Posted July 14, 2014
I am the grandmother of a soon to be 2nd grader. My granddaughter has flourished at Douglas MacArthur. The amount she has learned through first grade is staggering. The staff is amazing the way they can teach so many students, even with many that have English as a second language. The teachers, principal and staff truly care for the students!

Douglas Macarthur Elementary School 3

Posted July 07, 2013
I am glad we are getting a new principal here. We experienced a 2nd grade teacher at this school who bullied my child, and Mr. Craig did not take this seriously. The woman who bullied my child seems to have a mental problem, has severe mood swings, little patience, and should not be working with 7 year old children. My child had never had a problem with another teacher. I pray that this year she will be blessed with a better teacher.

Posted April 30, 2010
This is my first experience with Perry Township schools so I was not sure which elementary school to send my Kindergartner to. I am so happy that we chose Douglas MacArthur as our school. My daughter gets a first class education and plenty of teacher/student attention. She has made wonderful friendships and has truly bonded with these skilled educators. I strongly recommend this elementary school!

Douglas Macarthur Elementary School 3

Posted March 07, 2010
I have a child in DM. While I admit the school is not a pit into which children fall and never come out, I'm torn when seeing the record of the township on Special Needs students. This school in particular does not handle special education well at all! They aren't alone in the district by any means, but it was a disappointment in this case. The way they teach responsibility is fabulous, and Mr. Craig is a caring man. Any problems DM has I would say are township wide issues. The problem is Perry Schools. They are becoming sub par.

Posted February 09, 2010
Duglas MacArthur is a wonderful school. Education, safety, respect and accountability are all high priorities when it comes to MacArthur. The teaching staff is both wonderful and consistent. The principal, Mr. Craig, knows each and every child by name and truly cares about the education they receive from MacArthur. I strongly recommend this school!

Posted February 13, 2009
I absolutely love Douglas MacArthur! I transferred my daughter there from private schooling and have never regretted the decision. She has flourished at DM. The principal, Mr. Craig is absolutely fabulous. He treats the children with respect and discipline. A wonderful mentor! The teachers are fantastic. There isn't a bad one in the bunch! They take pride in what they do and it shows. From the instant you walk in the front door to the time you walk out, you can feel the warmth and comfort that sets Douglas MacArthur apart from the rest. This is a superb educational facility. Switching to DM was a life changing moment for my daughter. I thank God everyday for this wonderful place and the people who make it possible.

Posted April 14, 2008

Douglas Macarthur Elementary School 0

Posted March 04, 2008
Douglas MacArthur is the best school in Perry Township. My daughter attended there k-5 and loved it! The children feel cared about and are missed when not there!! The principal takes the time out to learn every childs name and can put it with their faces. This alone makes the children feel very important. Douglas MacArthur also have many opportunities for parents, students and staff to come together in fun and educational events. The school also focus's on the Nature of things, which helps our children to respect our environment, learn about our environment, and work hands on in the schools garden. This school is highly recommended!! We miss it greatly!!

Douglas Macarthur Elementary School 2

Posted August 26, 2005

Douglas Macarthur Elementary School 4

Posted June 28, 2004
I have had 4 children in this school over the past 8 years. This is a wonderful place to learn and grow. The teachers are superb and the principal is top notch. Parental involvement abounds! The school is safe and the curriculum is adequately suited to meet the needs of the children. I have yet to find something to complain about with this school.

Douglas Macarthur Elementary School
454 East Stop 11 Road, Indianapolis, IN  46227
Last modified Douglas Macarthur Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Douglas Macarthur Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.