Posted May 06, 2014
All of the teachers are terrible now at the moment. I can't say that I have learned anything permanently from many classes. Teachers knowledge is straight from the book and a teacher even admitted to not have a degree to teach us forensics.!! The environment is soon headed to becoming like a public school. The boys are immature and doing things they shouldn't be and all the girls are stuck up and rude to one another .! Theology makes you think that everything you are doing is a sin and makes others non Catholics second guess about not being baptized and converting to be catholic. The teachers have non respect nor passion to make sure their students are learning. They expect us to go the extra mile but they do not for us. It is boring we do absolutely nothing such as field trips and we pay all this money and do not even have air condition or a decent dance. The dances are held in the cafeteria and prom is a mess .!!

Posted April 26, 2014
Hello all, I am so happy I chose to send my son to BNI, I feel they're chose made thus far. My son couldn't be happier, BNI I feel prep the children for the life long journey they will need for adult life. The time and compassion BNI show to the students is just awesome. In closing you can't go wrong trusting BNI with the stepping stone for your child's future. If I would say what I would want to improve is for the staff to figure other ways to ask for volunteer hours that can be done away from the school instead of on school grounds though most parents work during those required hours.

Posted August 08, 2013
I have to agree with many of the parents that have said the school is no longer what it use to be. I had two boys that graduated from BNI my youngest graduated in 2012. He started in the Middle school at Noll and at the time I could see how the school was academically above all other schools. A few years later much changed at the school and in my opinion has digressed. The test standards are lowered, they do not academically challenge their students, and it is more of a social network instead of a Higher learning institute which is what Noll is known for. I would not recommend sending your child there. My children enjoyed going to Noll and they are very successful now, but it is NOT what it use to be and they have lowered their academic and moral standards. Changes need to be made at that school.

Bishop Noll Institute 1

Posted July 26, 2013
''Bishop noll institute is not an ideal learning environment for your children. I am not writing this review with venom or malice; I am simply writing to inform parents of the quality of education Noll has to offer. I myself am a grad of this school (class of 81) and the standards and quality of this school has downgraded by a lot. I sent my twins to this school for a year, and although they liked it, noll did not academically challenge their students as much as I would like. Many parents have taken their children out of the school because of this. Homework is nonexistent. Test are curved. Classes are more like social talk hours. Teachers involvement is bad. This school is about 8g a year. Is it worth is? No, it is not.''

Posted June 30, 2013
I have worked at many public/private schools throughout my teaching career and Bishop Noll institute is by far one of the worst. They do not encourage their students to reach their full potential. I feel sorry for many of my students. If your child is not part of a long line of Bishop Noll alumni, they are not treated kindly by the faculty at all. I see no dedication to the art of teaching in my colleagues work. It is more like pop a DVD about Rome in the vcr and right it off as a class, and sadly, this is how many of today's classes are set up. There are a lot of factors that go into a good educational environment. The look of the place is one. BNI puts no money into the classrooms. The technology is run down and broken. Trying to use our smart board s never worked. The paint is peeling f2f, the ceilings are falling, and the floor tiles are popping off. I see no reason for anyone to make a financial sacrifice to send their children to this school.

Bishop Noll Institute 1

Posted June 08, 2013
This school is terrible. Almost all the staff has been replaced (thank God, they were horrible). Principle:gone Assistant principle: Demoted, THEN gone. over 10 teachers have left. This shows lack of dedication and lack of standards set by this school. This school curves tests to make it seem as though everyone is doing exceptionally better then all the other schools. This school is not an exceptional school as they so often say they are. Don't get swept into this hoax. Me as well as many other students from my class transferred after year one. This school is the equivalent of a mediocre public school, not a fabulous Catholic school that they try to make you think as you sign those tuition papers.

Posted March 04, 2013
"Bishop Noll Institute is a great school. I made the decision and financial sacrifice to send my daughter to Noll, and it was one of the best decisions I could make. Bishop Noll Institute offers a diverse environment, a challenging curriculum, and promotes important life values to our youth. My daughter experienced great success from the smaller class sizes and great teacher influences. She was well prepared for what college level course work demands, and while there developed great study habits and a sense of personal responsibility. The school encourages parent participation through volunteer hours and really promotes a warm and welcoming environment. I would recommend Bishop Noll Institute to any parent who wants their child to receive a quality education. Just keep in mind that your child has to make the most of their time there. As a parent you have to make the personal sacrifice, but they have to be ready and willing to do the work!"

Bishop Noll Institute 4

Posted February 17, 2013
After teaching in both public schools and charter schools, my experiences at Noll are far more rewarding. The administration supports research-based, innovative instruction; the students are kind, good natured, and eager to learn; the facilities are updated every year; technology is improving and being utilized by most faculty on a regular basis. Are there problems and set-backs? Of course, but the way these problems and set-backs are addressed is commendable. Compared to other regional schools, Bishop Noll is giving students a well-rounded, faith-based experience. It is an excellent choice for a Catholic, college prep education.

Posted February 15, 2013
BNI is a great school. My son graduated from BNI in 2011. I have taught at BNI for 5 years. Before coming to BNI I have taught in public schools and other private schools. There are no major problems with students at BNI. The school climate is great, all the students are very nice to the teachers and each other. Discipline wise this is by far the easiest school I have ever worked in. I choose to send my son to BNI because of the opportunities, the emphasis on hard work and social justice, and the good friends I knew he would make. BNI out performs other schools in the area which can be verified on the Indiana DOE website. Looking at an earlier review which states gangs, drugs, and violence are at BNI is totally not true. Anyone that visits BNI would can see first hand what a friendly and inviting place it is. Yes BNI does require students and parents to do service hours like all Catholic schools, it is part of serving the community. The students love BNI, I suggest letting your son or daughter take a look at BNI, maybe do a shadow day, as they can see first hand if its a good fit for them.

Posted February 14, 2013
Bishop Noll provides unique opportunities that many other schools do not offer--a Chinese program, a marching band, college credit and AP courses, and a one-of-a-kind schedule created to teach students time management and organization skills. Bishop Noll is not for everyone, but explore all options before making your decision. After meeting the teachers, administrators, staff and students at BNI, you'll feel the strong community culture and be inspired by the school's greatest asset--it's wonderful students!

Bishop Noll Institute
1519 Hoffman Street, Hammond, IN  46327
Last modified Bishop Noll Institute is a Private school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bishop Noll Institute Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 48 reviews.