Indianapolis, IN
After care: No

Southport Elementary School 2

Posted August 30, 2012
Very upset with the falling education and test scores. I have two daughters who have graduated High School and at the time SES was a very good school.Now I have a 5th and 2nd grader and I am not happy with the education they are receiving. My 5th grader is doing OK his ISTEP scores were at and above average but I still feel he is not getting the learning he needs to understand certain curriculmns. My 2nd grader on the other hand struggles daily, I have been complaining about his reading skills and math skills since kindergarten. I feel every teacher has blown me off, they say oh he's doing fine then come back to me saying well he is struggling.They did away with the reading program and told me it wasn't in the budget yet some kids stayed after class because of poor reading skills,I was never offered this option. Because we are now a school with a high population of Chin families, I feel there are kids being left behinde due to the language barrier with these kids and the parents. I see alot of focus on them because the parents can not read or speak english.My son complained the Chin kids don't receive the same amount of homework as he does,this was confirmed by a PTA parent,etc.

Posted September 07, 2007

Posted February 23, 2007
As a SES parent, I am extremely impressed with not only the staff, but also the student and parent involvement. The lines of communication are always open, the availability of challenging academic opportunities and extracurricular activities is fantastic and the quality of the staff is unsurpassed. Great job Southport!

Posted August 04, 2004
SES is an excellent elementary school. My daughter is ADHD and has received a tremendous amount of support from faculty and staff. Her language and reading abilities improve remarkably every year with the help of teachers like Ms. Kelly Allen in the LD program. You will not regret sending your child here.

Southport Elementary School
261 Anniston Drive, Indianapolis, IN  46227
Last modified Southport Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Southport Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top