Ribbon school in 2010.

Posted January 09, 2011
OLG is an amazing school. I have two children at the school. One in Kindergarten and my oldest in 4th grade. Both are autistic and the schools special needs teacher and staff go above and beyond making sure all the boys needs are met daily. The school staff and families are truly a family. They are always there in good times and bad times to assure your child is getting the best education. I highly recommend this school!

Posted May 27, 2009
I have 2 children who are in the elementary grades and although they LOVE OLG I have concerns as costs continue to rise and programs and faculty are being cut. There is no foreign language until the upper grades and classroom sizes grow to allow for 30 per class @ the 3rd grade and up.

Our Lady Of Greenwood School 1

Posted May 06, 2009

Our Lady Of Greenwood School 0

Posted May 06, 2009
OLG has been awesome! I've gone there since I was 3 in Pre-k, and now that I'm in 7th grade I am so glad my parents sent me here. OLG was such a support when my family went through hard times, and I'm so glad they were there for me because it made it so much easier. The teachers are great and it has been great! If you're looking for a school, OLG is the place for you!

Posted April 06, 2009
Both of my children have attended OLG for the past two years. Not only have the teachers always worked exceptionally hard to help my childrens' minds grow, they make us feel as if we are apart of their family too.

Our Lady Of Greenwood School
399 South Meridian Street, Greenwood, IN  46143
Last modified Our Lady Of Greenwood School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Our Lady Of Greenwood School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top