Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

I don't want to speak in general about all teachers there. We've had good teachers up until the last 2 years. It seems like the older the kids get, the teachers are less helpful . It appears as though they think they're coddling them if they actually help and teach them.

I understand the teachers have more children than I do, but I feel the days of teachers reaching out when you're child is struggline are long gone. For the last two years I have an intelligent child with all A's and B's, show signs of struggling. This year to the point that some D's and F's have come home on work. I have had to reach out to find out what's going on. And after I did, and received some advice (but no offer of help) from the teacher, I was even more concerned. Her answers were only for us at home...computer games and websites etc. What happened to teaching? I can only help my child to a certain degree. I did not go to school to teach and have a hard time trying to explain. The ONE thing she did offer to do to help seems more like punishment to him because he's called out and has to sit in the hallway, by himself, and read during recess? How is that helpful? Children have short attention spans...so instead of helping them, have them miss recess and sit by themselves and read? Makes no sense. I should have went with my gut instict prior to Kindergarten and signed up for Rosa Parks. I feel like the children are falling through the cracks here and the parents are expected to teach the kids where the teachers fail to and that the teachers place all responsibility on parents instead of forming a team to ensure kids progress as they should.

Great school. We are very glad that our children have been able to attend Abraham Lincoln ES.

I used to attend this school back in 2011, for all 5 years of elementary. It changed dramatically throughout the years. Education was very fun and creative up to about fourth grade, when I began getting bullied. In fifth grade it got very bad, to the point where I was ostracized in the teachers' obvious viewpoint and they took no action. I was being taunted in front of them, and no action was taken. My mother also knew of this, but nothing happened. I really see now how big of an issue that is. This school was very lovely at my time there, but they need to step up their plans on how to take action.

The staff shows very little creativity. It appears that they're just going through the motions. Very displeased as a whole! Absolutely no leadership from the principal.

This school has dramatically dropped in the last 2 years. My son is in second grade and I have yet to see a spelling test, math test and only brings drawings home. Teacher says half the class is failing. My son only writes in a journal and does NOT practice handwriting. If you want extra help plan on getting a tutor for the evening. Lack of communication on the principle and teachers. School work consists of Razkids.com and spellcity.com on the computer. Math as well. Teachers have great personalities although aren't "teaching". My son is doing the same work as first graders at other Perry Township schools. This breaks my heart since I am an involved parent with A.L and try to keep communication with the staff. I see work from other kids after school and their writing and reading is so advanced compared to my second grader. Also if the teacher cut spelling words to only 5 easy words a week vs. 10 regular words because 1/2 class was failing. I demanded 10 of the same words and he has NO trouble spelling the "hard" words. BTW he has a C in spelling. That is failing yet no letter or email home to show concern. Plan on changing schools ASAP. Truly sad I had high hopes.

As a parent of 2 Children that go to this school i personally love it. My 3rd grader has grown dramatically and is doing excellent under the supervision of his teacher. Who is also a wonderful person. My kindergartener is learning all sorts of things. She always comes home singing about one color/letter/number or another. Her teacher is also very helpful and supportive as well. The school has done everything they can to help ensure that my children succeed. They enjoy going to school and are excited to get up and go every morning. nothing speaks more volumes than that. My children are happy here and i am happy with their progress. So much so that when we move i am picking a place where they can keep going to this school! I give Abraham Lincoln an A++

This school has an excellent staff and they are guided by a highly qualified administration team. I have worked with the Lincoln staff for several years and they are always eager to deepen their knowledge about literacy. This knowledge helps them in their day to day instructional decisions. This staff works each day to meet the needs of this highly diverse school community. Each child is taught and seen as an individual.

My daughter is a teacher at Lincoln. I know first hand how dedicated she is at her job. She works very hard to provide the best education possible for her first graders.

I have seen positive changes at this school, however there is much much room to improve staff wise here. It needs to be a 'do as I do' NOT 'do as I say'. There needs to be a positive enforcement. So, when you would like for a student to say please and thank you or not yell, then the teachers might practive what they preach. This shouldnt be an assembly line. Learning should be fun and enjoyable.

Last modified Abraham Lincoln Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.