Posted October 31, 2012
My husband and I were in a real quandary when the time came to decide where our daughter would attend Kindergarten. She was already attending preschool in an affluent suburb which boasts some of the best schools in the state. It would have seemed the easy choice to move away from Indy as so many do, except that we didn't feel the community's values were a match with our family's, and didn't want to have to "unteach" what she'd pick up socially/culturally. On the other hand, many schools in Indianapolis are quite troubled, and we weren't about to sacrifice our child's quality of education either. Crooked Creek is our perfect answer. They embrace racial, religious, and socioeconomic diversity, create a sense of community and genuine warmth, appreciate parent involvement, and set very high expectations for their students. I can't speak too much about the IB program yet because we've just begun that journey, but so far our child loves learning concepts along with facts, and is excited about learning Mandarin too. I would recommend Crooked Creek to anyone who wants an exceptional alternative to moving to the 'burbs for better schools.

Posted September 14, 2012
While I have been a Crooked Creek Parent, the teachers have been excellent in setting high expectations for my child and communicating with parents. There are plenty of volunteer opportunities for parents, including, PTA, sports, classroom volunteer, school events, etc. The school and school district typically provides fun events to allow your child to interact with friends outside of the classroom. Parents are welcome to enter into the classroom at any point in time during the day. Parents have daily communication on your child's behavior and academic effort through student folders. Parent s notices and letters are provided weekly by both the teacher and the principal. The principal reviews EVERY student s report card and writes notes to the student and/or the parents regarding academic achievement for that grading period. Community partnerships allow for the school to provide awards for Honor Roll students and attendance. Parents have access to teacher s emails and teachers respond within one business day. The school is a great place if you are a parent that would like to be actively involved in your child's learning process and enjoy supporting school activities.

Posted August 24, 2011
As a parent of 2 Crooked Creek "graduates" (both our kids are now at Westlane) I'm dismayed and disappointed by this posting. Dismayed because thiis posting doesn't accurately represent Crooked Creek much less the entire district. Disappointed because the writer is using a public forum to air what appears to be a personal problem which without any details on the original issue or how they worked to solve it doesn't help other parents judge Crooked Creek's fit for their child. Crooked Creek (and Westlane, I'm finding) has leadership that has resulted in some of the most collaborative, committed and caring teachers I have ever encountered. And as the child of 2 parents in education I should know! Personality conflicts and problems arise in teaching hundreds of children with very diverse parents and family situations. Still, we experienced staff who would do everything possible to help kids learn and grow. There were no excuses for certain behaviors and zero tolerance for safety issues, but white, black, brown or yellow, Crooked Creek focuses on a child's success while teaching tolerance and respect for others. Don't let this single post put you off a great school.

Crooked Creek Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
The teachers strive to bring out the best in their students

Posted June 01, 2009
My daughter just 'graduated' from 5th grade this year. What an excellent school! The principals we have encountered there, the teachers, staff, they all give it their best. There is parent involvement and many opportunities there for family involvement as well. The talent show and artistically talented classes were my daughter's favorite outside activities. Mr El and Mrs Callis are fabulous! Kids are generally under control and character values are taught with the same strength as the academics.

Posted May 27, 2009
Two of my children just finished k - 5 and our third child just finished K - 3. We love Crooked Creek. The staff is excellent and the diverse student body created a wonderful learning environment for our children. We highly recommend Crooked Creek.

Crooked Creek Elementary School 2

Posted July 28, 2008

Crooked Creek Elementary School 3

Posted July 16, 2008

Crooked Creek Elementary School 3

Posted July 16, 2008
I hold a special place in my heart for Crooked Creek Elementary. I was very pleased to send both my first and second child there when they were elementary age. I was however extremely disappointed with the lack of leadership from Ms.Henson-the acting principal while Mrs.Ruffett was away this past school year(2007). The few times my husband and I spoke with Ms.Henson, we were both highly insulted by her condesending demeanor and complete lack of compassion for her students. I sincerely hope she is not still acting principal in the 2008 school year. I will not be sending my third child back to Crooked Creek if she remains on as acting principal.

Posted December 13, 2007

Crooked Creek Elementary School
2150 Kessler Boulevard West Drive, Indianapolis, IN  46228
Last modified Crooked Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crooked Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.