PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

From the principal down to the faculty -- Gina Carroll particularly, can both benefit from Cultural & Diversity training. How unfortunate Jim Crow is still alive within this "Catholic" school and racism is perpetuated. Nonetheless, what goes on in the dark will always come to light. This school will not receive my hard earned money next school year (2016-17) resulting from such appalling issues.

Develops character: Neutral

I love the education & morals it provides for its students! Im proud to be a part of such a great school.

I went to school here for 10 years. Many of the great teachers retired by the time that I got to the junior high (such as Mr. V). There were definitely favorites students. The kids acted like they ran the school over the teachers and never acted like they cared about the religion whatsoever. None of the children even attend mass outside of the school. But in the 8th grade many teachers went from being very kind to being very rude and talked behind many students' backs. They need a new principal. The science program is also very poor. Going through high school I had to learn many things that I should have in grade school. There were some pros to the school though. Mr. Starkey was one teacher who genuinely cared about the students. He always was around to help with homework or just talk things out if someone was being harassed. He solved things the right way. He didn't let things slide. More teachers should be like that. This school needs to step it up and give the children the real catholic education they deserve.

Office staff , certain teachers, and above all the Principle Mrs. Maskovich are VERY VERY RUDE!! Principle Mrs. Maskovich is very rude by not greeting ALL parents and blatantly turning up her nose to you. If your child is not head of the class or an honor student, she and certain teachers will pay no attention to your child. The Diocese should look into these complaints in order to ensure keeping Catholic schools open and thriving!! I cannot express the amount of disgust I have for these people mentioned!!

This is the worst school ever. Don't send your kids to school here. There is a bad principle who gives out the Wi-Fi password to her favorite students. There is a lot of bullying in this school..The teachers here have a lot of favored students. There is a lot of students espically in the Junior High that say bad words and put up the middle fingers at the teachers when they are not looking. If you are thinking about sending your kids to this school don't do it.

My daughter went to this school for 6 years. Outside of 1st grade with Sister Paula, our experience had not been a good one. There were definately favored students and mental harrassment and bullying existed without much effort to stop it by the faculty. My wife and I were very active in the school and sat on various committees, so it wasn't a situation where we as parents sat idly as our daughter went through her difficult times at St. Mary's. Mrs. Maskovich is a very inadequate principal that lacks vision, not to mention a backbone. It broke my heart to pull our daughter from St Mary's in 2008 and place her in a public school. Our faith is strong and we truly wanted her to finish in a Catholic environment. However, as we saw the school deteriorating, we had no choice but to withdraw our daughter. She is now going to Warren School in Highland and doing extremely well. Please, Fr. Mens, do something to stop the bleeding. There are children in our communities that deserve a good Catholic education. Please!

There were pros and cons on sending my children to this school. Some staff did/do have their favorites. Some issues could have been handled alittle differently like science books being only available online and health being taught from notes of the teacher, no structured book. In certain classes I never saw test papers with corrections. My child told me what the grade was and that was the end of it. I called other parents to confirm as well. They do have a good online system for keeping informed of grades. My oldest (A-B student) graduated and felt very prepared for high school especially in math and history. My youngest loved the teacher from last year and has continued to progress in reading and math due to summer work. The school does involve the student body in various charity work. The school is not perfect, but no school really is.

Horrible school... i can't believe it hasn't been shut down yet... They let the students do what ever they want like swearing in class and skipping classes and getting away with it.. Most teachers AND the principal favor students over others. The only good teacher that is not dense and seems to do more than the princapal is Mr. Starkey. Next time the school is inspected take a closer look at EVERYTHING. NO ONE knows what goes on in the school because the one time the teachers say anything is when inspection time comes.. The teachers are NOT great and some talk about students behind their backs to other students. The principal is VERY weak. I'm saying all of this because i went to the school and I honestly think that this is the WORST school I have ever saw.

AWFUL school. I would definitely not recommend you sending your children to this school. The teachers are very rude,impatient,and some are even unqualified for their position as a teacher, Most of the teachers have no control what so ever over the students. Some classes are horrible and rowdy and the teachers don't control it.The school has gone downhill since Principle Rebecca Mascovich has run it. Most teachers and the principle favorite students and neglect others. People might tell you different opinions but I have gone to this school for nine years and i can tell you,continuing to go there is one of the biggest regrets i can think of.

Last modified St Mary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.