Posted March 08, 2014
Hess is an amazing school! They are a great TEAM of educators, working together to teach, and enrich each students life. I know our test scores don't show it, but you can blame that on lack of parent involvement. I have 2 children enrolled, and have been apart of the school for 4 years now. No complaints about the Teachers, principal, or staff!!!!

Posted January 08, 2014
I'm not even sure if the first person was fully aware but I think you probably had a bad personal experience. But this school is wonderful the while staff work with each child and parent above and beyond. The principle and vice principal are at every event at the school even after school hours. The teachers have so much compassion for their jobs that I have seen many of them just leaving school after 6 or 7 at night. At other schools I've seen just about every staff member leave as soon as most students were gone after the bell. I by far have not one bad thing to say about this school. I'm proud to be a parent of two Hess Hawks!!!! I would randomly ask any one of these parents that if their child goes to Hess and they would even tell you nothing but great things.

Joseph Hess Elementary School 4

Posted September 10, 2013
my kids are new to the school this year and so far this school is fantastic the teachers are going out of there way to talk if I need to and awesome faculity

Joseph Hess Elementary School 1

Posted January 31, 2012
I have 3 kids that attends this school, and i dont like it at all i am looking for another school ASAP. They dont have the tools to help your child if he/she are falling behind, my kids will come home at least 2 times a week and tell me they found hair in their lunch and most of the teachers dont care nothing about if the kids are learning or not...I cant take no more i have 2 find my kids a better school.

Posted December 18, 2009

Posted March 29, 2009

Joseph Hess Elementary School
3640 Orchard Drive, Hammond, IN  46323
Last modified Joseph Hess Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Joseph Hess Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews.