Homecroft Elementary School 2

Posted May 28, 2014
The staff goes above and beyond for the love of their students. The administration is ok. They say they care but they only care about scores. They arent very unorganized. Not sure why, but there are a unusually high number of male teachers. If your kid does well with men, this is your school.

Posted January 16, 2014
Homecroft is a great school. Mrs. Poynter goes above and beyond making my child comfortable, happy to learn, and helping her do her best. All the teachers and staff have been helpful and when problems did come up quick to help solve them. We love the new teaching methods! Keep it up. The problem that they can't fix though is parent involvement. More parents should be here to support their kids.

Homecroft Elementary School 1

Posted January 15, 2014
Homecroft used to be a good school under the old administration. Now, their Istep marks have decreased dramatically. As a result,, starting in third grade, the children are no longer receiving a quality education. They are being trained how to take Istep. Everything revolves around Istep. Parents were not told that their child was one of several who was labeled a failure before they even took the test and we're being taken out of class everyday to attend remediation classes. We paid book rental for books (science and social studies) that they have never opened. Let's not forget the humiliation they felt being pulled out of class in front of others and labeled as slow or stupid. We found this out from the children. Trying to talk to the administration and staff is a joke. They are only concerned about funding and how the low scores will affect the almighty dollar. They are getting a surprise. More than they suspect are pulling their children out of Homecroft. We are pulling our child and putting him in private school as I am sure most Perry schools are like this. Save your time and money and avoid Perry Township schools. Don't learn the hard way like we did.

Posted May 17, 2012
Great schools! Great teachers! My kids have attended since kindergarten and will finish 5th grade this year. They have received a lot of support throughout the years, specially the one that has autism. Special Ed staff has always worked extra hard and I don't have the words to express all my gratitude to them. Really great school, I would recommend it in a heartbeat! One time when my child was in 1st grade and he was sick, the teacher came to our home to visit and see if he was doing ok; she also brought him a coloring book. That was the most amazing thing I could ever ask for-teachers that actually enjoy their jobs and are willing to go above and beyond expectations. Thank you very much, my kids will miss Homecroft a lot.

Posted June 13, 2011
Homecroft is a fantastic neighborhood elementary school. The administration and teachers are very friendly and have built a wonderful community among the whole staff. We appreciate the diverse student body, and the teachers do a nice job of challenging students at a wide range of ability levels. We considered several other schooling options, but we are very glad that we chose Homecroft.

Posted September 08, 2009

Posted February 19, 2009
My husband and I love how our son , who is in second grade,is excited about going to school. Mrs. Fletcher goes above and beyond to make his educational experience exciting.

Posted March 26, 2008
The school is great my kids like the teacher 's and staff it first year for use .we like it alot . submitted by laurie jenkins

Posted March 20, 2008
Posted March 20, 2008 This is our 5th year at this school. It's great to see a faculity that love their jobs. It shows! Submitted by Roxann Pattison

Homecroft Elementary School 0

Posted October 23, 2007
We came from another school in this district and are very pleased with the school as a whole. Special Education teachers are very well trained and want feedback from parents as to how to best serve our children. This did not happen at the other school we came from. I really love this school and the staff.

Homecroft Elementary School
1551 Southview Drive, Indianapolis, IN  46227
Last modified Homecroft Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Homecroft Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.