PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I cannot say enough good things about this school and its instructors. The Montessori method is an exceptional way of teaching and nurturing students. This school excels at that. The instructors take a personal interest in every child and want to see every child grow to his/her full potential. My son has not only excelled academically but his self confidence has grown as well. Further, Montessori teaches respect of oneself, others and the environment. My only suggestion would be to include more community building activities e.g. parents' night out, etc.

Everything and everyone is wonderful. We have had our daughter enrolled since Kindergarten and she is now in 5th grade.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Montessori Children's Schoolhouse teaches children more than just reading, writing and arithmetic. They teach the children to respect themselves, others and the environment around them.

This school excels at academics more than any public school in the area. It has helped both my children build up self esteem through accomplishments and has helped them to be more self motivated. Through montessori direction, the children have no limits on their education and growth, and they have a global awareness that isn't taught in the public school system. This school has given me hope that my children can exceed in their education and send them on the right path for their futures.

Our children have been in the MCS family for two years. We have been very impressed by the range of topics that our children have been exposed to within those years. Art, sound work and reading, science, music, math, building independence through practical life jobs, and all while forming great friendships along the way. Most importantly, the MCS staff is completely invested in the Montessori process, experienced, caring and supportive.

This is our first year with Montessori but I have truly seen great things from my first grader! We have a public school teacher in the family and we chose Montessori to allow our child to learn in a more autonomous environment and blossom at his own speed! Montessori has done just that! We love the things he is able to experience here and he is truly excelling!!! Thanks to all the great teachers and staff at MCS, you ROCK!!!

My oldest son has been through the elementary three-year cycle and seeing how it all comes together in the third year is amazing! I feel this school has benefited my children by helping them develop their independence and decision making skills. This school has also helped them develop respect for themselves and others. It seems like this school cares about my children and teaching them the love of learning instead of just teaching them for a test. I would recommend this school to people who want to give their children the opportunity to excel.

My child has been at MCS for 4 years (Pre-K to 1st). I was not familiar with the Montessori method, but have learned to appreciate the philosophy and its impact. Without delving deep into the philosophy (space constrained), two tenants that resonated with me were: child-centered orientation & hands-on learning. What does this mean? First, my son chooses what activity he works on the teacher serves as a guide/facilitator. He s not passively being told what to learn and when to learn it. Second, a math example - it s not rote memorization it entails manipulating beads so they physically experience how addition and subtraction work. To learn more about Montessori I d highly recommend Montessori Madness by Trevor Eissler. Sound like chaos? Surprisingly it is quite the opposite. Visit a class, and you ll be amazed at the calm, structured environment that is achieved through empowering kids. The MCS staff is top-notch, and I love the low student to teacher ratio (child s class of 25 has 3 full-time staff). Test results, which are downplayed in Montessori - are off the charts. My goal was a school that fostered a creative, independent learner. Mission accomplished.

I LOVE this school!!! My son had 2 years of pre-school here. He is an early reader and Mrs. Martin and Mrs. Hand encouraged and developed him to further improve. Now he's in Kindergarten and already is at 5th grade reading level according to his teachers. I always get comments from strangers how adorable and sociable he is! So big THANKS MCS and all the staff! I will put him back to this school if ever we are in Hammond again!

My son is enrolled in the toddler program, and he tells me everyday he has a good day. He talks about his friends in class, the activities they do, and has a great time. We plan to enroll our daughter in the fall as well.

Last modified Montessori Children's School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8