Greenwood Community High School 4

Posted February 17, 2014
DO NOT listen to the other student reviews. Those are about 95% false. The teachers are great. There are a few here and there that are bad, but what school doesn't have teachers like those? And we have plenty of students that go to out of state colleges that are really good colleges. For example one student graduated last year and went to yahl. Another is graduating this year and is going to West Point. The acedemics and athletics are great. I've also never heard of anyone do drugs during school. Of course there are those immature kids that do drugs out of school, but every school has that. The school and teachers and staff are fantastic. And yes there care and try there beat to relate to the students while also making sure we get what we need acedemicaly. And they don't just get frustrated at us when we don't understand. People who say that are probably the kids who don't take the time to understand. Every one of my teachers have taken the time to help me understand. For example if I don't understand something in geometry, I talk to the teacher and shell wait for when football is over so I can go in and get help. Great school and great staff.

Posted November 09, 2012
I didn't even graduate from this school because of the lack of support from the teachers and the administration. They don't work with you at all. It's either you do what you're told and do exactly what curriculum says or they ignore you or they'll just be mad at you. I had a metals class at this school and I was using one of the tools. I was working, not doing anything inappropriate. The teacher comes over to me and threw my project on the ground because it wasn't EXACTLY what he wanted it to be. Worst school ever.

Posted November 09, 2012
I didn't graduate either. I ended up going to whiteland instead. Teachers were terrible. They'd get mad at you for reading in class. No options for students who can't really deal with regular school. The administration and teachers just get frustrated with you. I would recommend any other school except this one. Just a terrible experience.

Greenwood Community High School 4

Posted October 14, 2011
I was a teacher in this school, and my children are still students in the district. The honors-level classes do a great job teaching the kids but there is significant disparity between the honors level and the regular ed classes. The district has experienced significant shifts in its demographics in the last 10 years but the teaching staff has kept up very well and continues to do great things with the resources they have. Administration is not always consistent and seem to have unclear purposes but I think they always try to do what they think is best for the students, with few exceptions.

Posted January 07, 2011
As a student here, I can say this is not a good school. The academics are poor, and lack any options for potentially bright students. The administration is sub-par and does not manage the school well. Except for a few standouts, most teachers do not teach well and bright children end up teaching the class. There is a rampant drug problem throughout the school, and the environment does not feel safe. I would strongly suggest against going to Greenwood High School.

Posted September 04, 2009

Posted May 11, 2008

Greenwood Community High School 2

Posted March 04, 2006
- a former student
I am a graduate of Greenwood High School. It is a fine school but lacks academic focus. If you want your child to go on to a top university outside of Indiana, you may want to consider other options. It is fine for state and local colleges.

Posted April 13, 2004
Fantastic school. They are very supportive and have great resources for the children. I do wish they had some additional extracurricular music activities. My son plays guitar and at his previous school they had regular concerts and clubs for him to hangout in.

Greenwood Community High School
615 West Smith Valley Road, Greenwood, IN  46142
Last modified Greenwood Community High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Greenwood Community High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.