355eb268b720c18c96d16a62255deb081f4bfe82-130

Help this school win $5,000
by posting a review

Homecroft Elementary School 4253913 5

Posted January 16, 2014
Homecroft is a great school. Mrs. Poynter goes above and beyond making my child comfortable, happy to learn, and helping her do her best. All the teachers and staff have been helpful and when problems did come up quick to help solve them. We love the new teaching methods! Keep it up. The problem that they can't fix though is parent involvement. More parents should be here to support their kids.

Homecroft Elementary School 5412572 1

Posted January 15, 2014
Homecroft used to be a good school under the old administration. Now, their Istep marks have decreased dramatically. As a result,, starting in third grade, the children are no longer receiving a quality education. They are being trained how to take Istep. Everything revolves around Istep. Parents were not told that their child was one of several who was labeled a failure before they even took the test and we're being taken out of class everyday to attend remediation classes. We paid book rental for books (science and social studies) that they have never opened. Let's not forget the humiliation they felt being pulled out of class in front of others and labeled as slow or stupid. We found this out from the children. Trying to talk to the administration and staff is a joke. They are only concerned about funding and how the low scores will affect the almighty dollar. They are getting a surprise. More than they suspect are pulling their children out of Homecroft. We are pulling our child and putting him in private school as I am sure most Perry schools are like this. Save your time and money and avoid Perry Township schools. Don't learn the hard way like we did.

Homecroft Elementary School 4804851 5

Posted May 17, 2012
Great schools! Great teachers! My kids have attended since kindergarten and will finish 5th grade this year. They have received a lot of support throughout the years, specially the one that has autism. Special Ed staff has always worked extra hard and I don't have the words to express all my gratitude to them. Really great school, I would recommend it in a heartbeat! One time when my child was in 1st grade and he was sick, the teacher came to our home to visit and see if he was doing ok; she also brought him a coloring book. That was the most amazing thing I could ever ask for-teachers that actually enjoy their jobs and are willing to go above and beyond expectations. Thank you very much, my kids will miss Homecroft a lot.

Homecroft Elementary School 4567043 5

Posted June 13, 2011
Homecroft is a fantastic neighborhood elementary school. The administration and teachers are very friendly and have built a wonderful community among the whole staff. We appreciate the diverse student body, and the teachers do a nice job of challenging students at a wide range of ability levels. We considered several other schooling options, but we are very glad that we chose Homecroft.

Homecroft Elementary School 2476087 5

Posted September 08, 2009

Homecroft Elementary School 3475745 5

Posted February 19, 2009
My husband and I love how our son , who is in second grade,is excited about going to school. Mrs. Fletcher goes above and beyond to make his educational experience exciting.

Homecroft Elementary School 2929410 5

Posted March 26, 2008
The school is great my kids like the teacher 's and staff it first year for use .we like it alot . submitted by laurie jenkins

Homecroft Elementary School 2777054 5

Posted March 20, 2008
Posted March 20, 2008 This is our 5th year at this school. It's great to see a faculity that love their jobs. It shows! Submitted by Roxann Pattison

Homecroft Elementary School 2359267 0

Posted October 23, 2007
We came from another school in this district and are very pleased with the school as a whole. Special Education teachers are very well trained and want feedback from parents as to how to best serve our children. This did not happen at the other school we came from. I really love this school and the staff.

Homecroft Elementary School 2565687 1

Posted September 05, 2007
This school is willing to put administration needs above the students. I am very unhappy with this school and can't wait to move out the district so my son will be in a better environment.

GreatSchools, Inc. 1999 Harrison Street, Suite 1100, Oakland, CA 94612

©1998-2014 GreatSchools Inc. All Rights Reserved. GreatSchools is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization | Ad Choices

Homecroft Elementary School
1551 Southview Drive, Indianapolis, IN  46227
Homecroft Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews.