Highland, IN
Before care: Yes

Posted June 04, 2014
My children have attended HCS for a number of years. Both have needed help over the years for vastly different things and the school was ready and able to help them get the individualized attention they required. The teachers and staff go beyond with caring and compassionate encouragement to help each student succeed and achieve. Their new leveled reading program in the lower levels has also helped students achieve greater competency earlier....I only wish my children had been able to take advantage of that when they were younger too. Parents are very supportive and welcome to become involved as much as they can. Families do well at HCS when they recognize that faith and learning is not solely in the hands of the teachers..but belongs in the home and school and church. They encourage spiritual development in age appropriate ways for every child...our entire family has grown in our faith because HCS has encouraged and challenged us to live and learn our faith.

Highland Christian School 4

Posted April 29, 2014
This is a school where teachers care about their students and incorporate teaching into all events of the day. The teaching day does not end as the last bell rings but the teachers are always willing to stay longer to talk to parents or help the students. The school has many extra activities that the students are encouraged to do that will go beyond what they've learned in class. National History Day projects, sporting events, musical programs, young author days and spelling bees. Students are encouraged to discover the gifts that were given to them by and to use these gifts throughout their lives. There is an annual Service Day to help students explore where their talents lie and what might await them within God's plans.

Posted April 24, 2014
This is the best school, before my girls came to Highland Christian school they were not doing well in school they have gotten the help they needed in order to become good student and it is all because the teachers And principle truly care about all of their kids

Posted April 24, 2014
My two children have been attending Highland Christian for the past 5 years now and we have had nothing but positive experiences here! The teachers are wonderful...they are highly qualified and they genuinely care about these kids. They want to see them succeed! They work alongside us to make sure my children are reaching their full potential. The principal is kind and knows every child by name :). I am confident every morning when I drop my children off that not only are they receiving the very best education but they are growing in their faith as well. Can not say enough great things about Highland Christian School!

Highland Christian School 3

Posted October 12, 2013
I really loved the staff of HCS. They were friendly all 3 years my daughter attended there. She love the school. I made a choice to remove her and try her in a public school. I found that she was not performing at an academic level of fellow students her age. At HCS, she had excellent grades. At they new school, she was barely passing. Her learning is now a grade level higher since attending the new school. I love soo many things about HCS, but academically, your child will be 1-2 grade levels behind.

Posted October 23, 2012
My daughter attended SEC (sunshine enrichment center) the school's Pre-k program for 2 years and is now enrolled in Kindergarten at HCS. I cannot say enough good things about the school and the teachers. It warms my heart to know that my daughter has a safe & caring place to learn. God really blessed us to be able to send our child here. Thank you to SEC & HCS faculty for caring as much as they do about our kids....it shows!

Posted February 18, 2008
We have been with HCS for 5 years now and currently have 3 of our 4 chidren attending. We are thrilled with everything about the school. The teachers and staff really care and are very concerned for each childs well being. It is a positive environment for our kids. We feel very reassured knowing that when we take them to school each day, they are being very well cared for and educated. They all love it and have formed strong bonds with fellow students as well as faculty. Parents are also hugely involved in many areas of the school.

Posted May 15, 2007

Highland Christian School
3040 Ridge Road, Highland, IN  46322
Last modified Highland Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Highland Christian School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top