Indianapolis, IN
Before care: Yes

Eagle Creek Elementary School 2

Posted April 03, 2013
This school is a disgrace in regards to the low level of support and programs it provides for children with special needs. Please be aware that this will also impact your typically developing child in the classroom if children with special needs are not given the proper assistance. I have experienced nothing but underhanded and dishonest dealings in regards to their special needs programming. Our typically developing child simply does okay. The test scores and high ability program are the biggest push for this school. There are some very talented teachers at this school, but without the support from administration it will continue to lack. Please be forewarned if your child is not high ability or has special needs before attending this school.

Eagle Creek Elementary School 4

Posted December 16, 2009
My daughter is in the high ability program (for her to be a part of the program, she had to leave her other school). The transition was a little rough and we were hoping to get more support from teachers/administration, especially in adjusting to school rules and policies. We've had a good experience here, although we're used to more extra-curricular activities, especially with music and library. It's unfortunate that children have to wait until 4th grade to sign up for 'extras'. I do appreciate the strong discipline and clear understanding of rules. I haven't seen or heard about any major disciplining issues in my daughter's classroom or the school for that matter. I feel it's a very safe environment.

Posted December 02, 2009
I love teaching at this school. The other educators are dedicated and caring. They truly are professional and work hard to meet the needs of their diverse learners. The educators strive to improve, work well together and with administration, and communicate regularly with parents. We have many parents who are involved and volunteer often. Our administration is excellent. They back up teachers and do what is best for kids. We have many afterschool programs as well. I have no plans to leave this school.

Eagle Creek Elementary School 4

Posted May 05, 2008

Eagle Creek Elementary School 0

Posted July 25, 2007
My son previously attended this school for speech therapy, his teacher, Ms. Melanie Joy was so caring, attentive and encouraging to all of her students, which had a wide range of disabilities. My son attended another school at that time because was in pre-K. He now has the opportunity to attend as a student. I am very excited!

Posted July 17, 2007
Eagle Creek Elementary School is outstanding and offers programs for students with a range of academic abilities and interests. This year a program for gifted and talented students has moved to the school and combined with the existing staff, this will take ECES to a new level of excellence. The staff for children with learning disabilities is also excellent. Programs in music, art and physical education are high points as well as the broad family participation in school activities.

Posted July 15, 2004
I was very immpressed with the teachers and the principal, Janet Larr, at this school. There was an air of creativity as well as clear boundaries enforced. If I had it to do all over again, my daughter would still have gone to this school

Eagle Creek Elementary School
6905 West 46th Street, Indianapolis, IN  46254
Last modified Eagle Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Eagle Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top