Bad
Good

First of all I'm not a student. We are considering moving to IN and I'm in the process of looking for a school for my kids. I'm not sure if the person who wrote the review that began with "DO NOT listen" was trying to be funny. Do you proof read before submitting a review? The school is Yale, not yahl, Try there beat vs Try their best... If your post is genuine, I have concerns about Greenwood's English dept.

DO NOT listen to the other student reviews. Those are about 95% false. The teachers are great. There are a few here and there that are bad, but what school doesn't have teachers like those? And we have plenty of students that go to out of state colleges that are really good colleges. For example one student graduated last year and went to yahl. Another is graduating this year and is going to West Point. The acedemics and athletics are great. I've also never heard of anyone do drugs during school. Of course there are those immature kids that do drugs out of school, but every school has that. The school and teachers and staff are fantastic. And yes there care and try there beat to relate to the students while also making sure we get what we need acedemicaly. And they don't just get frustrated at us when we don't understand. People who say that are probably the kids who don't take the time to understand. Every one of my teachers have taken the time to help me understand. For example if I don't understand something in geometry, I talk to the teacher and shell wait for when football is over so I can go in and get help. Great school and great staff.

I didn't even graduate from this school because of the lack of support from the teachers and the administration. They don't work with you at all. It's either you do what you're told and do exactly what curriculum says or they ignore you or they'll just be mad at you. I had a metals class at this school and I was using one of the tools. I was working, not doing anything inappropriate. The teacher comes over to me and threw my project on the ground because it wasn't EXACTLY what he wanted it to be. Worst school ever.

I didn't graduate either. I ended up going to whiteland instead. Teachers were terrible. They'd get mad at you for reading in class. No options for students who can't really deal with regular school. The administration and teachers just get frustrated with you. I would recommend any other school except this one. Just a terrible experience.

I was a teacher in this school, and my children are still students in the district. The honors-level classes do a great job teaching the kids but there is significant disparity between the honors level and the regular ed classes. The district has experienced significant shifts in its demographics in the last 10 years but the teaching staff has kept up very well and continues to do great things with the resources they have. Administration is not always consistent and seem to have unclear purposes but I think they always try to do what they think is best for the students, with few exceptions.

As a student here, I can say this is not a good school. The academics are poor, and lack any options for potentially bright students. The administration is sub-par and does not manage the school well. Except for a few standouts, most teachers do not teach well and bright children end up teaching the class. There is a rampant drug problem throughout the school, and the environment does not feel safe. I would strongly suggest against going to Greenwood High School.

Last modified Greenwood Community High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.