Bad
Good

My son started 1st grade at Liberty in 2014. He is now completing 2nd grade. He has had wonderful support from Teachers/Principal/Counselor. What many appreciate about Liberty is the small school size of only 15 teachers. However, what students appreciate is the respect that is given in and out of the classroom amongst eachother. Remember, Parents, as long as you are communicating with your students school & teachers, they will communicate with you.

When I first moved to Hobart six years ago, the school system here was rated one of the best in the area. There has been a lot of change in the last 3 years that the ratings still do not reflect. For one, the student to teacher ratio is incorrect. It says 21:1 but it is in fact around 28+:1. (most classes are around 30 kids) One of our elementary schools closed down a few years back and in my opinion, the school system has plummeted because of it. Example- last year (2nd grade) my son had 28 kids in his class and only one teacher. There was no aide in her room all year. My son struggled tremendously and I had to hold him back. I've had a really hard time getting the school to work with me on his individual needs. He's the type of kid that needs to be physically shown how to do something in order for him to understand it. Due to the large class size, it's hard for the teacher to spend any one on one time with the students. Definitely consider this before relocating here. If you have a child who breezes through things you will love it, but if you have a child who needs a little extra attention, take my word for it, you will be miserable, and most importantly, so will your child!

This is my daughter's first year at Liberty and I am very happy. My daughter has Miss Fejer for Kindergarten . She has learned more than I ever expected in 3 hours a day. The Principal and PTO make the school a fun environment. I am very thankful that I have had the opportunity to volunteer, every week, and see my daughter's love for her first school!

This school is very disappointing they say they are trying to help out the child but do not follow through on there end. They say they will do one thing and don't just to make my daughter feel like she was a bad student this morning. She will not attend next year.

Throughorly disappointed with this school. Our daughter performs above her grade level, and was placed in the high abilities program, which pleased us. But we received little communication from the teacher, until suddenly they kicked out of the program for talking and 'not paying attention,' without any warning. She is not challenged by the material and therefore gets bored and inattentive. Then she's labeled as a troublemaker. Thoughouly disappointing.

Liberty is a great school this is our first year here and my son adjusted very quickly he really enjoys his teacher and classroom activites... excellent school

Libert is a wonderful school and envolves families! I'm glad my children attend Liberty!

Last modified Liberty Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.