No rating

Greenwood Christian School

Private | PK-5

Living in Greenwood

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $110,400. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $800.

Sweep tile

Posted January 15, 2009

Love this school !! small classes and great attention to students!

Posted May 19, 2008

Love this school! I am very happy with my daughters teachers and the fact she is learning about Jesus everyday.

Posted July 16, 2007

Academically, I think the school is at an average level. The teachers, like any school, vary in their ability. My first child had a good teacher his first year, one who yelled a lot the second year; my other child had a good teacher one year and then a below average teacher the next. I found the current principal to have less credentials than I'd expect and she was difficult to deal with when concerns arose on several occassions. I think she's alright - this was just my experience. Overall, I'd send my children to this school again. I wanted a Christian worldview infused with their academics and I needed to have them both at the same school. If I had had another option, I would've tried somewhere else, though.

Posted May 28, 2007

My son went to preschool at this school and had a wonderful experience. I did not feel any competition to be involved. It was all very laid back. There is a sign-up sheet on the wall and you just sign it and show up to help. I helped at each event they had in the classroom. I liked the teachers and and the administrators also. Parent feedback was great. If there was a question I had about something, I felt free to just ask. The only think I did not feel was quite as great as it could have been was the academic part. It was only preschool though. I'm sure the higher grades are better in that area.

Posted February 7, 2007

My child attended Greenwood Christian School from first through fifth grades. When he went to middle school, he was able to go into advanced, honor courses. I think that over the years, the school has strived to improve in all areas. The teachers truly care about the children. I would recommend Greenwood Christian School to anyone wanting an advanced curriculum in a caring, Christian environment.

Posted March 27, 2006

My daughter is in kindergarten this year and has learned how to read and spell words that her friends who attend other schools have not learned. She has a homework sheet every week and has homework 4 of the 5 nights which lets me know what she is learning and where she needs help. Her teacher this year has had an open door policy and the first grade teacher seem to be the same way. Every class is tested each year to see where your child stands with his or her education.

Posted October 24, 2005

I do like Greenwood Christian School, my daughter attends the pre school. I don't like that you have to fight to get involved. They try to include parents but they do not follow through with contacting parents for help. I have signed up for 3 activities, but was not once called on when I was suppose to help. My daughter also needs occupational therapy, and they do not follow through with getting her help. I have had to call and contact Rise and Johnson County Special Services myself. This sould be a school resposiblilty. I am not bashing the school, I just think that it needs prayer and better leadership. They are Christ centered and I like that my daughter picks that up from them. She is on fire about what she has learned. I will continue to take my daughter to pre school, but looking for another christian Kindergarten.

Posted July 23, 2005

Academically, the school offers Spanish, Chapel, PE, Music, and Art in addition to the typical courses of study. I feel my child got exposure to these subjects but didn't acquire a demonstrated proficiency in them (yet an A or B score was given). For example, though in the Spanish program for a year, my child is unable to give me the names of the colors in Spanish (an A was achieved). In regards to typical courses of study, my child's performance definitely improved and I was pleased. While the leadership is friendly on most accounts, my experience is that time is made to hear parental feedback but a serious lack of respecting other opinions and assessing that feedback for its value has occured on more than one occasion.

Posted November 16, 2004

Greenwood Christian is a wonderful school with many caring teachers. They do thier best to make sure every child recieves a great education and no child is left in the dark. I would recomend this school to anyone especially if you have a child who needs a little extra help and no one has cared in the past. They truly love the children and strive for excellence!

Posted November 15, 2004

I had high expectations for my son when he first started going here this year. I don't think the school is as great as I thought it would be. I don't feel like the teachers communicate well with the parents. I feel left in the dard and unable to help my child at home because I don't know what he is struggling with in the class room. I think the greenwood public schools are better than this private school. Atleast they encourage parent involvement.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Multiracial 1% 4%
Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander 1% N/A
American Indian N/A 0%
Asian/Pacific Islander N/A 2%
Source: IN Dept. of Education, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (317) 859-5234

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2045 Averitt Road