Indianapolis, IN

Posted March 20, 2015
I feel since first day of school alot of the staff walk around with bad attitudes or speak to the children poorly. My child in a kindergardner and I came to see him for lunch a few times and have randomly dropped by a few times and I observe how the staff interact with the children and when someone is watching they are great but when no one is watching they speak to the children in negative tones yell and make demands I was not happy with this at all. There are also 30+ children per class and it is very easy for children to get distracted and that makes it also hard for them to learn. Front desk ladies always have an attitude when you ask a question. My childs teacher how ever is great and she does work well with him and keeps us informed on his progress. The bus driver also is very rude, overall I am not satisfied with this school, the test scores for the students are low and when I asked why the front desk woman informed me that it was "because of the students". We are moving so thank goodness for that, we are looking forward to placing our child in Douglas Mcaurther and hopefully will have a better expeirance there.

Homecroft Elementary School 1

Posted December 10, 2014
My daughter started out at Henry Burkhart at the beginning of the school year, and got transferred here. She's disabled. This school just throws her in the special education class, that does multiplication... in 2nd grade! She was in a regular class at Burkhart learning how to count money. This is a child that struggled with her basic math, that made a D on her report card. Bukhart was getting her grades raised, I bet Homecroft wont beable to do that. Homecroft wont do all the hard work Burkhart did!!! They totally ignored her IEP I brought in the same day I enrolled her! I really don't feel they care about my daughter at all. She hates this school, as so do I!

Posted October 13, 2014
My son comes home complaining how much he doesn't want to go to school. He says whenever he tries to keep another student out of trouble for breaking the rules he gets in trouble and his citizens grade goes down. His first day there another student attacked him leaving scratches and bruises and nothing was done or reported about it. Get a better teacher student policy.

Posted May 28, 2014
The staff goes above and beyond for the love of their students. The administration is ok. They say they care but they only care about scores. They arent very unorganized. Not sure why, but there are a unusually high number of male teachers. If your kid does well with men, this is your school.

Posted January 16, 2014
Homecroft is a great school. Mrs. Poynter goes above and beyond making my child comfortable, happy to learn, and helping her do her best. All the teachers and staff have been helpful and when problems did come up quick to help solve them. We love the new teaching methods! Keep it up. The problem that they can't fix though is parent involvement. More parents should be here to support their kids.

Homecroft Elementary School 1

Posted January 15, 2014
Homecroft used to be a good school under the old administration. Now, their Istep marks have decreased dramatically. As a result,, starting in third grade, the children are no longer receiving a quality education. They are being trained how to take Istep. Everything revolves around Istep. Parents were not told that their child was one of several who was labeled a failure before they even took the test and we're being taken out of class everyday to attend remediation classes. We paid book rental for books (science and social studies) that they have never opened. Let's not forget the humiliation they felt being pulled out of class in front of others and labeled as slow or stupid. We found this out from the children. Trying to talk to the administration and staff is a joke. They are only concerned about funding and how the low scores will affect the almighty dollar. They are getting a surprise. More than they suspect are pulling their children out of Homecroft. We are pulling our child and putting him in private school as I am sure most Perry schools are like this. Save your time and money and avoid Perry Township schools. Don't learn the hard way like we did.

Posted May 17, 2012
Great schools! Great teachers! My kids have attended since kindergarten and will finish 5th grade this year. They have received a lot of support throughout the years, specially the one that has autism. Special Ed staff has always worked extra hard and I don't have the words to express all my gratitude to them. Really great school, I would recommend it in a heartbeat! One time when my child was in 1st grade and he was sick, the teacher came to our home to visit and see if he was doing ok; she also brought him a coloring book. That was the most amazing thing I could ever ask for-teachers that actually enjoy their jobs and are willing to go above and beyond expectations. Thank you very much, my kids will miss Homecroft a lot.

Posted June 13, 2011
Homecroft is a fantastic neighborhood elementary school. The administration and teachers are very friendly and have built a wonderful community among the whole staff. We appreciate the diverse student body, and the teachers do a nice job of challenging students at a wide range of ability levels. We considered several other schooling options, but we are very glad that we chose Homecroft.

Posted February 19, 2009
My husband and I love how our son , who is in second grade,is excited about going to school. Mrs. Fletcher goes above and beyond to make his educational experience exciting.

Posted March 26, 2008
The school is great my kids like the teacher 's and staff it first year for use .we like it alot . submitted by laurie jenkins

Homecroft Elementary School
1551 Southview Drive, Indianapolis, IN  46227
Last modified Homecroft Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Homecroft Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top