Hobart, IN
Before care: Yes

Posted April 16, 2014
With a qualified staff and friendly students Trinity Lutheran is a great place to learn about God's love through Indiana State Standards as well as the Common Core Standards. We are a Preschool through 8th grade school with full day Kindergarten as well as a full day Pre-K class 3 days a week. All of the teachers hold a State license and the school has been accredited by the NLSA. We are also a school of choice, accepting new and vouchers students throughout the year. TLS is a long standing school (over 130 years) that will help your students reach all of their goals through the love of Christ.

Posted April 13, 2014
Trinity is a great school that teaches academics AND morals. The classroom size allows for a better one-to-one teaching ability. Children are not simply pushed aside because there is not enough time. The students and teachers create a family like atmosphere. Parent involvement is better than I have seen at any other school. The teachers and principal take a true interest in each child's education. Trinity is a great place to teach and to send your children.

Posted June 22, 2013
I just found out about this website through a friend of mine and I could not agree with his review more! My children has excelled at Trinity Lutheran. The teachers and other parents make it feel like a family. My kids were shoved to the side in their overcrowded public school and at Trinity Lutheran everyone knows each other and cares about each other. The teachers have been wonderful and have taken an interest in each of my children's education. The children are ahead of where their cousins and friends who attend public school are in math and English. There is no better school and I will NEVER send my children to a public school again.

Posted June 22, 2013
This 1 out of 10 rating is ridiculous! The test scores are skewed so that bigger schools look better. I have two children in the school. One passed the I-Step last year and the other failed. The one who failed, probably would have done so in the so called great public school in town too. The biggest difference is that he actually progressed more at Trinity. He was falling behind in the public school, especially with reading and at Trinity his reading improved a lot. We were not surprised that he did not pass, but he has made significant progress since coming to Trinity. I would rate this school a 10 out of 10. Test scores do not tell the whole picture and it is unfair to judge a small school against a big school. If one child does not do well in a class of ten then 10% fail if one child does not do well in a class of 30 then around 3% fail. It's still the same number of children who did not do well. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Posted June 14, 2012
Trinity educates each child through strong academics, moral values, creative talents, social skills, co-ed sports, and most importantly, a Christian foundation. Each grade participates in a nationally, accredited anti-bullying program. Extra curricular activities are offered for a variety of interests. Trinity teachers and staff love and value each student no matter their age, religion, ethnicity, or financial status. Trinity has been blessed to educate children from Hobart and the surrounding communities for 132 years. It is a loving and secure place to be!

Trinity Lutheran School 4

Posted May 23, 2012
Trinity is a great school. It is a good Christian foundation for your child. The teachers and & Mr. & Mrs. Nagy n are wonderful. There are a lot of school activities and parent involvement. PreK, K, 1st, and 2nd, are 5 stars, along with the schools effort to foster love and acceptance and good strong values.

Trinity Lutheran School 3

Posted November 14, 2011
My only problem with TLS is the principal, who is also the math teacher. He has a positive attitude...with the parents. With students he makes false accusations and picks favorites. In math I fail to understand the material because i don't understand what he's trying to explain. When I ask for help he says the same thing it says in the book, which hardly helps. TLS is a great school preschool-4th. Not so much 5th-8th.

Posted September 04, 2010
Starting off a new year I was worried. My child hasn't complained yet about going to school which makes that process easy in the morning. My child gets out of bed very easily and is excited about the day. He was recently sick and was upset that he couldn't go to school. The Principal, Mr. Sandmann, has an awesome attitude. My mind is at ease while I'm at work knowing he is in good hands. His homework exceeds that of the neighborhood kids as I talk to their parents about their levels of education. Go Trinity. Even if you are not Lutheran but you do care about your child and their morals and values this is the school for you. I teach in a Public school and see the huge difference in the attitudes in the classroom and the parental involvement within the school. I highly recommend Trinity.

Posted April 11, 2010
Over the last year the school has almost an entire new school board who is working very hard to bring a positive attitude back into Trinity. There is a new Principal this year along with a new School Board President. These two work great together and we are seeing some fabulous teamwork. The parents are warmly received in the school and the safety of the students is top notch. The tuition is slowly increasing but is still under $100 a month. You can't beat that for a private school with a state of the art technology and music department. The 7th and 8th grade have received top notch science equipment and grade 1 has a fabulous reading levels program. The financial assistance is offered to all students, not just members. My son is in grade 1 and reads one hour every night. His level is unbelievable.

Posted April 11, 2010
Outstanding school. New school board and Principal who work well together. Volunteers are warmly welcomed. The secretary is extremely caring and professional. She is the eyes to the school. Her name is Mrs. Smith and she makes us feel like we belong. The teachers are also very well educated and exceed my expectations. The school is clean and has a state of the art computer technology and music program. My 1st grader frequently performs in front of hundreds of people. He also does science and social studies fair projects. He loves school and loves to go. That makes me happy. They also offer financial assistance to all people not just members...but everyone can apply. It's currently $100 a month to send him and they have before/after school care and a really good lunch program.

Trinity Lutheran School
891 South Linda Street, Hobart, IN  46342
Last modified Trinity Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Trinity Lutheran School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top