Greenbriar Elementary School 2

Posted July 01, 2014
Greenbriar is a decent school. Great teachers (mostly, not all). TERRIBLE leadership. The current principal is absolutely awful. Despite the decent teachers the principal is running that school to the ground. I have pulled my child from this school, not because of his wonderful teacher but because of the ridiculously bad leadership. Worst. Principal. Ever. Do you know how many teachers and assistants have left that school in the last 2 years since she became principal? Over 50! The staff there knows better than to stay and so do I.

Greenbriar Elementary School 3

Posted June 18, 2014
I must admit I have a certain profound interest in greenbriar. I am currently a literacy interventionist in An IPS school. Our school has had an A rating four some years now, and I am growing out of my position. I went to greenbriar growing up in the eighties, and then it was majority white affluent students. I loved that school, even though being raised by a single mom in those days raised much gossip about my brother and I. Is it still an open concept? Anyway, I am disappointed to hear that so many are having such concerns about the leadership, and further the cultural competency of the school. Worse is the academic grade of a C. I've got my heart set on leading that school one day, and I hope it comes true, because it deserves better. Two years...

Greenbriar Elementary School 1

Posted June 01, 2010
I have to absolutely agree with everything that the parent who posted on May 7, 2010 wrote. There is a huge degree of non-communication, along with a lack of respect and lack of discipline at this school. There are a FEW good teachers in the mix that if your child is lucky to get, they will actually learn something during the year. I was one of the lucky parents that had caring and encouraging teachers for my kids throughout their years there. (which is the ONLY reason I give this school 1 star.)

Greenbriar Elementary School 0

Posted May 07, 2010
I am not sure who has been posting all these wonderful messages about Greenbriar because my opinion is totally different. My first issue is with the Principal who appears to avoid the issues of the minority community and this school is majority minority. My children have been at this school for 2 years and I am ready to take them out because the activities that they describe of student behavior makes me really concerned about the safety of my child. I am not happy with what I see taking place. I feel that the Principal likes to portray a certain image but if you go into the school and spend time as I have you will see a whole other side of Greenbriar. I also went to the Indiana Education site and this school has been on academic watch for the past five some kind of achievement! You be the judge.

Posted April 14, 2010
All three of my girls attended Greenbriar. It is a warm and nurturing school with teachers who really care. A great school that cares about all its students.

Posted March 04, 2010
We love this school! The teachers are amazing! I cannot say enough about how experienced and caring the teachers are; and the school administration is hands-on and actively listens to parents. The school is a safe and positive environment for our kids!

Posted October 04, 2009
Greenbriar Elementary school has a great fellowship between the teachers, administrators, parents and teachers. My child is getting a great education at Greenbriar. Each of her teachers have gone over and beyond to meet with the parents for issues concerning their students. These are positive and not so positive issues. They have been very upbeat and respectful at all times. There has not been one time that I've felt that they didn't care. It's actually the opposite - they care greatly. The teachers regularly talk and brain storm on classroom issues. If what they are doing in the classroom doesn't work as it use to or as they hope it will, they will confer with each other to get it solved. They also work hard to get the parents involved. Greenbriar Elementary school should be chosen as a Great School!

Posted January 02, 2009
My son loves his teacher! I went to visit before Christmas break and I have never seen a teacher use so much technology. An elementary school teacher using a computer projector is amazing to see. I can see why my son is always so excited to talk about class. I wish his teacher would loop up to 4th grade with my son next year.

Posted December 23, 2008
Greenbriar is a wonderul school. My three kids love thier school and teachers. They go out of there way to help my kids in any way they can.

Greenbriar Elementary School 4

Posted November 12, 2008
Principal is always there, I see him taking an active part of the school.

Greenbriar Elementary School
8201 Ditch Road, Indianapolis, IN  46260
Last modified Greenbriar Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Greenbriar Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.