Hobart Baptist Grade School 4

Posted April 28, 2012
My son has gone here for two years and I could not have asked for a better environment for him to learn. He is learning things that prepare him well in advance for the next school year. My eldest children have gone to public schools in Valparaiso and by comparison the curriculum is ahead of the curve. While they do not compare in the computer education needed in today's society they are still a well rounded school. The school is no longer at Hobart Baptist and is now Abundant Life Christian Academy at New Hope Baptist in Hobart. The leadership put into question was not due to the principal but the deacon board and pastor at HBC by not allowing the school proper funding to operate. I would agree that some of the curriculum at public schools, paticularly science and P.E, but this is a small Christian school with limited funds and small class sizes. It is an ideal alternative to what is considered a good education in our public schools today. I would be more concerned bring my eldest children here for fear they would have a harder time keeping up with this curriculum.

Hobart Baptist Grade School 1

Posted June 08, 2011
My child attended from preschool to 3rd grade. I had to take him out due tot he leadership. I really struggled with the decision but decided to not send him back. I am so glad I made that choice since the "new principal" put such a strain on the parents and STAFF that it will no longer be open next year. How sad it is that due to one change in leadership, it just fell apart so quickly. I feel for the teachers, not the leadership. I loved this school and gave a lot of time volunteering, its just so sad. I would have thought the school board would have stepped up and changed things before they got to the point where the school had to close its doors. Shame on them.

Hobart Baptist Grade School 2

Posted February 22, 2011
My children attended HBS for 7 years. You couldn't have asked for a better school to maintain the morals and values which are important to you as the parent; however, this is definitely NOT a school for your children beyond the 5th grade. The course studies are not challenging enough and the budget does not allow for the proper equipment needed to teach some courses. As for the computers, they were purchased over 5 years ago and from my understanding, the children still do not have daily computer usage. There are many times that they are not up and running as well. HBS should stick to primary education and nothing more.

Posted November 18, 2009

Hobart Baptist Grade School 0

Posted August 08, 2009
My child has been attending Hobart Baptist for a few years now and while it's true that the teachers are really nice, I must say that it's not what it once was back in 2005. For example: My child hasn't had any computer time or training outside of what I teach at home. Gym is one day a week and as far as a basketball team, I've never seen one, heard of one or have heard of plans to obtain one. As of the past few years the staff has been under constant strain and it is starting to show in the way things are being handled as of late. I don't believe my child will be attending Hobart Baptist again this coming year. Again I commend the staff for keeping up appearances and being so nice but things have to change.

Posted September 09, 2008
Fantastic teachers, very caring and loving. They make you feel welcome and like your apart of their family.

Posted February 27, 2005
The teachers are Fantastic! These teachers take a huge pay cut to work at this christian school. I see how much these teachers care for the children and their education. They should be commended for all they do. I see how much they care about these students and want them to excell in all they do. The staff always needs parents to volunteer, so if you have the time just ask any teacher or staff member. I enjoy all the activities they have to name a few they have a science fair and a young Authors month. The children have classes music, art, computer, gym and now they have a basketball team. What a wonderful school. My child and I just love it!

Hobart Baptist Grade School
P.O. Box 156, Hobart, IN  46342
Last modified Hobart Baptist Grade School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6
Hobart Baptist Grade School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.