Streetview?fov=70&size=130x130&location=4401+east+62nd+street,indianapolis,in+46220&sensor=false&client=gme-greatschoolsinc&signature=podtpp6rfydohiv1v88ix58zcei=

Eastwood Middle School

Help this school win $5,000
by posting a review

Eastwood Middle School 5027286 2

Posted January 26, 2013
Too much drama and the teachers here....OMG i hate most of them (except Mr. Mitchell) ok but the acedemics are awesome i guess... bye

Eastwood Middle School 4981917 5

Posted November 26, 2012
Eastwood Middle School has been a wonderful surprise for this mom. With one child who is now a 7th grader & another who'll be entering next year, I can compare & contrast my apprehensions about my oldest child's first days at Eastwood with the excitement I feel now for my younger daughter next year. The school is rather small; very simply laid out.We felt a warmth & sense of welcoming I just never had associated with the idea of "middle school." But that's Eastwood. Not that the curriculum isn't rigorous. Eastwood is an IB school & Principal Matt Kaiser & his staff ask no more of the students than they ask of themselves. & they ask A LOT of themselves.I volunteer a few hours, weekly & I see only part of what these men & women put into their days, nights & wknds on the students' behalf. It may take a village to raise a child, but it takes a group of people who give above & beyond to make a public school this good.In my 2 years of being an Eastwood parent, I've met many such teachers & staff. We're a family of Chinese Americans.My daughter had to deal with racial taunting in another school.There have been NO such incidents at Eastwood where my daughter feels, in her words,"at home."

Eastwood Middle School 4204480 5

Posted May 21, 2010
Great opportunities, great faculty, great kids. We have two very advanced children, and the school has done anything we have asked to challenge them and provide them with the resources they need. They faculty is good at differentiation of instruction

Eastwood Middle School 3239381 2

Posted December 12, 2009

Eastwood Middle School 3976458 5

Posted December 10, 2009

Eastwood Middle School 3869523 4

Posted October 03, 2009
The teachers are dedicated, caring, and knowledgable. The administration seems Intelligent, committed, and keenly interested in making the school better. A public school in a township whose demographics have become quite mixed socioeconomically, Eastwood, like the Washington Township school district in general, has worked hard to change with its shifting student population, and to keep up with the latest in pedagogical methods. The faculty does a good job with discipline, which, as we all know, is never easy. The school, incidentally, is underrated--a lot better than its GreatSchools ranking of 6 out of 10.

Eastwood Middle School 3809150 0

Posted September 15, 2009
ive been going to eastwood for 3 years this is unfotunatly my last year here the schools great and i love it this is the school for me i wouldnt have it and other way and the football program is great!

Eastwood Middle School 3762419 2

Posted August 12, 2009

Eastwood Middle School 3745014 0

Posted August 02, 2009

Eastwood Middle School 3727575 5

Posted July 21, 2009
My daughter went somewhere else and she was getting d's now that she goes to eastwood she has been getting c's b's and some a's.

GreatSchools, Inc. 1999 Harrison Street, Suite 1100, Oakland, CA 94612

©1998-2014 GreatSchools Inc. All Rights Reserved. GreatSchools is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization | Ad Choices

Eastwood Middle School
4401 East 62nd Street, Indianapolis, IN  46220
Eastwood Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews.