Posted February 17, 2014
My grandson is a student at Winchester Village, let me start by saying that he has been harassed this entire school year. They have a teachers aide that spends her day acusing this 5 year old child of one infraction after another. Friday evening he informed me that he did not receive any Valentine's because he was talking in the lunch room and had to spend the day in the office. This is a 5 year old child. It seems to me that this 20 somethings ego is more important to her than the children. At this point if indeed the harassment continues, I will be forced to contact an attorney to file discrimination charges against the school and the teachers. This child is highly intellegent and is not being challenged in this environment. Submitted by a concerned grandmother!

Posted November 08, 2011
I had my 2nd grader in Winchester Village & recently just withdrew her from there because of conflict(s) with her teacher's ego. The staff will protect their teacher's over the children. They segregate children into groups (the stronger vs. the rest left behind). I would volunteer & got to see for myself the lack of teaching that goes on there. I would have to repeat the same concerns over & over trying to get them to help my daughter be a better, more successful student. They don't like it when you go to them & try to help. They take it as an attack on their teaching, rather than skills or tools to help with your child. Not structured classes & bogus "Centers" that really are children teaching themselves or rather cheating &playing around. They have a lunch policy that makes me think they don't like children. They'll make your child walk 2 laps for talking during lunch time & 4 times if caught again & the 3rd, well the Principals office. I bet they talk in the teacher's lounge!! They leave children behind & placate the parents. I've even heard teacher's yelling at students giving them a tongue lashing. I do not recommend this school for any student with a learning disability.

Winchester Village Elementary School 5

Posted July 17, 2011
Let me just start off by saying that I, myself attended Winchester as a child. My previous school burned down (a private Christian school) and this was the elementary school in our district. My has been there since kindergart & is now going into 4th grade. My daugher is going into 1st. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE SCHOOL & ADORE THE STAFF. Winchester is a FAMILY. That's how the ENTIRE staff treats EACH & EVERY student. There aren't any "favorites". What I consider AWESOME is that THE ENTIRE OFFICE STAFF knows each & every child by name. (Huge BENEFIT of being a small school.) My son has Aperger's along w/a few other "issues". My dauughter also has aa few "issues" of her own. Winchester is the "PERFECT SCHOOL" for that kind of situation. I would not trade schools for ANYTHING. Thank you WINCHESTER STAFF for being SOOO WONDERFUL & treating my children AS IF THEY WERE YOUR OWN. You are truly special. EACH & EVERYONE OF YOU.

Winchester Village Elementary School 4

Posted February 27, 2011
This is the second year my children have attended WV. Their teachers have been nothing but caring and professional. I volunteer at the school as well. I can honestly say most of their classmates know my name. I have to admit that most days I am there I am glad some of these children are not mine. Their behavior is disrepectful to teachers and their peers. So much time is wasted continuously reprimanding the same children. I just wish more adults were involved with their child's education.

Winchester Village Elementary School 4

Posted January 19, 2010
My son is a Kindergartener at Winchester Village and his teacher always keeps me informed of everything, has worked with him a lot and is always willing to help more. Everyone at Winchester is very helpful and is always goig above & beyond. For a little boy who never went to daycare, he is doing awesome thanks to his wonderful teacher, Mrs. Buscemi.

Posted October 15, 2008
I am very upset with this school. My child is hyper and the school does not seem to understand how to help him learn. They have asked about his doctor and brought up medicating him many times. The first time was the third day!! He gets into trouble and everyday I have to throw away candy that they bribe him with! I knew it would be hard but I also thought they would know how to help him learn instead of him working them. I'm so frustrated with this school I actually found this site looking for a new one.

Winchester Village Elementary School 0

Posted August 04, 2008
My son attended this school for 2 years and we absolutely loved it! The principal, office staff, and my son's teachers were all wonderful!

Winchester Village Elementary School 3

Posted December 21, 2007

Winchester Village Elementary School 0

Posted August 02, 2007
This is a wonderful school. We moved here from New Castle and within a couple days, the faculty knew me by name when I walked in the door. They have been nothing but helpful and my kids have blossomed while attending. My oldest got honor roll for the first time ever after just 2 grading periods. Every concern I have had has been handled immediately and they are very good about parent involvement and making sure the kids are taken care of. I have no complaints. I've been through a lot of school systems and the faculty here is by far the best. Mr. Rohl (principal) is the most involved I have ever seen and he goes above and beyond for each child.

Winchester Village Elementary School 2

Posted April 26, 2006
I have not been real inpressed with this school my 3 childeren went to southport elem. and was a lot better with my kids. I can say that when I went to the school to inroll them we were treated well but we have had problems with some of the teachers.

Winchester Village Elementary School
1900 East Stop 12 Road, Indianapolis, IN  46227
Last modified Winchester Village Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Winchester Village Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.