Streetview?fov=70&size=130x130&location=4900+east+79th+street,indianapolis,in+46240&sensor=false&client=gme-greatschoolsinc&signature=xcijbn0tkh4vzem0tzgeklpbkk0=

Allisonville Elementary School

Help this school win $5,000
by posting a review

Allisonville Elementary School 5451444 5

Posted February 15, 2014
Allisonville is a fantastic school - great leadership, wonderful teachers, enriching diversity, highly engaged parents. It is a very inclusive environment, and as an International Baccalaureate school, it offers an interesting curriculum that encourages cross-discipline learning and helps students to think globally. The Dad's Club organizes and hosts many events each year which provide inexpensive or free family fun. For those concerned with test scores, they can rest easy - Allisonville posts scores that are higher than state average in all or nearly grade levels and categories. I have lost all faith in GreatSchools.org. By any metric, A'ville is certainly higher than a 6 out of ten. This saddens me, because many parents will overlook our and other wonderful schools based on bad information. It's all part of the effort to defame urban and diverse public schools to push the privatization agenda. Please take a minute to research this not-for-profit's funders and you will see what I mean.

Allisonville Elementary School 2108532 5

Posted September 26, 2013
All three of my children have went to Allisonville and I'm so thankful they were able to attend this school. The staff is so friendly from the janitor to the teachers and the principal is great as well. Parent participation is always so strong the parking lot is full:) My kids were not left behind my oldest was a part of title 1 and my youngest did speech therepy. This school tries to make sure our children are prepared for the rest of their years of their education.

Allisonville Elementary School 4696037 4

Posted September 10, 2013
My daughter's school is wonderful,even tho there are so many kids they take the time to know the students. They involve parents in many things and make them feel welcome to visit and join in on activities.

Allisonville Elementary School 3774142 5

Posted September 10, 2012
This is our second year at Allisonville Elementary. We couldn't be more pleased with the school. Everyone has a sense of pride at Allisonville from the administrators to teachers to workers and kids at Allisonville.Having transitioned from a small private school, we were afraid our child would not receive individual attention or be challenged. Nothing could be farther from the truth; teachers get to know the child and his/her needs and abilities. They try, and in our experience, have succeeded in teaching to these individualized abilities and needs. I would recommend this school to anyone. We feel lucky that this is in our district.

Allisonville Elementary School 3106894 5

Posted March 10, 2012
I am extremely impressed by the individual attention given to children with some learning difficulties. This Allisonville works to help all students be confident and successful. Recently, my granddaughters teacher took her personal time on a Saturday to come watch her last Upward cheerleading day! That exemplifies the care about Allisonville students.

Allisonville Elementary School 4122262 5

Posted April 10, 2010
My Daughter attended grades 1 though 5 here and we have had wonderful teachers all!! She will move to Middle School next year and will continue with the advanced program which has really helped to keep her challanged. Thank -you Allisonville for being committed to excellence!

Allisonville Elementary School 3589566 5

Posted April 22, 2009
Washington Township is so blessed to have a school like Allisonville Elementary. I have spent the last 25 years of my life, visiting thousands of schools across the United States as part of my job. I am so thrilled to know that the school I am most fond of is the one where my daughter is able to attend. From the principal, Mike Pomerenke all the way to the classrooms themsleves...there a sense of pride that lingers in the hallways. The teachers have pride in their class room families and the students feel their love and respect. All in an upbeat, fun yet very disciplined environment. Allisonville exceeds its reputation and I am proud to not only be graduate of Allisonville in 1979 and now as a parent of a very happy 2nd grader. Thanks Allisonville! Everyone!

Allisonville Elementary School 3448464 0

Posted February 04, 2009
My son has learned a lot by attending Allisonville Elementary School. Teachers and administration were great.

Allisonville Elementary School 3411461 4

Posted January 15, 2009
Allisonville is a cut above the rest when it comes to parent participation. There are many activities that are offered throughout the year to promote the family unit. It is clear that most of the teachers strive to strech the children and encourage them to reach new heights. The administration works to assure that there is a good balance of academic fortitude and extracurricular experiences for the child. This is our 5th year at Allisonville and we will certainly miss it when we move on next year.

Allisonville Elementary School 3359405 5

Posted December 03, 2008

GreatSchools, Inc. 1999 Harrison Street, Suite 1100, Oakland, CA 94612

©1998-2014 GreatSchools Inc. All Rights Reserved. GreatSchools is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization | Ad Choices

Allisonville Elementary School
4900 East 79th Street, Indianapolis, IN  46240
Allisonville Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 18 reviews.