930206581c716e154ea7b89008f7de7a4e18a1ec-130

Help this school win $5,000
by posting a review

Southport Middle School 5379204 4

Posted December 08, 2013
I love my principal at SMS. There are some teachers that I hate their teaching style. I pove how we have so many fundraisers. Student of the Month and Cougar Extra Effort Award is sponsored by Texas Roadhouse. The deans are hands on with bullying problems. The counsellers try their best to help. The teachers are absolutely amazing. Go to this school. There are amazing students here too.

Southport Middle School 4972525 1

Posted November 12, 2012
Parents are not provided opportunities to be involved. Bullying is rampant, classes are chaotic and fighting occurs on the regular. I have had to make extraordinary efforts to communicate with teachers as they do not reach out to parents at all. After a year at this school, my daughter could not tell me who the school principal was. That is a serious disconnect. If you have any alternative choice of school, I would recommend you avoid this one for your child's emotional well-being.

Southport Middle School 2195702 1

Posted March 26, 2012
I am a parent of a student at SMS. I have not had a good experience with this school. I recommend going to a different school if you are choosing between multiple schools. The teachers are absent a lot. I do not feel that the teachers are concerned about providing an education. If a student doesn't start out ahead, they will have problems at this school. There is no room for improvement. You are bad or good. It is hard to dig yourself out of a hole. My child makes good grades, but some of the teachers do not like my child. My child can't do anything to please some of the teachers.

Southport Middle School 3539384 5

Posted March 24, 2009
i am a past student at Southport and its a wonderful school Ive met some of the best people you can find the teachers are nice the students are great and the school is magnifecent I'm very happy i chose to attend the school and if i was still in middle school id go back

Southport Middle School 3425431 0

Southport Middle School 2368370 0

Posted June 02, 2007

Southport Middle School 1479794 5

Posted October 06, 2006
Our family has had a wonderful experience at SMS. There are many helpful teachers and staff who all seem very involved in each child's abilities to achieve in all areas of life, not just academics. We have superior music programs, sports programs, after school academic offerings - it's nearly limitless! My children have a difficult time selecting what they want to take for after school programs! I know it isn't a perfect school, none are, but as of this writing, we've had a very positive experience with the school, teachers and staff. I would recommend SMS over other area schools - despite our socioeconomically varied student body, SMS seems to have good student/teacher ratios and is striving to help each child become their best! I love the dress code, too. What a difference it makes. Improvements? Parent involvement is terrible - not the fault of the school though! Involvement is key!

Southport Middle School 1625154 5

Posted May 11, 2006

GreatSchools, Inc. 1999 Harrison Street, Suite 1100, Oakland, CA 94612

©1998-2014 GreatSchools Inc. All Rights Reserved. GreatSchools is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization | Ad Choices

Southport Middle School
5715 South Keystone Avenue, Indianapolis, IN  46227
Southport Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.