Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

This school is okay but not great. There are some wonderful teachers and some not so wonderful teachers. There is a lot of turnover here and the school hires a lot of young teachers just out of school. While that's okay to an extent, it's important to have experienced teachers as well. Experienced teachers are the exception rather than the norm here. Also, there aren't very many school activities, especially ones that involve the student's family. That is important because the parents feel more involved and connected to the school when they can come and interact with the staff and facility. The front office staff at North Grove is okay--definitely not overly friendly and welcoming, though. My biggest complaint is the principal. The assistant principal is wonderful and seems to really enjoy being around the kids. The principal is just the opposite. In the four years we were at the school (we moved away from here less than a year ago), the principal never spoke to me once. He wouldn't even smile or say hello when he saw me in the hallway at the school. There is a clique at this school and not much diversity. The principal spoke to members of the clique only, from what I observed. I doubt he even knew who my children were and I never once saw him interact with the children like the assistant principal does. He seems to not want to be there or to be biding his time until he can move on. I think his leadership is the reason there is so much turnover at this school. I know, having experienced another elementary school now, that principals don't have to be this way. It is normal for principals to speak to families and know the students. There isn't nearly as much turnover at this new-to-us school and there is a good proportion of experienced teachers there. If I were to recommend a school system, I'd choose Greenwood over Center Grove. If I were to recommend a Center Grove elementary, I would choose another over North Grove.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

There is a lot of turnover and the principal is not very engaged.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Some teachers are wonderful here and some are not.

I am so proud to have North Grove as my neighborhood school. My 3 children attended North Grove 10-15 years ago. I feel that they received such a well grounded introductory education that has served as the foundation for their life long educational success. My neighbors continue to rave about the outstanding program the school offers.

This school is wonderful. The staff are very supportive and really work hard to make the kids feel special and support their academic success.

Very happy with North Grove. The Principal is excellent and full of enthusiasm. Most of the teachers are great although some put in less effort thatn others. Parent involvment could be better. So many seem happy to just drop the kids at the door and forget about it until the end of the day. Involved parents make for a much better experience for all. Not enough are taking enough of an interest in the school. Having said that the ones that do have done a wonderful job at enriching the studetns lives and give up countless hours for the greater good. The school is building towards an outstanding environment.

My daughter is in the 1st grade at this school and I couldn't be more pleased w/ the way they treat her and handle any situation that arises.

I attended NGES almost 20 years ago. Now my son is in third grade there. I never have to spend my day worrying about his safety or well being.

I am dissapointed in the lack of enrichment given for students that are exceptional. What [our son] had learned in kinder, he is basically doing now in 1st grade. Also, the class size is very large (26 in his class). My husband and I are exploring educational alternatives for our son for next year. All-in-all, I am far less than impressed with the school

Last modified North Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.