Greenwood, IN
Students enrolled: 1,145

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted June 08, 2015
I don't know anything Greenwood's school system. I'm currently looking for a school. I don't have a lot of faith in the comments on this site.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Develops grit: Neutral

Develops respect: Neutral

Develops empathy: Neutral

Develops honesty: Neutral

Greenwood Community High School 3

Posted June 08, 2015
First of all I'm not a student. We are considering moving to IN and I'm in the process of looking for a school for my kids. I'm not sure if the person who wrote the review that began with "DO NOT listen" was trying to be funny. Do you proof read before submitting a review? The school is Yale, not yahl, Try there beat vs Try their best... If your post is genuine, I have concerns about Greenwood's English dept.

Greenwood Community High School 4

Posted February 17, 2014
DO NOT listen to the other student reviews. Those are about 95% false. The teachers are great. There are a few here and there that are bad, but what school doesn't have teachers like those? And we have plenty of students that go to out of state colleges that are really good colleges. For example one student graduated last year and went to yahl. Another is graduating this year and is going to West Point. The acedemics and athletics are great. I've also never heard of anyone do drugs during school. Of course there are those immature kids that do drugs out of school, but every school has that. The school and teachers and staff are fantastic. And yes there care and try there beat to relate to the students while also making sure we get what we need acedemicaly. And they don't just get frustrated at us when we don't understand. People who say that are probably the kids who don't take the time to understand. Every one of my teachers have taken the time to help me understand. For example if I don't understand something in geometry, I talk to the teacher and shell wait for when football is over so I can go in and get help. Great school and great staff.

Greenwood Community High School 1

Posted November 09, 2012
I didn't even graduate from this school because of the lack of support from the teachers and the administration. They don't work with you at all. It's either you do what you're told and do exactly what curriculum says or they ignore you or they'll just be mad at you. I had a metals class at this school and I was using one of the tools. I was working, not doing anything inappropriate. The teacher comes over to me and threw my project on the ground because it wasn't EXACTLY what he wanted it to be. Worst school ever.

Greenwood Community High School 1

Posted November 09, 2012
I didn't graduate either. I ended up going to whiteland instead. Teachers were terrible. They'd get mad at you for reading in class. No options for students who can't really deal with regular school. The administration and teachers just get frustrated with you. I would recommend any other school except this one. Just a terrible experience.

615 West Smith Valley Road, Greenwood, IN  46142
Last modified Greenwood Community High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Greenwood Community High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top