Highland, IN

Judith Morton Johnston Elementary 2

Posted June 06, 2012
As a previous student of Johnston, I am not pleased. Shows of favoritism shown by the teacher,principles,and other staff. In all respects, I believe all students, should be taught in an environment balanced. Not whether your the last name of Maxwell,Johnson,or Garica.

Posted June 05, 2012
Johnston is an awesome school wth wonderful leadership and excellent teachers. That is why it is the number one school in Highland.

Posted March 13, 2010
I have a student going now and a future one attending soon. Maybe coming from Chicago public schools makes me rate higher but it's a huge difference and I'm happy my kids get to go to this school instead of Chicago or Hammond.

Posted September 08, 2009
Well, moving from Calumet City IL to Highland and being new to the Indiana school systems, which I've heard great things about, hopefully this will be a drastic change for my children ranging from 8, 10, to the oldest, 15 and 17 (HHS) because their school administration was just horrible and not serious about the children's EDUCATIONAL NEEDS! So we shall see. So far, I am pleased with the administration and staff of the Highland schools. I children are again, excited about going to school and much more eagar to learn! PLEASE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK HIGHLAND!

Posted December 09, 2008
This school was with quality and so was the staff,they scored great on the I step tests and it has a good educational program for kids it is a very good school.

Posted August 04, 2007
I have 2 children that attend Johnston Elementary and I have been very pleased. The kindergarten through second grade teachers have been excellent. My children love going to school and I credit the teaching staff with this. I was allowed to be a parent volunteer in my daughter's kindergarten classroom on a weekly basis. My daughter's teacher was very easy to talk to and patient with the students. I live close to the school and I know the kindergarten teacher works long hours. This really opened my eyes to what hard work it is to be a teacher. I am so thankful that my children are attending a wonderful school.

Judith Morton Johnston Elementary 4

Posted December 29, 2006
The new leadership at Johnston school is great. The new principal has taken a hands on caring approach. Most teachers are good at keeping parents involved. One problem seems to be office communication with the rest of the staff and parents. However the school is a one of the best in the area. I would like to see a little more emphasis on math and science. From an honest parent.

Judith Morton Johnston Elementary 1

Posted August 22, 2006
This school is very unorganized. We have tried getting a meeting with the principal for days with know response.

Judith Morton Johnston Elementary 3

Posted August 18, 2006
I feel Johnston is very unorganized.

Judith Morton Johnston Elementary 2

Posted June 20, 2006
I am very disappointed with the academic and safety aspect of this school. My daughter had problems getting a chance to read, I sent letters to the teacher because every week your child should read their book and then receive another. This happened several times and my daughter graduated kindergarten with the same book she received the week before spring break she had the same book for 10 Weeks! When I accompanied her on her field trip they did not assign children to chaperones(They sure did when I was in kindergarten) The kids were basically going around unsupervised because the parents did not know all the children. I will go on all fieldtrips!

8220 5th Street, Highland, IN  46322
Last modified Judith Morton Johnston Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Judith Morton Johnston Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top