School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Eastwood Middle School, an International Baccalaureate World School, is located in the Metropolitan School District of Washington Township (MSDWT), and is situated in the northern section of Indianapolis, Indiana and Marion County. It is a dynamic community with broad diversity in cultures, religions, ethnic groups, races and socioeconomic levels. MSDWT has been an educational leader in Indiana for the last forty years. We hope that beyond this website, you will visit the MSD of Washington Township website at http://www.msdwt.k12.in.us/ where you can also access the Eastwood Middle School website, and every website of each of our seven elementary schools, three middle schools, and North Central High School. Beyond our websites, we invite you to plan a visit to any one of our schools, and see firsthand why Washington Township schools are superior schools, in a supportive community. Eastwood Middle School offers a comprehensive educational curriculum with special activities and programs geared to provide enrichment, exploration, and instructional support for students. Eastwood is also proud to provide excellent opportunities for students to participate in outstanding performing arts, fine arts, academic teams, publications, athletics, and other student activities. Very valuable to the administration, is the role that parents have always played in the operations of our school through a very supportive Parent Teacher Organizations (PTO). All Eastwood Middle School graduates attend the MSDWT flagship high school, North Central. North Central High School has the finest high school curriculum in the State of Indiana. It annually produces the highest number of students taking Advanced Placement exams and scoring high enough to earn college credits. North Central High School was the first high school in Indiana to offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma program. The high school also offers programs that allow students to earn the North Central Academic Honor Diploma and the Indiana Academic Honors Diploma. North Central High School also has the distinction of being Indiana s number two high school in the number of Indiana athletic championships. The MSDWT provides quality education in award winning schools built on a foundation of outstanding educators, administrators, school board members, and supportive parents. Our vision is Superior Schools in a Supportive Community. Come and experience excellence in education, today in our school district.
December 30, 2014

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

After the year sometime you may reflect how much you know and I did that and I saw a lot of improvement

Amount of homework: Disagree

I feel like it's too much but then again it is my opinion and some people may think different than me..

Because teachers are nice and mr.ahlfeld was my 4th grade teacher and he was the best teacher you could ever have and the school is big and I love big schools and LOCKERS who doesn't want a locker that's like your private space at school this is a great school to choose eastwood eagles here WE COME

This is my child's first year as a non-resident student and I can say that in the short amount of time that my child has been at EW, my child is growing socially and academically. EW is a gret example of it takes a village. Everyone is very supportive from Mr. Day, the teachers, other staff and the school officer. It truly feels like a community and we could not have chosen a better school!

This is my first year at EW and can say I am surprised by the amount of interaction, commitment, honesty, caring and availability provided by the teachers. As the School Safety Officer this help me in tremendously in preparing students and staff to be mindful of safety and security and being a TEAM player when it comes to safety. As I tell the students very often "I need you to be the solution to the problem not part of it". The students respect when the staff is honest and up front with them. And that expectation is shown from the top down.

We are a highly rigorous school district that provides learning opportunities for all abilities and ages.

Eastwood is a great school school in a supportive community. The Eastwood staff embraces the very diverse learners that they serve. They provide excellent educational programming for all students; however, with more state funding, they could provide even more opportunities for students beyond the traditional school day.

My daughter is currently a senior. She attended Eastwood when it was good. My son is now an 8th grader and I'd say Eastwood is way above "good". Block scheduling at EW has enabled teachers to really build relationships and bond with the children in their classes. My daughter sometimes felt like the teachers didn't even know who she was...but my son feels very connected and appreciates that teachers know and care about him. Now that EW is an IB school, I think things will continue to get better and better! I appreciate all that the teachers and administrators do to make Eastwood great!

Eastwood is part of Washington Township Schools located in Indianapolis, IN. Washington Township has been a standard bearer for excellence in education throughout the state of Indiana for decades. Students are challenged academically, nurtured socially, and supported by dedicated and committed staff. Parents of the Washington Township community along with community leaders have provided over $4million to support innovation in the classroom through the Washington Township Schools Foundation. Washington Township is dedicated to the education of the whole child. All students in grades K-10 are provided a second language learning experience. Opportunities for students to experience leadership and community service are embedded in the culture of this diverse and exceptional district.

Eastwood Middle School works diligently to serve a very diverse population of learners as we implement an inquiry based framework through out IB philosophy. Performance on state assessments continues to improve as we experience higher growth and achievement for students.

Last modified Eastwood Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.