Bad
Good

Guion Creek Elementary School 2

Posted April 26, 2015
As a new family to this school we had high hopes. The facility was new and clean and the principal seemed engaged. Boy were we wrong. We were told by a past teacher at the school to send our kids elsewhere. This year has been tough for both my kids and they have asked to change schools. No clubs or activities they can be involved in before/after school. No academic awards (honor rolls) for them to work towards. So many rules. No fun days like other schools except a hat day that really wasn't because somewhere in the building there was testing and it was a distraction. Kids could only wear them on the bus. No dances or movie nights or any fun PTA type activities. Testing takes priority over EVERYTHING! It's not this bad at other schools. Communication with teachers on class work is hard. The district uses Skyward and it is a useless tool. Teachers tell parents not to help students with new math because it confuses them. Bulling is an issue everyday at this school and the bus ride is worse. We've moved quite a few times and this is the worst experience we've ever had at any of the schools they've attended. I do not recommend this school at all.

Guion Creek Elementary School 4

Posted November 20, 2014
Both my children attend Guion Creek Elementary. My youngest is in the Early Childhood program. While it has gone through some changes in a couple of years, it is far better than any daycare I've had my children attend. They truly prepare my 3 yr old for the standards of elementary school. The teachers are engaging & passionate about what they do. I really appreciate the level of attention they give to each child. This is consistent with the Kindergarten classes as well, in which my oldest attends. The preschool properly prepared my (now) Kindergarten & he is already reading level 1 books & doing simple math problems. They've only been in school for 3 months! I'm amazed at all that they're learning. The principal is also very involved. I see her in the morning greeting the students. She's always at dinner fundraisers talking with both the parents & kids. We chose this school for just those reasons & luckily have not been disappointed! They also have great communication & encourage parental involvement. Two Thumbs up G.C.E.S!

Guion Creek Elementary School 4

Posted July 20, 2013
My kids have attended this school for four years and every year we continue to be impressed with not only the teaching staff, but the administrative AND support staff. Everyone here is helpful and friendly, including the custodians. An environment I feel good about sending my kids to every day.

Guion Creek Elementary School 5

Posted June 20, 2013
Teachers are great and really want your child to learn. The principal and vice-principal are awesome as well.

Guion Creek Elementary School 5

Posted March 12, 2013
Teachers are all amazing here. They are constantly working together to make the best and funnest lesson plans to get the kids to learn things easier and keep special songs in the kids mind to retain information. The teachers are very active with the students and like to keep things hands on. The administrative people are just as helpful and fun to keep the school a safe and happy place to want to learn.

Guion Creek Elementary School
4301 West 52nd Street, Indianapolis, IN  46254
Last modified Guion Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Guion Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top