Posted August 25, 2015
Let's just start off by saying this school is so unorganized. My kids have been going to the school for two years and yet they still don't have the correct contact information. I have been getting bad pink card after pink card over nitpicking this is about a month into school I appreciate that these teachers are teaching my kids, but in the same breath I have a certain teacher that is faulting my child for crying and marking it as a behavior issue. If you can avoid this School I suggest you do so! As stated from a post from 2011, the teachers and staff stick together instead of holding these teachers accountable for their rude behavior to the parents and students.

Amount of homework: Too much

For 4th graders I would say too much 45 pages after being in school all day

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 25, 2015
What this school fails to do is get to know their students and is more concerned with the appearance and getting a higher grade. Overall the school has been a 3 out of 10 and now I understand why.

Winchester Village Elementary School 5

Posted July 22, 2015
A very nice educational experience, and the lessons have stuck with me through the years.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 22, 2015
I went to school here, as a kid, and moved away in the middle of 4th grade, but the teachers had a great impact on me, as I still remember their names and highlights to this day. There is about 2-4 teachers per grade, and each are amazing. A very nice school, with an awesome educational system.

Posted February 17, 2014
My grandson is a student at Winchester Village, let me start by saying that he has been harassed this entire school year. They have a teachers aide that spends her day acusing this 5 year old child of one infraction after another. Friday evening he informed me that he did not receive any Valentine's because he was talking in the lunch room and had to spend the day in the office. This is a 5 year old child. It seems to me that this 20 somethings ego is more important to her than the children. At this point if indeed the harassment continues, I will be forced to contact an attorney to file discrimination charges against the school and the teachers. This child is highly intellegent and is not being challenged in this environment. Submitted by a concerned grandmother!

Posted November 08, 2011
I had my 2nd grader in Winchester Village & recently just withdrew her from there because of conflict(s) with her teacher's ego. The staff will protect their teacher's over the children. They segregate children into groups (the stronger vs. the rest left behind). I would volunteer & got to see for myself the lack of teaching that goes on there. I would have to repeat the same concerns over & over trying to get them to help my daughter be a better, more successful student. They don't like it when you go to them & try to help. They take it as an attack on their teaching, rather than skills or tools to help with your child. Not structured classes & bogus "Centers" that really are children teaching themselves or rather cheating &playing around. They have a lunch policy that makes me think they don't like children. They'll make your child walk 2 laps for talking during lunch time & 4 times if caught again & the 3rd, well the Principals office. I bet they talk in the teacher's lounge!! They leave children behind & placate the parents. I've even heard teacher's yelling at students giving them a tongue lashing. I do not recommend this school for any student with a learning disability.

Winchester Village Elementary School 5

Posted July 17, 2011
Let me just start off by saying that I, myself attended Winchester as a child. My previous school burned down (a private Christian school) and this was the elementary school in our district. My has been there since kindergart & is now going into 4th grade. My daugher is going into 1st. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE SCHOOL & ADORE THE STAFF. Winchester is a FAMILY. That's how the ENTIRE staff treats EACH & EVERY student. There aren't any "favorites". What I consider AWESOME is that THE ENTIRE OFFICE STAFF knows each & every child by name. (Huge BENEFIT of being a small school.) My son has Aperger's along w/a few other "issues". My dauughter also has aa few "issues" of her own. Winchester is the "PERFECT SCHOOL" for that kind of situation. I would not trade schools for ANYTHING. Thank you WINCHESTER STAFF for being SOOO WONDERFUL & treating my children AS IF THEY WERE YOUR OWN. You are truly special. EACH & EVERYONE OF YOU.

Winchester Village Elementary School 4

Posted February 27, 2011
This is the second year my children have attended WV. Their teachers have been nothing but caring and professional. I volunteer at the school as well. I can honestly say most of their classmates know my name. I have to admit that most days I am there I am glad some of these children are not mine. Their behavior is disrepectful to teachers and their peers. So much time is wasted continuously reprimanding the same children. I just wish more adults were involved with their child's education.

Winchester Village Elementary School 4

Posted January 19, 2010
My son is a Kindergartener at Winchester Village and his teacher always keeps me informed of everything, has worked with him a lot and is always willing to help more. Everyone at Winchester is very helpful and is always goig above & beyond. For a little boy who never went to daycare, he is doing awesome thanks to his wonderful teacher, Mrs. Buscemi.

1900 East Stop 12 Road, Indianapolis, IN  46227
Last modified Winchester Village Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Winchester Village Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top