PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers couldn't be any better! They are the best to the limits and I'm glad to attend here!

I am a seventh grader at this school and my review is extremely wonderful. All the teachers care and want to make sure you get something in the subject. Mr. Clady, the school principal knows all the kids by name and at least 430 kids go here. I've been to OLG for 10 years now, and I don't regret it!

Amount of homework: Agree

They give out enough homework that will help you understand a subject. I'm learning everyday!

Under different leadership this school could be great. Until the current principal is fired and most of the staff replacedthis school will be significantly below its potential. From low math scores, avoidance of addressing bullying in a real way, lack of leadership, lazy teachers, to poor communication. The faith education is not worth the cost. Look at other southside catholic schools. You will get more there.

My son attended OLG for most of the 1st grade. He was bullied continually throughout the year. We tried to deal with the matter through his teacher, principal, and even the pastor. No one seemed to care. My son did not feel safe in this school, so we decided to switch schools. Not one person from the school, or parish inquired as to why my son stopped attending so abruptly. Such a sad commentary on the "Christian teachings" of this institution. There are many great schools in the Greenwood area, this is not one of them!

Not sure where the previous parents saw such things, but the experience for my two children was tremendous. We moved to Greenwood area when my oldest was a 6th grader. Academically it was more challenging then where we were before and spiritually it has been great journey. Middle school is a tough age, and I think the faculty overall does a nice job. One bad apple can't be allowed to spoil the bunch.

For my middle school child, the school is not worth the money. I wish I had another option as this point. The new Middle School math teacher is one of the most immature and unprofessional teachers I have dealt with. The children need to prepare for their end of course assessment. They will be ill-prepared because of her. I hope the principal, administration, school board realize this asap. The fate of too many children's futures are at stake.

I have 2 children that attended OLG, things were good until Middle School. The principal allowed the teachers to walk all over him and allowed children, especially from certain families to get away with things that were unacceptable. The religious program may have taught religion but certainly did not display Christian attitudes and the religious leaders of the church did not display good behaviour for the children to look up to. The past middle shcool teachers (I think many in the middle school have retired now) were the worst bullies to the children, many times right in front of administration and nothing was done except comments made by the administration that the teacher's behavior was not exceptable. My children have lost much of their Catholic faith due to the actions of the teachers and the examples they saw from the religious leaders of the church and the way the church treated those in need yet spent money not approved by finance commities for housing for the leaders of the church.

The education is excellent. Teachers are really good. Administration is not good. Principal doesn't know how to handle bullying issues. The principal and school admin bully some parents. My child goes there for the education but don't expect a great principal or admin. Never thank parents for volunteering. Need a policy for bullying. Principal is nice but lacks skills of being a principal.

I was a student at OLG from 2nd-8th grade. Because of the incredible teachers, I am now attending Ball State as a special education and elementary education major. When I went on to high school I felt extremely well prepared for the increased course work. If it weren't for OLG I would not be where I am today. I still have younger siblings at the school and they love it just as much as I did years ago! The teachers are wonderful and there is a wonderful sense of community support. - former student

Last modified Our Lady Of Greenwood School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8