Indianapolis, IN
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Allisonville Elementary, located in the Metropolitan School District of Washington Township (MSDWT), is situated in the northern section of Indianapolis, Indiana and Marion County. It is a dynamic community with broad diversity in cultures, religions, ethnic groups, races and socioeconomic levels. MSDWT has been an educational leader in Indiana for the last forty years. We hope that beyond this website, you will visit the Washington Township website at http://www.msdwt.k12.in.us/ where you can also access the Allisonville Elementary website, and every website of each of our seven elementary schools, three middle schools, and North Central High School. Beyond our websites, we hope that you will plan a visit to any one of our schools, and see first hand why Washington Township schools are superior schools, in a supportive community. Allisonville Elementary School offers a comprehensive educational curriculum with special activities and programs geared to provide enrichment, exploration, and instructional support for students. Parents have always played an active role in the operations of the district and each school in Washington Township furnishes a Parent Center to accommodate parents visiting the school. North Central High School and the MSDWT has the finest high school curriculum in the State of Indiana. It annually produces the highest number of students taking Advanced Placement exams and scoring high enough to earn college credits. MSDWT s North Central High School was the first high school in Indiana to offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma program. The high school offers programs that allow students to earn the North Central Academic Honor Diploma and the Indiana Academic Honors Diploma. MSDWT provides excellent opportunities for students to participate in outstanding performing arts, fine arts, academic teams, publications, athletics, and other student activities. North Central High School has the distinction of being Indiana s number two high school in the number of Indiana athletic championships. The MSDWT provides quality education in award winning schools built on a foundation of outstanding educators, administrators, school board members, and supportive parents. Our vision is Superior Schools in a Supportive Community. Come and experience tomorrow today in our school district.
December 15, 2014

Posted October 14, 2014
Allisonville is amazing for my child she loves being there but she is unhappy because this is her last year at aves (allisonvelle school) next year she would be older an not a baby any more she is moving on to the 6th grade she will be find she will still be with allisonville just not there she will be an middle school students her new school is Eastwood middle school she is all grown up thank u aves for making my sweet little girl into who she is now I help of course

Posted May 15, 2014
This is one of the best elementary schools I have had the pleasure of experiencing. I am a Military Brat and have seen quite a few. The teachers and staff genuinely care about the children and their education. This is a very large and diverse township with all income levels and walks of life. It's one of the things that make this school so great! Regardless what educational level the student enters, the educators here help them to get to grade level, stay at and then excel past it. Truly amazing work! The school should be graded higher!! I am truly appreciative for all this school has done for both of my children. Thank-you for being great!!!

Posted February 15, 2014
Allisonville is a fantastic school - great leadership, wonderful teachers, enriching diversity, highly engaged parents. It is a very inclusive environment, and as an International Baccalaureate school, it offers an interesting curriculum that encourages cross-discipline learning and helps students to think globally. The Dad's Club organizes and hosts many events each year which provide inexpensive or free family fun. For those concerned with test scores, they can rest easy - Allisonville posts scores that are higher than state average in all or nearly grade levels and categories. I have lost all faith in GreatSchools.org. By any metric, A'ville is certainly higher than a 6 out of ten. This saddens me, because many parents will overlook our and other wonderful schools based on bad information. It's all part of the effort to defame urban and diverse public schools to push the privatization agenda. Please take a minute to research this not-for-profit's funders and you will see what I mean.

Posted September 26, 2013
All three of my children have went to Allisonville and I'm so thankful they were able to attend this school. The staff is so friendly from the janitor to the teachers and the principal is great as well. Parent participation is always so strong the parking lot is full:) My kids were not left behind my oldest was a part of title 1 and my youngest did speech therepy. This school tries to make sure our children are prepared for the rest of their years of their education.

Allisonville Elementary School 4

Posted September 10, 2013
My daughter's school is wonderful,even tho there are so many kids they take the time to know the students. They involve parents in many things and make them feel welcome to visit and join in on activities.

Posted March 10, 2012
I am extremely impressed by the individual attention given to children with some learning difficulties. This Allisonville works to help all students be confident and successful. Recently, my granddaughters teacher took her personal time on a Saturday to come watch her last Upward cheerleading day! That exemplifies the care about Allisonville students.

Posted April 22, 2009
Washington Township is so blessed to have a school like Allisonville Elementary. I have spent the last 25 years of my life, visiting thousands of schools across the United States as part of my job. I am so thrilled to know that the school I am most fond of is the one where my daughter is able to attend. From the principal, Mike Pomerenke all the way to the classrooms themsleves...there a sense of pride that lingers in the hallways. The teachers have pride in their class room families and the students feel their love and respect. All in an upbeat, fun yet very disciplined environment. Allisonville exceeds its reputation and I am proud to not only be graduate of Allisonville in 1979 and now as a parent of a very happy 2nd grader. Thanks Allisonville! Everyone!

Allisonville Elementary School 0

Posted February 04, 2009
My son has learned a lot by attending Allisonville Elementary School. Teachers and administration were great.

Allisonville Elementary School 4

Posted January 15, 2009
Allisonville is a cut above the rest when it comes to parent participation. There are many activities that are offered throughout the year to promote the family unit. It is clear that most of the teachers strive to strech the children and encourage them to reach new heights. The administration works to assure that there is a good balance of academic fortitude and extracurricular experiences for the child. This is our 5th year at Allisonville and we will certainly miss it when we move on next year.

Posted December 03, 2008

Allisonville Elementary School
4900 East 79th Street, Indianapolis, IN  46240
Last modified Allisonville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Allisonville Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top