Westlane Middle School 1

Posted April 28, 2014
Westlane Middle School does not have the resources to support special needs students who are very high functioning. My son is in eighth grade and in all honors classes. There are 30 or more kids in every class, and the teachers are too overwhelmed to give him the time and extra support that he needs to be successful. In addition very little effort has been put forth to establish a relationship with him that would help foster his performance in the classroom. The teachers expect him to take more responsibility simply because it is honors classes. We have worked unsuccessfully with his resource teacher to provide him with the tools he needs. There has been very little communication with several of his regular classroom teachers. A couple of them have not even answered emails. As a former educator it is unbelievable to me that a teacher would allow a child to fail a class without even an attempt to communicate with a parent.

Posted March 11, 2014
We came to Westlane from a small, pre-dominantly white, "exclusive" private school. I am sorry we ever wasted time elsewhere as Westlane has been the answer to prayer. The education is sufficiently challenging in an environment where good choices and appropriate behavior are the expectation and the rule. The administration and teachers get results! Our child is happier than ever and thriving academically.

Westlane Middle School 4

Posted October 09, 2012
Westlane has grown every year since my child started. We have had wonderful teachers with the exception of one this year. She has been teaching to long and I feel that she needs to go. The principal is overwhelmed but does the best she can. The school needs attention from the township and some updates to the building. Good school over all.

Posted October 02, 2012
I am a teacher at Westlane and I love working here. My fellow staff members are energetic and excited about their jobs. They love kids and go the extra mile to make sure every student is receiving the best education possible. My family lives out of district but I think I am going to have my child go through Westlane because I feel so confident about what is happening here.

Posted October 14, 2009
Westlane is a very creative school and i'm happy i've been there for my years of middle school!

Westlane Middle School 2

Posted April 15, 2009

Westlane Middle School 4

Posted April 06, 2009
It's an awesome school! I'm happy to be a student there! The teachers are great at helping me out! It's does have some downers though.

Posted March 12, 2009
Westlane is unique in many ways, the teachers are all special and usually knowledgeable in their field.

Westlane Middle School 0

Posted October 01, 2008
very nice good.facilities are great

Posted September 11, 2008

Westlane Middle School
1301 West 73rd Street, Indianapolis, IN  46260
Last modified Westlane Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westlane Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.