Posted April 29, 2014
I love this school. My students are truly the highlight of my day. They are what make this school so great. The passion the teachers have for their craft is amazing. Ben Davis does a great job of making such a big school feel smaller. There are countless opportunities for students and staff. I'm proud to say I teach at Ben Davis.

Posted April 29, 2014
Our school library is one of the best in the nation. We have resources that match the interest of all of our school community. Students can come and work on assignments, read a book or conduct research. This year our circulation increased by 2000 items. We have had many authors visits, and nine this year alone. They include: Sharon Draper, Neal Shusterman, Chris Crutcher, L. Divine, Michael Grant and Melody Carlson. This year we had: Jay Asher, Sam Bracken, Mike Mullin, Angela Johnson, Saundra Mitchell, Sharon Flake, Gene Yang, Eliot Schrefer and Jason Reynolds. The library sponsors student and staff literary trips. In the past students have traveled to Chicago to Printer's Row Book Fair and staff have traveled to New York to Book Expo America. These trips energizes participants toward using and reading books in the curriculum and for recreation. Our High School Battle of the Books team has won three years in a row. We are a reading community and our library makes reading come alive. Go Giants!

Posted December 16, 2013
Ben Davis High School may not be the very best school in the nation but it is very well known for its sports and its career center which allows other students from local schools such as Avon, Brownsburg, Speedway and more high schools to come and learn on our fasilities and stay in a safe and great acedemic enviornment. Ben Davis is very well known by an academic standpoint because I am currently a senior now and i am graduating in the top 20% of my class with a 3.5 GPA while the number one student in my glass is way above a 4.0. please keep in mind there are 1,018 kids in my class and i was able to push through with my dyslexia. I am also a Cheerleader and Show Choir member so i am very active in this school, if you stay active whether that is through academics or sports BEen Davis can be a great school for you. the Teachers will push you and it is false that they do not know how to teach, while some teaching styles are different then others there are many ways to help if you're struggling in a class. i am very proud to say that I soon going to be a Ben Davis Alum and i am very proud to say "WE ARE WAYNE!"

Ben Davis High School 0

Posted July 30, 2012
- a principal
Ben Davis offers many pathways to success! We are a school of champions as reflected in our many national and state titles. Students can and do find success here in multiple ways: through IB, AP, dual credit, AVID, Band, Speech, JROTC, Athletics and so much more!!

Ben Davis High School 4

Posted July 29, 2012
these bad reviews are false, Ive went 2 Ben Davis and have nephews there. its an excellent school for academics. Also this behavior that is described carry's on in all schools. Ben Davis Is pretty large but not over populated. strict rules have always took affect at this school, which prevent students from breaking rules. A very nice school to attend and is one of the best schools in indy...I would recommend this school to any parent, the graduation rate is high unlike any ips school. After basically flunking all my classes both freshman & Sophomore year in IPS. I started this school was as a junior with 10 credits, and went on to graduate on time my senior year. There is no racial issues at this school at all, smh on some of the comments. If A child is willing to learn or succeed this school is a wise choice. Although its a bigger school, kids tend to show off and get in trouble trying to impress their fellow class mates which in the end would lead to expulsion. The school doesnt tolerate out of order behavior. Athletic program and Academic, and Career programs at this school are the best in INDPLS

Ben Davis High School 3

Posted May 28, 2011
Not the best school around. I am a transfer student so i only attend the school in the career center. But there is overcrowding. the school does not feel safe, i hear about fights almost everyday. there are gang related issues. The teachers can't control the class and everyone cusses out the teacher. They don't allow you to wear backpacks because of the fear of hiding weapons. You can't wear anything larger than a hoodie or you have to put it in your locker.

Ben Davis High School 1

Posted May 15, 2011
I would not suggest this school to anyone, I have had horrible experiences with every aspect of this school with 2 of my 3 children. With the experience of this school I am now looking for a private school for my last child. I am scared to send my child here everyday. I am looking forward to my childs last day at this school in 2 weeks. Nothing is positive from my personal experiences here. Sports, leadership, positive role modeling, communication, and safety of my child have been a huge terrible personal experience for me. These are my personal experiences not the same for everyone.

Ben Davis High School 4

Posted August 18, 2010
BDHS is not a scary place. I have never felt scared that I will be injured or anything like that because the administration is SUPER strict (which can get annoying). Because it is so big it can afford to provide the students with better learning opportunities, like BDTV/WBDG(student TV & radio) and the career center. Excellent school, but the administration is so strict it becomes so annoying to do almost anything.

Ben Davis High School 1

Posted May 07, 2010
Ben Davis is a scary high school. The teachers can't teach because the kids don't allow them to get it done. There is racial tension, gang issues, and just too many people to provide a safe environment. If you can afford to send your child elsewhere, please do so.

Contact Information

1200 North Girls School Road
Indianapolis, IN 46214

School website

Ben Davis High School
1200 North Girls School Road, Indianapolis, IN  46214
Last modified Ben Davis High School is a public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ben Davis High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews.