Posted February 27, 2010

Posted March 31, 2009

Posted March 19, 2009
this school is one of the best my children have attended.they understand what area your child needs help in and applies help to them instead of pushing it to aside and not giveing any help at all. thanks again SGES staff.

Sugar Grove Elementary School 4

Posted April 23, 2008
I have been very pleased with this school. One of my children has a learning disorder and her needs have been met by very responsive teachers and support personnell. Excellent art and music programs!

Posted August 17, 2007
I think Sugar Grove is a great elementary. Lots of volunteer possobilities if you seek them.

Posted January 11, 2006
I love Sugar Grove ! My children are happy here. It's a place where you want to be a kid again.

Sugar Grove Elementary School 4

Posted November 10, 2005
I agree with other parent. I do not get 'warm fuzzy feeling' while walking the halls of Sugar Grove. I volunteer often and cringe as I walk up to sign in at front desk, knowing I have to deal with office staff. Dreadful dealing with the nurse's office as well. No need to be snotty when you call to tell me my child doesn't feel well. Luckily, we have been fortunate to have great teachers.

Posted September 29, 2005
I would like to take a moment and address the comments/opinions stated in the posting form Not Impressed Mom . *If a child is gifted (and please realize all parents think their child is gifted), there is an Extended Learning program especially designed to meet the needs of these children at one of the elementary. *Johnson County has one of the finest Special Services partnerships with all of the schools in Johnson County. All of the teachers I have ever been fortunate enough to know, speak to or have for my child- are true child advocates. They dedicated to giving EVERY student the same opportunity to become all that they can, based on their individual talents, interest and skills. * I find it interesting how the media is ready to write horrible comments about scoreboards, and board meetings Yet when the fine children of our school district raise over $60,000 for Katrina relief (many from their own penny banks) we cannot get anyone to listen. There are so many times parent and staff call the local newspapers about the students doing well in a spelling bee or other academic endeavors, unfortunately we never hear back from the reporters. Don t let one bad experience ruin your outlook You are a part of a big world and you need to learn to work with all types of people.

Posted May 16, 2005

Sugar Grove Elementary School 3

Posted May 09, 2005
The majority of teachers at Sugar Grove seem to really care about educating the children. But, the staff does not know how to handle students who are working below grade level. They don't know how to help them. The entire administration system has their heads in the clouds and cannot see that there are improvements needed in the area of academics. PTO is pretty strong, but it tends to be the same people doing all the work and they are loosing steam. Being new to the system, you do not get a warm fuzzy feeling when you are in the building and are often treated as an outsider. I would rate Sugar Grove a 7 out of 10.

Sugar Grove Elementary School
4135 West Smith Valley Road, Greenwood, IN  46142
Last modified Sugar Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sugar Grove Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.