Indianapolis, IN
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Spring Mill Elementary School, located in the Metropolitan School District of Washington Township (MSDWT), is situated in the northern section of Indianapolis, Indiana and Marion County. It is a dynamic community with broad diversity in cultures, religions, ethnic groups, races and socioeconomic levels. MSDWT has been an educational leader in Indiana for the last forty years. We hope that beyond this website, you will visit the Washington Township website at http://www.msdwt.k12.in.us/ where you can also access the Spring Mill Elementary School website, and every website of each of our seven elementary schools, three middle schools, and North Central High School. Beyond our websites, we hope that you will plan a visit to any one of our schools, and see firsthand why Washington Township schools are superior schools, in a supportive community. Spring Mill Elementary School offers a comprehensive educational curriculum with special activities and programs geared to provide enrichment, exploration, and instructional support for students. Parents have always played an active role in the operations of the district and each school in Washington Township furnishes a Parent Center to accommodate parents visiting the school. The MSDWT flagship high school, North Central High School has the finest high school curriculum in the State of Indiana. It annually produces the highest number of students taking Advanced Placement exams and scoring high enough to earn college credits. North Central High School was the first high school in Indiana to offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma program. The high school also offers programs that allow students to earn the North Central Academic Honor Diploma and the Indiana Academic Honors Diploma. MSDWT provides excellent opportunities for students to participate in outstanding performing arts, fine arts, academic teams, publications, athletics, and other student activities. North Central High School has the distinction of being Indiana s number two high school in the number of Indiana athletic championships. The MSDWT provides quality education in award winning schools built on a foundation of outstanding educators, administrators, school board members, and supportive parents. Our vision is Superior Schools in a Supportive Community. Come and experience tomorrow today in our school district.
December 15, 2014

Posted December 18, 2014
Still a GREAT school to send your kids - as 2014 draws to a close, our kids (now in grade 4) are so lucky to attend Spring Mill. Thanks to all staff for their hard work and care.
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 04, 2013
The specials teachers, particularly in Physical Education, Art and Music, are outstanding and provide unmatched exposure and challenge to students. A school motto is "Physical Education and the Arts for Life" and students benefit.

Spring Mill Elementary School 3

Posted September 13, 2012
Spring Mill has been a good option for our family. I do wish the front office was friendlier and more welcoming, but the teachers do a great job at reaching out to parents and communicating regularly. The PTO is strong and the new IB curriculum seems to be going well, though at times it seems like a lot of worksheet work. We love that we attend and support our neighborhood school and keep a close eye to ensure our children's needs are met.

Spring Mill Elementary School 1

Posted November 28, 2010
After having heard very high reviews of this school I was very disappointed with the disrespect and lack of leadership shown by the principle. My daughter just entered kindergarten and I find it to be ridiculous that when attempting to communicate my daughter's needs to the principle my concerns were ignored and disregarded. This is a shame considering the many great and wonderful teachers in this school really attempting to make a difference in children's lives whom I feel are not receiving adequate support from the leadership. Knowing the former principle of this school, who was wonderful, it is a shame to see what the school has dwindled down too academically and in their support of teachers and students.

Posted May 27, 2009
I was co-president of the PTO this year. My son went to SM from 1st to 5th grade (his last day today), and I am so sorry to see him leave the school. It is a wonderful school, the teachers are fantastic, and the principal is awesome.

Posted April 29, 2008
Both of my daughters have gone to Spring Mill, and I couldn't be happier with the results. They're happy, they loved the experience, and was sad when she hadto leave Spring Mill to go to middle school.

Spring Mill Elementary School 3

Posted September 12, 2006
- a staff

Posted March 11, 2005
As a parent involved with my son's school, I feel that SME has an excellent academic program. My son's teacher encourages him to succeed and is available for him if he has a problem. She also communicates any problems or issues that come to her attention. SME offers diversity and numerous after school programs. I strongly recommend this school for anyone moving into the area.

Spring Mill Elementary School
8250 Spring Mill Road, Indianapolis, IN  46260
Last modified Spring Mill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Spring Mill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top