Posted September 10, 2013
I really feel like Mr. Boylan is absolutely 110% committed to his students, and their education! I am very excited about this school year as well as the following years to come for my son!

Posted September 03, 2013
I absolutely LOVE this school and so does my 3rd grader! I was a bit concerned at 1st considering she was going to be a new student this year! When I first went to the school to sign her up I immediately did NOT like the secretary, she was rude, mean, didn't seem to know anything about the school, she even told my 7 year old who was already nervous that she would have to figure out where her bus was because she needs to learn responsibility. We were mortified, and I almost considered sending her to a different school. So I waited a few weeks and decided to call the principle, the most pleasant cheerful voice answered the phone...A NEW SECRETARY!!! She talked to me about my concerns and answered so many questions! I was relieved! (as was my daughter!) We are now on the 3rd week of school and everyday it is something new! How amazing her teacher is (Ms. Dekker!) how cool her principle is, and also all the office staff!! She is learning so much and I couldn't be happier! She loves it here I go on her teachers website every day to check grades and homework (which is always updated!), when I have questions I email her teacher and have a response that day! This is an amazing place!!!

Allen J Warren Elementary School 4

Posted October 28, 2012
I received an email asking what I thought of the school. I think the school is on it's way to being one of the best schools. The first thing that has been a plus to the school is the removal of the librarian. What a difference it makes that my children come home to say positive things about reading instead of negative things. The next problem that needs work on is that Secretary in the office. The emotional behaviors that parents and students encounter with the secretary is not good. When you choose to be a teacher you need to love kids and teaching. When you become a secretary you must have customer service skills to deal with the public in a professional manner. I agree with the post below, and one thing this school doesn't need are any more bad scores. Does the Secretary have something on someone in upper management? If not, bring in more professional employees that enjoy their job and/or invest in customer service training. It'll do the school good. Otherwise, great school, great teachers and 100%x better with the new Librarian.

Allen J Warren Elementary School 4

Posted October 25, 2012
Teachers are professional as is the principal. If only the secretary and music teacher were on watch. They project their unhappiness on the kids, and it shows in the atmosphere. If they 1. do not like kids then get out and 2. if they can not dress and act professionally on a daily basis, again, leave. They are hindering the school's rating.

Posted June 25, 2012
Was so excited for the kids when I found out they are getting a new Librarian. Kudos to whoever finally stepped up and did what was right for this school. I've decided to rate the school high and probably higher then ever because of this decision. Thank You Thank You Thank You - - let's hope you find someone who will care about these kids. After all - - readers are leaders! :)

Posted January 30, 2012
While reading about "our" school, the one issue that should be addressed is the Librarian. When I read the review about "our" Librarian I was concerned because I thought I was the only one that saw how uncompassionate she is towards the children. They are children and should enjoy going to the Library, they should enjoy reading and shouldn't have to be under so much "hostility" from the Librarian. I can tell you that I have witnessed this type of behavior. I believe that if she has issues in her life that are negatively impacting the way she treats our children then the issues need to be addressed. She puts a bad taste in the mouths of parents and children by being so rude and disrespectful. What the school needs is Undercover Boss . I can tell you that the teachers would be graded with an A+, my child loves 1st Grade and my feeling is most if not all of the kids love their class. As parents, we love the teachers too, the office staff would get a D or below and the Librarian would get an F. As a Principal you have the power to change this, please do so, then you ll receive you re A+.

Posted January 28, 2012
I have had many interactions at this school, and I can tell you that many of the poor posts are due to the office staff, not the teachers. The teachers give their best, but when the office staff is rude, they cannot do anything about it. I can tell you that if you have a problem, go straight to the school board.

Allen J Warren Elementary School 3

Posted March 23, 2011
I moved from Munster, and the experience education wise is great. The teachers are friendly, and so are other students. The lunch is ok, but pizza is horrid. The school could use an update and there's carpet on the wall. Hello the 80's called they want their carpet back. Anyway the principal does nothing to support anti-bullying yet we must say our "Bullying Rules" every Friday . i suggest Southridge instead. Sorry!!

Allen J Warren Elementary School 1

Posted January 03, 2011
This is our first year in the Highland Schools (Warren Elementary) and I can not be more displeased.... I have a pit in my stomach everytime I send my child off to school. Don't get me wrong, I love his teacher; however, everybody else there is very unwelcoming and uncooperative. It is an extremely tough situation to be in when I am afraid of calling or even going to the school because I don't know what I am going to be yelled at for next. I can't not wait to get him out of there and into a private school next year. The tuition will be more than worth it.

Allen J Warren Elementary School 1

Posted September 30, 2010
Just move here from Munster. The school system is very unorganized. I live right across from one, but my kids were transfered to another school an the other side of Highland due to not have have space for them. On the day of orientation the receptionist was rude and told me that the door I came in from was the door for students that rode on the bus, when I asked for a supply list she told me to HOLD ON, and something about me not knowing how to use the computer. One of my children has ADHD and the support system from the teacher, principal and even the school bus driver are unacceptable. Not willing to work with the parents, they just want to wash off their hands and want no part of it. My children will not return to the school next year!!!

Allen J Warren Elementary School
2901 100th Street, Highland, IN  46322
Last modified Allen J Warren Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Allen J Warren Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 37 reviews.