Hammond, IN

Posted January 21, 2015
I LOVE this school!!! My son had 2 years of pre-school here. He is an early reader and Mrs. Martin and Mrs. Hand encouraged and developed him to further improve. Now he's in Kindergarten and already is at 5th grade reading level according to his teachers. I always get comments from strangers how adorable and sociable he is! So big THANKS MCS and all the staff! I will put him back to this school if ever we are in Hammond again!

Posted January 21, 2015
My son is enrolled in the toddler program, and he tells me everyday he has a good day. He talks about his friends in class, the activities they do, and has a great time. We plan to enroll our daughter in the fall as well.

Montessori Children's School 4

Posted January 21, 2015
This is my daughter's first year here. She is in kindergarten. The progress that she has made since she started at this school is amazing. She has been able to work and learn at her own pace. There is no boredom, once she has excelled at one job she is free to continue to the next one. She enjoys learning new things and all the children seem to be well behaved, nice and friendly. The hands-on learning tools offered at Montessori schools are great. I wish I had attended a school like this. I highly doubt that I will send her to public school anytime in the near future.

Posted January 21, 2015
MCS has been such a wonderful experience for my family. We are very limited in where to send our children for a great education in our area that MCS has been a lifesaver. What I love about the school is that the teachers are "on it". They take an interest in your children and their education. The Montessori methods are so appropriate to life skills and creating well rounded adults. We can't thank them enough for their role in our children's education.

Posted January 16, 2015
MCS is the best-kept secret in the Midwest! Our goal for our kids is a life-long love of learning. We ve been there since 2000, & that s exactly what has happened. What do I love best about this school? -Child-centered education philosophy & atmosphere. -An authentic community. The families at this school come from every walk of life: ethnic, religious, racial, economic, social. I love it that my kids' friends don't look exactly like them & don't have the same background. The experience is so much richer. -Multi-aged classes. I've had so many parents outside of MCS comment to me about this. "Your kids are so mature for their ages!" Not really. They have just learned how to interact with other people (children & adults). This is not just my experience. I hear this all the time from other MCS parents. -Test scores. Ask to see the score reports. You won't believe it. Students are scoring on average 2-4 grades above grade level! Is it perfect? No. Is it the very best possible education experience I can imagine for my children? Absolutely! Call the school to ask for a tour. Spend some time in the classrooms. Go to the science fair. You will be blown away by what you see.
2 people found this helpful

Posted November 22, 2011
I enrolled my son in this year and I must say that I already see a difference! I love there learning methods and it makes me feel great to see my son enjoy school but the staff is RUDE! Its seems very unorganized and they pick and choose what parents that they want to be involved. I d even go as far to say that if your not apart of donating money or apart or a certain age group the staff really doesn t want to be contacted! It is unfortunate that now I see that the school is like a business and they really sell you a dream when you do your tour but its all about money. There attitudes are terrible and I am considering putting my son in a catholic school next year because of this at least I know he will still be receiving a great education but with people who care!

Montessori Children's School 0

Posted April 29, 2010
This school is amazing. I have two boys enrolled, one since he was 20months. They have taught them to read before 5yrs old and started basic mutilplication before kindergarten. This is all done by fun 'jobs' the kids don't even realize they are learning.

Posted June 06, 2008
I really love this school. Both my children attend, one in preschool and one in the elementary program. The teachers are amazing and really love and care for the students. The curriculum is individualized and always challenges the child. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Posted May 18, 2008
Both of my children have attended MCS since they were toddlers. Both are now in the elementary program and I couldn't be happier. Class sizes are small and the teachers really get to know each child personally, helping them build on their strengths while working holistically with other children. I enjoy the feeling of community shared among the families and look forward to keeping my kids here through 6th grade.

Posted September 24, 2006
This is a wonderful school. When my son began their preschool program last year I was almost instantly positive that he would return for kindergarten. His directresses are wonderful and the Montessori teachings are not only academically superb, but the manners and respect that he's picked up are an added bonus!

Montessori Children's School
5935 Hohman Avenue, Hammond, IN  46320
Last modified Montessori Children's School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Montessori Children's School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top