Posted August 28, 2014
My older daughter that about graduate went burkhart she got a real high iq i don't think she would if it wasn't for them my youngest is in second grade she a challenge but got her pass what she should be they work with the kids and make sure they are pose be where they are at only thing I have a problem is the bullying and the way they handle it but kids be kids I quess

Posted September 27, 2013
My son just started Kindergarten at Burkhart Elementary this year & so far, I am very impressed with the school. The principle, teachers, & staff have been so helpful & have addressed any questions or concerns I have had. I would like others to know how important & crucial education is for our children, after all, they ARE our future. I think Burkhart Elementary is doing an amazing job helping shape & educate our children. I also admire & respect ALL of the teachers & staff for their service. I think they have one of the hardest jobs in the world & I would recommend Burkhart Elementary to anyone in Perry Township who is looking for a great school.

Posted April 25, 2013
My daughter is currently a student at Burkhart and we love this school! We've had an amazing experience there. My child was not excited about starting school and though she is very intelligent I feared she would never be an exceptional student because she is very stubborn and simply didn't care. But she is flourishing at excelling at Burkhart. I am amazed at what a wonderful student they have formed her into and how much she has learned in the last two years there. She's finishing up her first grade year in a few weeks and is reading above grade level and understands concepts like fractions and basic geometry. The teachers are amazing and administration is fabulous as well, I couldn't be happier with the education provided and experience gained at Burkhart!

William Henry Burkhart Elementary School 3

Posted November 01, 2012
My wife (who is a licensed teacher in Indiana) and I would like to learn more about how this rating was established, we both feel it does not accurately represent what is happening in the classrooms, either academically or from a behavioral standpoint. My daughter (who was selected to participate in Burkhart's equivalent of a 'gifted' program) was being constantly bullied physically and emotionally during recess by bigger kids in her own class and grade. She has always been one of the smallest kids in her class. We approached her teacher first and then the current Burkhart principal, who would do nothing....nothing. The principal even went so far as to inform my wife that if he didn't see it, then it didn't really happen. My daughter became afraid to attend due to the bullying she received at this school under the supervision of the staff at Burkhart Elementary. We finally decided to pull her out and she is doing much better at Hoosier Academies, where they are actually teaching her more. She remains in the equivalent of an accelerated program at Hoosier Academies and continues to be a gifted and prolific reader.

Posted September 01, 2009

William Henry Burkhart Elementary School 2

Posted September 19, 2006

William Henry Burkhart Elementary School 3

Posted October 18, 2005
Acedemia seems more pointed towards liberal arts rather than basic education cores. We have never been contacted for any pro-active involvement.

Posted October 29, 2004
Burkhart Elementary places a huge emphasis on reading. I have a daughter there now and she has become so enthusiastic about reading. This school will place your child according to his or her abilities, in a group that works for them. It is a small school and all of the teachers really care about their students. I am thankful for schools like Burkhart.

Posted February 20, 2004
I believe that Burkhart is wonderful. My daughter went through Burkhart and now is excelling at Perry Meridian, now my son is in first grade, and I have nothing but wonderful experiences.

William Henry Burkhart Elementary School
5701 Brill Road, Indianapolis, IN  46227
Last modified William Henry Burkhart Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William Henry Burkhart Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.