Bad
Good

Eagle Creek Elementary is a fantastic school! We have had 3 children attend this school and have had excellent teachers and staff each and every year. Without going into specifics, I have witnessed multiple instances of dignity and respect shown to children from the principle, teachers, front desk, and the nurse. Both my husband and I have bachelor degrees, and husband attended private Christian school as a youngster, and we feel this school is akin to a free private school education!

Poor administration from the top down. Although a few good teachers, most have an elitist mentality and act as if they are doing charity work for children in poverty (low expectations). Deplorable special needs programming is typical at Pike, but this school and principle sinks it to a whole other level. However, a good introduction to experience and train your kid for Pike middle and high school. I'd encourage you to observe the kids on the HA classes as compared to the typical classrooms. As the school is so test focused, the emphasis is placed on the HA classrooms and the scores/ratings for this school are screwed as such. This school is everything that is wrong with public education.

Eagle Creek Elementary teaches to the test and nothing but the test. We are fortunate to be able to transfer our children to private school but feel terrible for those without that choice. I understand the pressure the poor teachers and children are under with the testing and school grading system in Indiana, but this school is over the top in regards to the significance testing has on what is taught.

My daughter is in the high ability program (for her to be a part of the program, she had to leave her other school). The transition was a little rough and we were hoping to get more support from teachers/administration, especially in adjusting to school rules and policies. We've had a good experience here, although we're used to more extra-curricular activities, especially with music and library. It's unfortunate that children have to wait until 4th grade to sign up for 'extras'. I do appreciate the strong discipline and clear understanding of rules. I haven't seen or heard about any major disciplining issues in my daughter's classroom or the school for that matter. I feel it's a very safe environment.

I love teaching at this school. The other educators are dedicated and caring. They truly are professional and work hard to meet the needs of their diverse learners. The educators strive to improve, work well together and with administration, and communicate regularly with parents. We have many parents who are involved and volunteer often. Our administration is excellent. They back up teachers and do what is best for kids. We have many afterschool programs as well. I have no plans to leave this school.

My son previously attended this school for speech therapy, his teacher, Ms. Melanie Joy was so caring, attentive and encouraging to all of her students, which had a wide range of disabilities. My son attended another school at that time because was in pre-K. He now has the opportunity to attend as a student. I am very excited!

Eagle Creek Elementary School is outstanding and offers programs for students with a range of academic abilities and interests. This year a program for gifted and talented students has moved to the school and combined with the existing staff, this will take ECES to a new level of excellence. The staff for children with learning disabilities is also excellent. Programs in music, art and physical education are high points as well as the broad family participation in school activities.

Last modified Eagle Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.