Posted May 15, 2014
This is one of the best elementary schools I have had the pleasure of experiencing. I am a Military Brat and have seen quite a few. The teachers and staff genuinely care about the children and their education. This is a very large and diverse township with all income levels and walks of life. It's one of the things that make this school so great! Regardless what educational level the student enters, the educators here help them to get to grade level, stay at and then excel past it. Truly amazing work! The school should be graded higher!! I am truly appreciative for all this school has done for both of my children. Thank-you for being great!!!

Posted February 15, 2014
Allisonville is a fantastic school - great leadership, wonderful teachers, enriching diversity, highly engaged parents. It is a very inclusive environment, and as an International Baccalaureate school, it offers an interesting curriculum that encourages cross-discipline learning and helps students to think globally. The Dad's Club organizes and hosts many events each year which provide inexpensive or free family fun. For those concerned with test scores, they can rest easy - Allisonville posts scores that are higher than state average in all or nearly grade levels and categories. I have lost all faith in GreatSchools.org. By any metric, A'ville is certainly higher than a 6 out of ten. This saddens me, because many parents will overlook our and other wonderful schools based on bad information. It's all part of the effort to defame urban and diverse public schools to push the privatization agenda. Please take a minute to research this not-for-profit's funders and you will see what I mean.

Posted September 26, 2013
All three of my children have went to Allisonville and I'm so thankful they were able to attend this school. The staff is so friendly from the janitor to the teachers and the principal is great as well. Parent participation is always so strong the parking lot is full:) My kids were not left behind my oldest was a part of title 1 and my youngest did speech therepy. This school tries to make sure our children are prepared for the rest of their years of their education.

Allisonville Elementary School 4

Posted September 10, 2013
My daughter's school is wonderful,even tho there are so many kids they take the time to know the students. They involve parents in many things and make them feel welcome to visit and join in on activities.

Posted March 10, 2012
I am extremely impressed by the individual attention given to children with some learning difficulties. This Allisonville works to help all students be confident and successful. Recently, my granddaughters teacher took her personal time on a Saturday to come watch her last Upward cheerleading day! That exemplifies the care about Allisonville students.

Posted April 22, 2009
Washington Township is so blessed to have a school like Allisonville Elementary. I have spent the last 25 years of my life, visiting thousands of schools across the United States as part of my job. I am so thrilled to know that the school I am most fond of is the one where my daughter is able to attend. From the principal, Mike Pomerenke all the way to the classrooms themsleves...there a sense of pride that lingers in the hallways. The teachers have pride in their class room families and the students feel their love and respect. All in an upbeat, fun yet very disciplined environment. Allisonville exceeds its reputation and I am proud to not only be graduate of Allisonville in 1979 and now as a parent of a very happy 2nd grader. Thanks Allisonville! Everyone!

Allisonville Elementary School 0

Posted February 04, 2009
My son has learned a lot by attending Allisonville Elementary School. Teachers and administration were great.

Allisonville Elementary School 4

Posted January 15, 2009
Allisonville is a cut above the rest when it comes to parent participation. There are many activities that are offered throughout the year to promote the family unit. It is clear that most of the teachers strive to strech the children and encourage them to reach new heights. The administration works to assure that there is a good balance of academic fortitude and extracurricular experiences for the child. This is our 5th year at Allisonville and we will certainly miss it when we move on next year.

Posted December 03, 2008

Posted October 26, 2008
love our school, great teachers

Allisonville Elementary School
4900 East 79th Street, Indianapolis, IN  46240
Last modified Allisonville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Allisonville Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.