Hobart, IN

Posted January 24, 2014
Amazing teachers and principal!!! We love it here and my child has been learning so much!!!

Posted August 05, 2013
Joan Martin has been a great school for the past 4 years our children attended. Just like any other school, you have small issues, but it isn't anything that can't be addressed wither with the teacher or higher adminstrators. Our children have learned so much compared to their old school, they have made tons of friends, and love going to school. I feel that this school does a good job at preparing the children for middle school.

Joan Martin Elementary School 1

Posted June 22, 2013
I hated this school! My kids went there and were just a number. The teachers did not care and the principal was nice but was too busy to take the time for us when we had issues.It's not her fault no one could handle a school this big. I took them out and to a private school and it has been much better. The kids are getting the help that they need and they are in a caring environment. Go to a private school, you and your kids will be much happier.

Posted March 05, 2012
I moved to Hobart for the education I knew my children would receive. Joan Martin Elementary sees each child and their own individual potential. I am INCREDIBLY thankful for the High Ability program that has been instituted in the past 2 years. It's time ALL schools paid as much attention to the high achieving students as much as they do to the "at risk" students. KUDOS to the School City of Hobart and Joan Martin Elementary for preparing my children to be the BEST they can be!

Posted February 29, 2012
Thank you Joan Martin Elementary School!!! I have had such a wonderful expierence with both of my childrens education. There are so many wonderful programs in place for these children. What a fantastic opportunity for both Parent and Child at this school.

Joan Martin Elementary School 1

Posted September 10, 2011
Joan Martin has been a complete nightmare for me and my son. He has been attending Joan Martin for the last 3 years and he was also labeled and forced into a behavior program the last 2 years for behaviors such as "talking" or "placing his hand on the wall while walking in the hallway" at the age of 5. When I was called for a meeting with the school and voiced my opinion on the subject I felt as tho they made it very difficult on my child because I had spoken up. The treat parents as if they are not on the same educational level as they themselves as teachers are. This highly infuriates me because I myself am a nurse manager and will not be told that my child is a deviant when they cannot manage children or even ask parents for some construction criticism when dealing with their children that they know and love. Joan Martin I believe is a group of women whom think they are above and beyond everyone else. I have some choice words for these women...give us all a break!

Posted September 02, 2011
I love all of the staff and how involed they are with the children. I love their high abilty program. I love all of the after school programs they offer. I love how well they keep me informed on not only what is going on in the school but the community as well. I love everything about this school!!

Joan Martin Elementary School 2

Posted October 08, 2009

Posted August 03, 2009

Joan Martin Elementary School 0

Posted April 08, 2009
I agree with the February 22nd parent. I went to the school numerous times and ever since the old principal retired, the new principal has no clue how to be consistent, handle serious matters, or mediate between teacher and parent, when necessary. My husband and I moved here becaue we were told many great things about Joan Martin. However, since the new 'leader' we are devastated to see this school go down so quickly. I understand that she is new, but she is spineless and indecisive. It seems like there are no consequences for students that break the policy. We are currently looking for an alternative school and possibly moving to a different district. Sadly, my once happy and excited child has expressed a huge loss of interest in school and complains about the behavior of the adults and children in that school. What a shame!

Joan Martin Elementary School
301 East 10th Street, Hobart, IN  46342
Last modified Joan Martin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Joan Martin Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top