Posted June 23, 2014
Great teachers, excellent principal. Students success is the school main concern. My son received a great education and was prepared to continue his education.

Posted June 08, 2013
This school has some teachers that could ruin your day in about three to four sentences but overall it is a great school. It is a shame that some of the best teachers retired 2 days ago. I just got out of Elementary school and i have to say this was the best one out of the three i went to. The other two i went to are Liberty Elementary School in Hobart, IN and Crisman Elementary School in Portage, IN. They were both good schools but Meister was the best. P.S. a lot of the kids here have a rumor about how Henry S. Evans kids have lice but i don't think that's true. It has great sports programs and have some good learning centers for your kids. Great school like i said.

Posted October 05, 2009
All 4 of my children have either attended or still attend and I couldn't ask for a better set of teachers, principal, or school.

Posted May 08, 2009

John I Meister Elementary School 0

Posted September 24, 2008
My son went to Meister from 2004 - 2007. He loved it there, I was on the PTO and I loved it there. Ms. Wojcik really cares about the kids. What a great place!

Posted November 28, 2007
My son started kindergarden at meister.When you walk in the school in the morning everyone is smiling and they greet you.They play relaxation music which I like.They really care about the kids.

John I Meister Elementary School 3

Posted August 09, 2007
It is a nice school, the bad part is that it is overseen by a mismanaged group of individuals in the River Forest school system, it needs to be incorporated into either the Hobart School System or the Lake Station School system, until then this school system has it's own sets of rules and guidelines that may hurt a child's growth.

Posted August 06, 2007

Posted April 24, 2005

Posted December 10, 2004
Due to a job transfer to the area, my child had to attend this school. My first experience with the school was quite negative and I was not looking forward to his first day. I was however, very pleasantly suprised. Upon arrival, the principal personally meet with us and reviewed my child's transfer paperwork. My child was personally escorted to the classroom by the principal where the welcome nearly brought tears to my eyes. Since then I have enjoyed the open door policy of the school and have had all my phone calls and questions promptly answered. As a result of this dynamic staff, my child, who was once an average student, is now thriving. I will update when the ISTEP test result arrive within a few weeks but I have every confidence that they will be better than ever. B+ for this school.

John I Meister Elementary School
3300 Jay St, Hobart, IN  46342
Last modified John I Meister Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John I Meister Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.