Bad
Good

As a previous student of Johnston, I am not pleased. Shows of favoritism shown by the teacher,principles,and other staff. In all respects, I believe all students, should be taught in an environment balanced. Not whether your the last name of Maxwell,Johnson,or Garica.

Johnston is an awesome school wth wonderful leadership and excellent teachers. That is why it is the number one school in Highland.

I have a student going now and a future one attending soon. Maybe coming from Chicago public schools makes me rate higher but it's a huge difference and I'm happy my kids get to go to this school instead of Chicago or Hammond.

Well, moving from Calumet City IL to Highland and being new to the Indiana school systems, which I've heard great things about, hopefully this will be a drastic change for my children ranging from 8, 10, to the oldest, 15 and 17 (HHS) because their school administration was just horrible and not serious about the children's EDUCATIONAL NEEDS! So we shall see. So far, I am pleased with the administration and staff of the Highland schools. I children are again, excited about going to school and much more eagar to learn! PLEASE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK HIGHLAND!

This school was with quality and so was the staff,they scored great on the I step tests and it has a good educational program for kids it is a very good school.

I have 2 children that attend Johnston Elementary and I have been very pleased. The kindergarten through second grade teachers have been excellent. My children love going to school and I credit the teaching staff with this. I was allowed to be a parent volunteer in my daughter's kindergarten classroom on a weekly basis. My daughter's teacher was very easy to talk to and patient with the students. I live close to the school and I know the kindergarten teacher works long hours. This really opened my eyes to what hard work it is to be a teacher. I am so thankful that my children are attending a wonderful school.

The new leadership at Johnston school is great. The new principal has taken a hands on caring approach. Most teachers are good at keeping parents involved. One problem seems to be office communication with the rest of the staff and parents. However the school is a one of the best in the area. I would like to see a little more emphasis on math and science. From an honest parent.

Last modified Judith Morton Johnston Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.