Posted May 07, 2014
I am a volunteer at Northeast and work with a 2nd grader. I am impressed with how caring and committed the staff is. They are not only focused on test scores but also on building relationships with their students. They recently passed IREAD (3rd grade test) with the highest percentage in the district.

Greenwood Northeast Elementary School 3

Posted May 26, 2010
There are things that the school needs to work on. One thing that is definitely in their favor though is most of the teachers and staff really do care and want to do a good job.

Posted March 13, 2008
My son is in 2nd grade at Northeast and has been enrolled since kindergarten. My son has CP or cerebal palsey he is in a wheel chair and is not able to communicate verbally very much, but don't think he isn't smart. He has had the best teachers who work really hard to keep him very close to where he should be in school. Special Ed. Regular teachers, aids, speech, they are all outstanding.

Greenwood Northeast Elementary School 1

Posted March 12, 2008
I am a parent who has had two children go through this school. Now my third child is there and things with the school are getting worse. All the focus is on the lower testing students. Any child that is gifted is not pushed and eventually becomes complacent with average. Test scores have fallen under the new principle over the last 2 years. Instead of wanting input and help from parents she has made a hostile environment with teachers and parents/pto. I am already in the process of moving to another gradeschool in the community.

Greenwood Northeast Elementary School 4

Posted January 30, 2008
I am a parent of a kindergartner, and a 2nd grader. The school has great teachers, and a wonderful Principal. There needs to be more parental involvement in the PTO. The reason for the low scores on tests is that the school has a lot of apartments in its area, and turnover is huge. Also there are a lot of kids who do not speak English as a first language. But if you are looking for a school where the teachers care, and the Principal cares then this is a great one.

Posted April 26, 2005
- a former student
Northeast is a great school. I am accualy a child and have gone there myself. Northeast is an awesome school. They teach the kids to do many things. In music they have musical programs that are great and they are directed by Mrs. Akins. She is a fun, and loving teacher. Art is very interesting at Northeast. Almost every month they do at least one painting project. We don't have any sports teams but they are more focused on the education of the childeren. Now Northeast isn't the hightest of the schools but the teachers are great and they care more than any other teachers I know. I am in middle school at Greenwood Middle School and the staff and the teachers did a good job preparing us for 6th grade.

Contact Information

99 Crestview Drive
Greenwood, IN 46143

School website

Greenwood Northeast Elementary School
99 Crestview Drive, Greenwood, IN  46143
Last modified Greenwood Northeast Elementary School is a public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Greenwood Northeast Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews.